General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Didn't think it would have, Belco seems short on buses at the moment, it would make no sense transferring on to Tuggy.

Bus 400

I was told that Tuggeranong sent buses to Belconnen for the start of Network '08. Belconnen sent some back for Network '09 changes. But some may be sent back to Belconnen for this new change.

Going by what poor quality this bus is in, I suspect it may be a "if we have nothing except MkIII's or Darts left you can take this one instead" bus

Bus 400

A few driver's call the PR100.3's MkIII's, well they are the 3rd version of the Renaults

Snorzac

Ah no they don't, they may call them Point threes, but not Mark threes.

Sir Pompously

Yeah I don't think I have heard a driver use the term MkIII in my life unless it is describing a Sydney MkIII Merc.

Bus 400

I know of one driver that does. At first it confused me, I'm use to it now.

Snorzac

That driver has no idea then, I know a lot of drivers and have spoken to drivers that I don't really know and not one has ever called a .3 a Mk III.

Bus 400

This driver is a member of this forum & when he finds out he won't be happy. It isn't who you think.

My source has informed me that it was Bus 975 which the driver in question had today. Which according to another sources records is currently based at Tuggeranong Depot, ACT. It is currently situated in F Road.

Sir Pompously

A PR100.3 is commonly know as a .3, or a PR100.3. MkIII is not a commonly used term for this type of Vehicle, whether or not it is the third generation of Renault vehicle (PR100, PR100.2 then PR100.3 with Agoraline taking up the number 4 spot). If so we can all begin to call the Irisbuses MkIV's. Discussion on this matter shall now cease, and we can all get back to being one happy little family.

Busnerd

Who cares where 975 is parked!

I'm sure it will move when another driver takes it out, it's not as if the bus is a crime scene, all they would've done is downloaded the camera footage before returning it to service.

Bus 400

In the next week or so the left lane of Belconnen Way (City Bound) is to become a Bus lane only at the Macarthur Avenue Traffic Lights (there is a message at Tuggers Depot).

Also there is a damaged Toyota Coaster at Tuggeranong workshop layover (in the spot where the Dennis Darts are lined up in the open)

Also more then the normal amount of drivers took today (Monday 04/05/09) off & casual were being called in from 5am.

Snorzac

A coaster?? It ain't ACTION's

Bus 400

It could be Lake Tuggeranong College's or any other school's. But all I could see was the front bit & damaged bottom grill.

I would like to also add a close major stuff up by ACTION. That is that (from what I could see ) the MAN's only just fit into Tuggeranong Workshop by just over centimeter.

smitho

I had 700 for my school run this am instead of the usual Mark 1 - a bit of a snail, but running a lot better than how I remember it around mid last year, when it was very sluggish. It has no wayfarer/validator, something its been missing for a while I think.
Earlier in the week, I had 714 for my school run which I then continued to use on the up 318 ex Banks @ 0836. She is running very well.

Bus 400

Scotty & Nige mentioned route 315 this morning. It had something to do with making fun on a topic & they mentioned about people complaining on the 315 from Tuggeranong to Spence

Buzz Killington

A reminder to all forum members that this thread should be used for small/general observations - please consider starting a new thread for items of note.

Buzz Killington

I spotted 983 running a southbound 900 earlier this afternoon.. that's a bit unusual, isn't it?

Busnerd

It wasn't Chris was it?

Buzz Killington

couldn't see the drivers window unfortunately. i was in the right lane and it was in the left

Irisbus Rider

It was a driver that was required to operate a charter at the end of the shift, so instead of having to return to the depot to swap buses, just took the artic the whole shift.

Was quite an interesting sight though.

Snorzac

He was also sighted doing a 903

Bus 400

Bus 986 lost its middle left wheel today at Tuggeranong Interchange at about 13:00. I was on this bus & smoke came from this wheel at the Woden Pool stop (southbound). I got off & caught at 64 20 minutes later & ended up at Tuggers with the mechanic fixing up the bus bu pulling the axle apart. The bus was driven back to the depot at 14:00.

Snorzac

105 now has an advertisement on it's right hand side: "How to prevent the spread of Flu"

Buzz Killington

There's a fair few buses with that ad..

Snorzac

Really? That's the first time I've seen it

Buzz Killington

It must have gone on over the weekend, because I hadn't seen it before today, but I saw it on a bunch of Renaults today.

Snorzac

It's up allover the inside of buses as well, all the buses I got today had it behind the drivers cab, except 302 which has the responsible gambling pamphlet...I wonder how that got there.

On the topic of drivers cab advertising, it is apparently free for non-profit organizations(Hint, hint)

Bus 400

Heard the best thing on the radio today, someone was trying to put a washing machine on the bus up at Lathlain Street, the driver refused & the radio room altered other drivers.

Snorzac

Today on ### there was a bit of a debacle between the driver and a cyclist, I found it mildly entertaining....here's what was said:
Cyclist: {Puts bike on bus and steps on}
Driver: Excuse me mate, would you mind removing your drink bottle?
Cyclist: WHY!!!
Driver: Because that is the rules.
Cyclist: {Storms off bus and gets drink bottle returning to bus and banging the drink bottle on coin tray}
Driver: GET OFF THE BUS!!!!
Cyclist: You'll pay for this!!
Driver: How?
Cyclist: {takes bike off rack angrily, makes a rude gesture to the driver and rides off with BUS %%% almost hitting him}

Snorzac

and while I am on the topic of strange happenings today...301 was parked in the car park on Cameron ave. (near where the new bus station is) with police in attendance, don't know what was happening there.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mini Mat on May 17, 2009, 08:45:11 PM
and while I am on the topic of strange happenings today...301 was parked in the car park on Cameron ave. (near where the new bus station is) with police in attendance, don't know what was happening there.
I do. Let's just say it's not a good idea to leave your coin dispenser / money bag in plain sight even if you lock your bus. [No, I wasn't the driver.]

The latest InterACTION newsletter had this reminder from the South Region manager:
QuoteDrivers are reminded that buses must not be parked and left unattended in any area other than an approved layover, depot or interchange. Buses left unattended at unauthorised locations are vulnerable to theft, vandalism, tampering or damage. Any variation of this policy may constitute improper use of Territory owned property and will be seriously regarded.
Maybe the driver hadn't read that bit.

Bus 400

I thought that if you left your bus unattended, that you were meant to lock everything in the storage lockers. But I would love to know how they got access to the bus (doesn't have to be answered if it is private) if it was locked up? Unless a window was smashed.

I_adore_buses

Right then this happened to me this morning:
I got a coffee, I went to get on the 2 at 8:23am (woden), the bus driver wouldn't let me on, so I decided to put my School Faresaver in the machine, I said I won't drink it.  I sat down as normal and decide to act natural, what does the driver do call the inspector on the radio.  The inspector comes and asks who has the coffee, I don't own up, he goes back and asks the driver,  the driver says the person with the blue bag (that was me), I agreed and I said fine I will catch the 8:38am one and be late for school.  Which I was.  Hope it isn't the same driver tomorrow.                                                                                 
I wish I threw the coffee in one of their faces.

I_adore_buses

Buzz Killington

Well to be fair there is a no drinking sign on every bus. I think there's probably a bit of leniency with that rule when the drink in question is in a bottle with a lid that seals it (such as a bottle of water). A hot drink is probably a bit different.

That said, if you think you were unfairly treated you can always contact customer service and quote the route and time, and/or bus fleet number.

Sir Pompously

Hot Drinks are a no no, for safety reason's mostly. And when they spill they can create quite a mess (Woman getting on QR EMU Who got her hand in the door, hot chocolate exploded everywhere!). The sign say's 'No Drinking' which implies you can have a drink aslong as you do not drink it, however drinks with flimsy lids, can's which are open, coffee with the easy drinking mugs can be considered as Drinking as you have already been drinking, or can easily drink it. Water is an exception to the rule.

Bus 400

I was having this same conversation with a few other drivers on the weekend. The driver I hand around with allows most drinks except cans on the bus, but he has to see the drink container when they exit. He does this as otherwise they'll just sneak it on & leave the container on the back seat afterwards.

But another driver doesn't allow any drinks, especially coffee as if a passenger with coffee & they get in an argument with the driver or another passenger, then that hot coffee will end up on someone & because of the sign on the door, the driver gets in trouble.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 18, 2009, 01:11:30 PM
I thought that if you left your bus unattended, that you were meant to lock everything in the storage lockers.
In a perfect world, all the storage lockers would actually work. Most of the buses (the bus in question too) has not had a storage locker that actually locks for 6 months. Certain buses don't even contain storage lockers.
I think it's time for ACTION to get serious about this sort of thing.

As for the coffee, hate to say it too, but buses aren't the place for hot drinks. Spilling is the major issue, especially if the bus has to stop in an emergency, your hot coffee would have ended up on the person in front of you. Not too pleasent.

Edit: Identity crisis.

I_adore_buses

I only thought by the time I got to school it would of cooled down a bit! :D

Irisbus Rider

Completely understand the justification in bringing it on board, I don't blame you, but rules are rules.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Breakdown Van Rider on May 18, 2009, 09:52:59 PM
In a perfect world, all the storage lockers would actually work. Most of the buses (the bus in question too) has not had a storage locker that actually locks for 6 months. Certain buses don't even contain storage lockers.
I think it's time for ACTION to get serious about this sort of thing.
There are some that have lockers that don't lock/can't be locked - but these are very few. It's still better to put your money in an unlocked locker than to leave it out on display (although I don't know what the case was in this instance).

However, I am not aware of any bus in the ACTION fleet that does not have a storage locker.

Bus 400

Can anyone tell me wether the Irisbuses have always had the air vent/grill up the front where the doors open over? I ask as I hadn't noticed it before & I saw it on 308.

Snorzac

Does the sticker on 957 have anything to do with ACT Bus. It is a sticker from a label writer and it says 'Leroy' on it. lol.

lukeo25

maybe one of the drivers named the bus, like the scanias :D

Snorzac

342 has just shat itself outside my house  ;D

particleman

Quote from: lukeo25 on May 21, 2009, 08:10:07 AM
maybe one of the drivers named the bus, like the scanias :D
Why are the Scanias named? I'm just curious

Snorzac

I think the mechanics got bored

Bus 400

Bus 311 had a 3 smashed windows tonight, they were near the rear drivers side. It looked like rocks had been thrown at it. It occurred sometime on its 900 service to Tuggeranong Interchange. But it still did its last 900 service to Belconnen that went through Civic at 23:50(ish).

I was told by another driver by SMS, as he saw it go through Tuggeranong Interchange.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Martin on May 20, 2009, 11:22:00 AM
However, I am not aware of any bus in the ACTION fleet that does not have a storage locker.
I thought the Darts lacked one. Or does the desto count as a storage locker? Ha ha.