Question: Photo of the Month - July
Option 1: Tram #3 on Flemington Rd
Option 2: Bus 480 on Box Hill Av
Option 3: Bus 711 on Antill St
Option 4: 7390MO on Monaro St
Option 5: Bus 483 on Bugden Av
Option 6: Bus 641 on Summerland Cct
Option 7: Bus 606 on Forest Dr
Option 8: 213-036 at Kippax
Option 9: 8404MO on East Row
Submissions are open for Photo of the Month. And here's the rules:
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
- two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
- photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
- photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
- submitted photographs must prominently feature:
- public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
- a bus or tram from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
- the vehicle is in focus
- the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
- photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions/) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four
ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
*This month we are seeking photos which include Canberra Metro trams or tram line
#. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos at any particular location.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640]
instead of [img]
Submissions close midnight 26 June
, Australian Eastern standard Time.
Voting will commence on 27 June. Voting will close on 1 July.
# since they have yet to be seen in service, photos of 711 and new Volgrens will be the bonus category for August.
Tram 003 sits on Flemington Rd near the Manning Clark (Crescent) North Tram Stop.
480 sits on Box Hill Ave near Lanyon Marketplace prior to operating a route 343 to Fraser.
711 rests on Antill Street after a stressful first morning in service.
Here we have Bus 641 on Summerland Cct, Kambah. This week marks the 40 years of my family or myself living in Kambah.
Next is Bus 606 climbs over Dairy Farmers Hill, come next year I'll have to find a new hill for buses.
213-036 (Fuso Rosa) lays over at Kippax [15 June 2018]
8404MO (Volvo B7RLE) arrives at City Bus Station [25 June 2018]
Nearly forgot what day it was. Poll has been added. Despite what it says, votes will close after 9am on 1 July.
Voting has been locked. It was very close, but Bus 606 won the vote.
For August, we are looking for photos of 711 and any new Scania, be it Volgren or Bustech.