Drivers who got their licences from a cereal packet.

Started by belcodriver, December 30, 2008, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Saw the spray paint marks & car fluid that was just east of the intersection. As at the time of impact Belo Way car would of been doig 80k's+ attempting to race the lights but failed miserably.

Bus 400

The crash at the top of Clyde Mountain this morning is a pure example of someone who picked up there licences from a Corn Flakes Box. The crash was someone who attempted to overtake someone on a blind corner in low cloud at the top of Clyde Mountain. This meant that the driver in the wrong almost ended up over the cliff as did the car they hit.

This story can be found at http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25155964-5001021,00.html **WARNING-SOME IMAGES MAY AFFECT SOME PEOPLE**

Ed

QuoteThis meant that the driver in the wrong almost ended up over the cliff

It'll be far better if that driver did go over the cliff. One less dumb driver from the human gene pool.

Buzz Killington

not once but twice today i was sitting in heavy traffic in the right lane, with cars in front of me and to to the left, and have had some tosser driving about 10cm behind me, as if i can magically part the lanes ahead of me to create room for them to drive.

the second occasion, the moron even had the nerve to put her high beams on. Doesn't really work when its daylight, douchebag.

Bus 400

In those cases I take my foot off the accelerator to slowly slow down.

I even had a case when I was on Woodock Dr & I had this driver behind me swerving within his lane, so I copied him.

Buzz Killington

i slowed down allright, just not slowly. then i boxed her in.

Bus 400

I had one yesterday. My 80 was pulling out of the Convention Centre stop on Constitution Avenue & there was a car turning right into Convention Centre carpark. So this VW Golf driver squeezes in between the bus & car & just misses being spun by bus. Then at the next lights, the bus is in the right lane to turn onto London Circuit & the VW driver in the left lane now. But he wanted to move into the right lane to turn right. But he indicated just as the bus approached him & the driver didn't let him in of course.

My other one was today when I had this old lady sit in the right hand lane of Adelaide Avenue/Yarra Glen/Melrose Drive on 75k's only to turn left at Hindmarsh Drive.

Snorzac

There's some tools drag raing down my street. I think little of them

Bus 400

There was one I saw today that had a DC number plate (they get away with breaking the law). This one was in the right lane on the west bound Hindmarsh Drive at the Callam Street lights. As the lights went green, they decided that they wanted to go to Phillip Marketplace, so they crossed all 3 lanes to enter via slip lane. I then met them again coming into Woden Plaza when they were in the left lane into the underground parking, waiting for pedestrians to cross, as I moved into the right lane (to turn right) they sped into car-park & just missed some pedestrians. I then saw them in the car-park to the south of the underground car-park. They just missed another car while cutting across the 80% empty car-park.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on April 04, 2009, 02:41:40 AM
Did you get out the front and give them a serve of NSW? Pindick pinky wiggle always tells them how small they really are!

bubzie

Quote from: Sir Pompously on April 05, 2009, 10:33:54 PM
Quote from: Renault PR100.3 on April 04, 2009, 02:41:40 AM
Did you get out the front and give them a serve of NSW? Pindick pinky wighle always tells them how small they really are!
I've actulary done that!! Some tool was tailgating me, then sped past me, i did the pinky, and they gave me another finger... :)

Bus 400

People may of heard of the accident on Taverner Street, Wanniassa/Oxley this afternoon. Well the driver of that car has some how made it across an underpass cutting (on Trinity Christina College side) & smashed into a tree. From what I could see the skid marks where just past the Laurens Street intersection. When I went past the 3 victims had been taken to hospital & the fire brigade were pushing the tree off the car.

When are people going to learn to drive to the conditions.

Busnerd

What are you death?

Or do you have a police scanner...you accident gunzell, your always on the scene!

Bus 400

Calling my call the Grim Reeper is just a coincidence. Driving past Taverner Street accident was only coincidental as I was going from Greenway to Calwell. Others I usually try to make my way out there eventually

Snorzac

lukeo25

Bus 400

Snorzac

Well obviously this was before you got your red cloak

Irisbus Rider

Now let's not turn every single thread into a TP 3000-bashing thread......Just every second one, ha ha.

No, but seriously, if things get too offensive, Admin and Mods will not hesistate to intervene.

Bus 400

Bus 400

This evening I saw a driver driving the wrong way up Brisbane Avenue.

Buzz Killington

had one moron this afternoon sitting under the speed limit (80) in the right lane of Adelaide Avenue. I sat behind them expecting they would move over, as the road rules state that where the road is 80km/h or over you are to keep left unless overtaking.

Well, they didnt take too kindly to me. They sped up when i got in the left lane to go around them, and stayed along side me, then boxed me in so i couldnt get in front of them.

I got in behind them to turn right at the big roundabout, and as they were in the left lane of the roundabout, i indicated to get into the right - they then cut me off so they could sit in front of me on the roundabout!

Bus 400

That is when you blow the horn & call them special names.

Today there was an accident in the slip lane of Ginninderra Drive & Ross Smith Drive SCULLIN. Well the Police were in attendance & the right turn slip lane from Ross Smith Drive onto Ginninderra Drive was blocked by the Police & accident. But there was a car that was intent on turning right on Ginninderra Drive. I drove off up Kippax, but when I returned 10-15 minutes later everything was clear.

Irisbus Rider

After driving through the country, I'd have to say, they have the worst drivers. 60km/h in a 110km/h zone is not acceptable lol.
They were soon trashed!

Bus 400

Over the last few days were do I start......

On Wednesday & Thursday morning, there were cars (with interstate number plates) who were in the northbound Adelaide Avenue bus lane/T2 doing 70-75k's. The bus overtook them & on Thursday this interstate twat started abusing him, but the bus driver took the action that a certain percentage of "experienced" bus drivers would do

Again on Wednesday as we are coming in on a 315 south, a Black Station Wagon with QLD number plates cuts the bus off as it heads into the bus only section of the Woden Interchange entrance road. The bus driver "alerts" the car as to what he has done, but the car driver slams on the brakes (still in front of the bus) & abuses the bus driver.

On Thursday our bus is again on a 315 south & as he is exiting Cohen Street Bus Station, he indicates to merge to the right & is waiting for the car next to him to go past. Well the driver of that car starts abusing the bus driver (we think, she thinks the bus is going to cut her off, but he isn't)

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 28, 2009, 10:38:14 PM
Again on Wednesday as we are coming in on a 315 south, a Black Station Wagon with QLD number plates cuts the bus off as it heads into the bus only section of the Woden Interchange entrance road. The bus driver "alerts" the car as to what he has done, but the car driver slams on the brakes (still in front of the bus) & abuses the bus driver.
Thats when you don't stop, run up the back of them, and let the car driver find out that they're in the wrong.

Busnerd

If you hit your brakes in front of a bus, you are on camera, at fault and you will be paying for a new bumper for the bus and a new car for yourself :) The front is generally the strongest part of a bus, so don't try your luck

Bus 400

While on the buses quite late at night, I've noticed quite a few cars with either 1 headlight/tailight working or some real so & so's who have no headlight/tailight working. Or those that can't see the white stuff in front of them.

smitho

Quote from: TP 3000 on June 17, 2009, 11:02:37 AM
While on the buses quite late at night, I've noticed quite a few cars with either 1 headlight/tailight working or some real so & so's who have no headlight/tailight working. Or those that can't see the white stuff in front of them.

I'm sure the incidence of drivers not turning their lights on at night is on the increase....There is no excuse for it. In the past it would have been considered a very serious offence and the police would have come down on such drivers with  a tonne of bricks....not any more it seems.

One ACTION driver I know alerted a motorist that her lights were off - her reply? "It's OK - I can see alright without them"!!!!!!!!!!! So much for any sense of social responsibility.  I'm OK Jack - mind your own business.

Bus 400

If I get a chance, I usually give them full beam & the horn. I have told the statistic is for every kilometer you drive, you'll see one car without a headlight on

I've jumped out of the bus & told someone that only had their park lights on (probably gave them a shock).

Buzz Killington

i question the accuracy of that statistic however there is always somebody.

Bus 400

This morning (peak hour) a white Holden Statesman was parked into between stands 6 & 7 in City Interchange dropping off a passenger. However the front of the car was facing Platform 6 & the bonnet was closest to Platform 7. The City Supervisors quickly told him off. He had stopped there as buses were 2 wide on the right side of the road & he was an impatient so & so. I was told that as punishment his female friend couldn't catch the bus that she wanted & had to wait for the next bus.

Busnerd

Why are people so dumb?

How can you miss all the signs that say NO ENTRY BUSES EXCEPTED, if you are not a bus, DO NOT enter, you should hand in your licence for being so stupid.

If they continue to do this then call the police and let them know, they would also be on CCTV so they are pretty dumb.

Bus 400

What about the fact that when a bus parks in the exact same spot Platform 7 is to the front of the bus & Platform 6 is behind them.

Barry Drive

Bus 400

What about the idiot that had broken bail & was caught doing 140k's down Beasley Street FARRER. Then created a 3 car smash at Beasley Street/Athllon Dr TORRENS that had that bit of Beasley Street closed from 14:35 to atleast 19:00.

Also somebody smashed into a light pole at Isabella Dr/Clive Steele Ave ISABELLA PLAINS

Someone also lost control on Athllon Drive/Langdon Ave WANNIASSA. Don't know what happened but a car parked on the southbound side has its front right damaged & a right rear has been hit.

Please refrain from referring to drivers in these accidents as 'idiots' unless you know all the facts. I'll let the Beasley one slide because well, 140 in a 60..

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 21, 2009, 05:38:16 PM
had one moron this afternoon sitting under the speed limit (80) in the right lane of Adelaide Avenue. I sat behind them expecting they would move over, as the road rules state that where the road is 80km/h or over you are to keep left unless overtaking.
Sorry about taking so long to bring this up, but they don't say that. From the ACT Road Rules handbook, page 74 (http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/64480/Part_D1_-_Road_Craft_2009.pdf) :

Keeping to the left on a multi-lane road
This rule applies on a multi-lane road where:
• the speed-limit is over 80 km/h; or
• a keep left unless overtaking sign applies.
(emphasis added)

Bus 400

Well lets see
This morning someone was taking rubbish to the tip & were turning right from Erindale Drive onto Long Gully Road, when at the set of lights went straight ahead into the light pole.

Then this evening on Gozzard Street, Gungahlin. A P Plater in a hotted up car went on the wrong side of the road near the McDondalds/KFC intersection. It appears as if they've hit the car they were trying to overtake as the other car turned right (in front of them). Just so everyone knows, Gozzard Street is one lane each way.

Irisbus Rider

2 P platers were involven in a 3 car pile up on Northbourne today.

Oh, and there was some other idiot P plater who drove from Belconnen to just before his street with just his parkers on..........oh, wait, that was me, Canbera's definately too well lit.

Buzz Killington

Doesn't your head stick out the sunroof anyways? You don't need lights!

Irisbus Rider

Provided there is a sunroof, yes. Unfortunately the 1997 Toyota Camry CSX didn't come with a sunroof as an optional extra.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

Well today I witnessed some impatient twats or either didn't see or didn't want to wait for the lights to do their round & went through the intersection of Athllon Drive & Drakeford Drive with the 4WD Ambulance Vechile waited at the lights with its flashing lights & sirens. People did eventually get the message & waited. I also abused the twats that didn't wait with a few hand gestures. They would of got more if I had stopped at the lights next to the ambulance.

I also had an old bidy sit on 60k's in the far right lane of Hindmarsh Drive from Melrose Drive all the way to Cooleman Court.

Snorzac

When on 361 today on the 319 just near Calvary Hospital on Belconnen Way some stupid lady in a falcon pulled in front of the bus to get in the lane to turn narrowly missing the bus only because the driver of the bus noticed and ran up onto the median strip a tad. The car driver just seemed unaware of the huge green bus!!

The loud horn on 361 was used

smitho

Quote from: Mini Mat on July 17, 2009, 12:50:03 AM
When on 361 today on the 319 just near Calvary Hospital on Belconnen Way some stupid lady in a falcon pulled in front of the bus to get in the lane to turn narrowly missing the bus only because the driver of the bus noticed and ran up onto the median strip a tad. The car driver just seemed unaware of the huge green bus!!

The loud horn on 361 was used
I come across motorists like this lady a lot. It's almost as if they think that if they don't register that a bus is on collision course with them, it won't hit them. Unreal.

Busnerd

Well if you can't stop, you can't stop...now that would be such a shame to total the idiots car.

It's not like you care, it's not your bus. They learn the lesson and they will be forced to catch the bus until their car is repaired.

Bus 400

I've also been told with accidents is that bus drivers will always drive home in their car, while the other motorists won't always.

Now today where do I start. All this occured on Northbourne Avenue between the intersection of Barry Drive & Macarthur Avenue & were all NSW Plated cars.

Firstly a car was sitting on Cooyong Street & waiting in the left hand lane. Well they decided they wanted to turn right onto Northbourne Avenue & moved right across as the light turns red & block where pedestrians walk & part of the left lane of Northbourne Avenue. They went off when the lights go green. Further up a Ford Falcon stops in the bike lane/left lane of Northbourne Avenue & picks up a passenger waiting at the bus stop. They then shove their way through cars blowing horns & passing them. Then just before the Macarthur Ave lights some little incident occurs & they block traffic. Eventually all cars do drive off after jumping for 15 seconds, the Ford Falcon that was mentioned before pulls up behind one of the cars that pulls up after lights.

The sad thing is that I wasn't bothered recording the bus going down Northbourne Ave tonight

Sir Pompously

Well, I have had an eventful day.

1. Avis Rental van tailgating me (All I could see was his Tiyota Badge) with employee driving. Tapped my brakes to warn him to back off (If I had to stop suddenly I would have had one large van in my boot). He then had the nerve to abuse me, so I flipped out my rudie at him as he drove to Avis

2. Near the Caltex on Tyson Dr, it is one way between the Caltex and new entry/exit overpass. Two vehicles (Both with NSW plates, need I say more?) were travelling the wrong way down the one way street (Neither were together, however each was almost at the same time). The First was a Tiyota Camry, who I held down my horn and stood my ground in the left lane (He flipped out his middle and I just held down the horn, moved to my left as I was not moving from the left hand lane). The other was again a Tioyta, Which I wound down my window, explained it was one way to be told 'We Know' and 'Move your car so we can get through'. I replied with 'Well you f**king shouldn't be driving if you are that blind'. I mean, what stupid people knowingly go down a one way road, and continue down it as cars are coming in the opposing direction?

The answer, Drivers who got their licences from a cereal packet.