June 18, 2021, 11:56:41 AM

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Routes and Timetables / Re: Network 2021
Last post by triumph - Yesterday at 01:09:13 PM
Quote from: Barry Drive on June 11, 2021, 10:10:12 AMConstruction work on the new Turner Layover is progressing. This could be the catalyst for a network change next year when City West departures move to Rimmer St.

The other cause of a network revamp would be if they decide to lease 34 electric buses and store them at a satellite depot – I would assume they'd need to reconfigure the shifts although that may not affect the timetables.

In any case, the new GTFS has been released taking the timetable up to mid December. So that suggests no changes happening this year, other than the usual Christmas timetable reduction.

Firstly, It is to be hoped that Rimmer Street departures when the new layover is operational will include those routes departing S from platforms 8 and 10 and N from platform 6. In particular, services starting at platform 10 and terminating at platform 11 are very inconvenient for connections. ( For some connections by those familiar with the system, there are non-interchange options, but using the Interchange should be the effective, efficient, and convenient norm.)

Secondly, it is very disappointing that, apparently and despite recruitment and training seemingly proceeding apace, the weekend timetable is not to be improved again this year to reduce local service intervals to at least one hour from the present 2 hours. (In particular, a 2 hour interval service to the National Museum is very poor indeed.) 

Thirdly, how is the layover to be accessed? Brief material I found seems to imply that buses will enter and leave from and to Kingsley St., thus adding to the long delays (up to near 2min) already experienced by inbound services turning right from the Barry Drive bus lane. And what about already lengthy backed up morning peak hour Barry Drive general traffic, too bad? (Construction plans seem to be hidden behind registration of potential contractors and a log-in.)
General Discussion / Re: Bus procurement after 2020
Last post by Barry Drive - June 12, 2021, 12:29:29 PM
Last day in service? Considering they're still talking about leasing 34 buses to replace 39 Renaults, I can't see them all going until the first purchased Electric Buses are delivered - and that's meant to be late 2022. (And that's dependent on the temporary depot, because Woden Depot isn't expected to be ready until 2023.)
Routes and Timetables / Re: Network 2021
Last post by Barry Drive - June 11, 2021, 10:10:12 AM
Construction work on the new Turner Layover is progressing. This could be the catalyst for a network change next year when City West departures move to Rimmer St.

The other cause of a network revamp would be if they decide to lease 34 electric buses and store them at a satellite depot – I would assume they'd need to reconfigure the shifts although that may not affect the timetables.

In any case, the new GTFS has been released taking the timetable up to mid December. So that suggests no changes happening this year, other than the usual Christmas timetable reduction.
The Playground / Re: What PT did you get today?...
Last post by triumph - June 09, 2021, 10:42:54 PM
720 (R3)
713 (58)
659 (57)
592 (57)
008 (R1)
002 (R1)
006 (R1)
643 (R9)
416 (41) Incl school extension, 7 students
705 (R2)
581 (R3)
Last post by triumph - June 06, 2021, 09:50:55 PM
Almost time to start a competition (or book....) forecasting the last Renault in service, and last day of service.
Last post by triumph - June 06, 2021, 09:48:37 PM
001, 012, 009 (R1)
Last post by triumph - June 05, 2021, 11:34:41 PM
3/6/21
689 (R2)
668 (R3)

Yesterday
434 (R3)
553 (R2)
716 (901)
668 (41)
434 (R3)
Saturday June 26th - Route 444.
Rescheduled to a Saturday for legal reasons, Fraser West Terminus detour in operation on this day.

[click to enlarge]

This is the first part of the hire.
Arriving back at Fraser West Terminus at approximately 1:30pm, for those who wish to board for the second half. Still no word from CTM, but as far as I'm aware, passengers are still FREE.
Departure at around 2pm. Direction - anywhere in Belconnen and West Gungahlin via Spence and Macqaurie. Hire will Terminate at Cohen Street Bus Station plt 1 no later than 4pm (unless I'm feeling generous).

Will there's still time, I'm happy to accept more people for the first half, otherwise feel free to come along or snap a couple of passing shots on the day. Please still PM me if you do plan to ride at some point.
Last post by Barry Drive - June 04, 2021, 02:19:46 PM
One or more of the following reasons:

1. It was an election commitment.

2. Leasing electric buses allows them to evaluate their performance and support (spare parts) without committing to a large purchase order. Although this will only be beneficial if there is sufficient time to make an evaluation before signing a purchase contract.

3. The delayed construction of Woden Depot has necessitated a temporary recharge depot - which will be leased by TC rather than purpose built. So until such a facility exists (and/or Woden Depot is built), they are not able to buy buses without knowing if they'll be able to store them.
Last post by Bus 400 - June 04, 2021, 10:59:17 AM
I'm curious as to why the Government chose to lease 34 buses, rather than just release a tender for 120+ buses? 

Either way in 2022, the electric fleet will be hitting road.
Pages1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10