Melbourne

Started by Trolleybusracer, January 02, 2008, 07:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trolleybusracer

Melbourne Transport

Eastrans Bus At Flinders Street

X' Crapollis and a Alstom Comeng at Flinders Street

SW6 856 and 946 pass

National Sl 200 (mk1) 248 and 241 Pass in Queen Street (Bubzie was standing right beside me ;D)

A Vlocity flys thru Footscray

N473 at Southern Cross with a Relfective "smile" (must of got its teeth cleaned)  :D

Irisbus Rider

Bloody good pictures!

Especially that V'Locity one, nice work!

And I've got to say, I like the X'Trapolis! Looks good.

And nice good crisp pic of the loco!

Good work ;D

Irisbus Rider

They are good pictures, and this is why;
1st photo: Perfect lighting, interesting background content

2nd photo: 2 types of trains, lighting ok.

3rd photo: 2 types of historic trams on a curve.

4th photo: Great angle, and blur effect.

5th photo: Interesting angle, and content.

Busnerd

If you have no positive comments about the photos then quite simply, do not post.

Constructive Criticisms only please. Any posts deemed to be insulting or offering no constructive criticism will be removed - R

O305

I suggest a smaller apperture for the blurred effect; I suggest going for the smallest apperture your camera offers.

Mod Note: Unnecessary comments removed, post altered.

Irisbus Rider

Constructive criticism, such as suggesting a smaller appature is fine. Otherwise, keep it clean, mate.

O305

Busnerd

Quote from: O305 on January 29, 2008, 08:50:03 PM
Why the hell was my post deleted, suggesting a smaller apperture for the blurred effect? I suggest going for the smallest apperture your camera offers.

Anyway, why don't we just make Joshula moderator, he'd do a better job anyway.
A search of your post revealed that was the only constructive critiscism in your reply. Everything else was "Bad, bad, crappy, bad, poor attempt at" Had you just said that you did not like the photos or explained with more practice this certain effect could be better..etc. But you pretty much crapped all over the photos hence why the post has been deleted by the moderating team, so please keep it constructive. Photos are here to be judged but not proverbially ripped up and thrown out the window of a dart.

Irisbus Rider

I think opinions, frutiful or not ought to be expressed.

Busnerd

Quote from: Renault Rider on January 29, 2008, 08:57:09 PM
I think opinions, frutiful or not ought to be expressed.

Yes, but as has been explained to you (John) that a complaint was recieved about the post hence action was taken. So leave it at that please.

Buzz Killington

Mod Team, please refer to the Moderators forum as I will be starting a discussion on our photograph policy. Thanks.

Carrie

I think all your photos are fabulous Trolleybusracer! I especially liked the train one at Footscray. The bluriness was very effective. How does one achieve such an effect on an ordinary [digital] camera? I wish I could do it with my camera. My camera has automatic settings so I can't set aperture or shutter speed. Any suggestions [apart from spending a lot of money on another camera!!]

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: Carrie on February 08, 2008, 04:32:43 PM
I think all your photos are fabulous Trolleybusracer! I especially liked the train one at Footscray. The bluriness was very effective. How does one achieve such an effect on an ordinary [digital] camera? I wish I could do it with my camera. My camera has automatic settings so I can't set aperture or shutter speed. Any suggestions [apart from spending a lot of money on another camera!!]
Thanks!

Actually that one at Footscray was a Complete Fluke! There must Be a way to change the shutter Speed, how old is your camera? also i took it around 5 - 6 pm so the lack of light in that area helped

Sir Pompously

I love that VLocity one, quite abstract but the train came out beautifully! Also the Tram shot with the two W Class trams, I love those old things!