Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: mo7347 - Woden Interchange
Option 2: ex114 - King George Tce
Option 3: 490 - Bradley St
Option 4: 490 - Kippax
Option 5: 659 - Lachlan St
Option 6: ex-114 Heysen St
Option 7: 490 - Woden Interchange
Option 8: 490 & 213-239 - Woden Interchange
Option 9: 930 - undisclosed location
Photo of the Month nominations are now open for December.
● two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
● * This month we are seeking photos of Bus 490 - Yutong ZG6131HG1. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or ancillary vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by DM to @barry_drive on Instagram (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 26 November, Australian Eastern daylight saving time, unless fewer than 6 photos have been submitted.
Voting will commence on 27 November. Voting will close 1 December.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook and Instagram. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery, and Facebook and Instagram pages.
7347 at Woden Interchange starting an 831 to Queanbeyan - a rare sight on route work. #wow
ex-114 and ex-967 on King George Terrace, Parkes.
490 departs Woden on an R5 to Lanyon Mkt Pl.
BUS 490-2029 (https://flic.kr/p/2k9UDD2) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 490 at Kippax Interchange prior to operating a route 44
Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2k9UFjS) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 659 on Lachlan st Maquarie as the sun rises
Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2k9UFjB) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
ex BUS 114 on Heyson st Lyons
490 at Woden
490 at Woden with that thing
930 on Barry Drive on driver training day
Voting is now open.