Drivers who got their licences from a cereal packet.

Started by belcodriver, December 30, 2008, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sir Pompously on August 15, 2009, 03:50:20 PM
I mean, what stupid people knowingly go down a one way road, and continue down it as cars are coming in the opposing direction?
The answer: Toyota drivers!

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Martin on August 16, 2009, 01:31:54 PM
The answer: Toyota drivers!
I'll try to avoid letting that comment get to me :P

Yes, even I'll admit that Toyota gets it's name tarnished quite a bit, due to some shocking drivers out there.

Bus 400

I think this goes here.

This morning a Queensland plated Toyota 4WD parked on Platform 1 & was about to dash into Dick Smith. However the Supervisor ran over & the driver had an argument over parking on a bus platform.

Busnerd

I saw a good display last night.

At strathfield there is a one way road around in a loop. When you come in you can go on the left or on the right, they have a bus bay style setup on both sides, cars can drive on either side and both roads go the same way. We had the left lane closed because of rail buses, but the right was open.

A car came in and was directed to use the right lane, they sped up to the barrier, turned right, then reversed back and drove off in the middle of the one way road, which at this point is 4 lanes, they just sort of drove in lane 3, swerving at the oncoming cars honking at them, they then made another illegal left turn despite several NO ENTRY signs.

Irisbus Rider

Bus 400

-I was up at Cameron Ave Bus Station last night & there were quite a few cars leaving the club without any headlights on

-On Athllon Drive (southbound) last night I was in a bus going up the hill out of Woden Valley & the bus caught up to a car, this car was doing about 60k's moved to the right lane, braked & waited for my bus & another bus to go by & moved back in behind them.

Sir Pompously

Was going back to work after forgetting my ASIC yesterday and was approaching a Form One Lane on Isabella Drive. A car comes out of the Roundabout as I am forming one lane, with indication to the right. I did a head check only to notice a car fly up my side and onto the other side of the road to get around me. He promptly got the wanker hand movement.

Bus 400

I may of found the Cereal packet that some get their license from:

This week I was driving up Barry Drive/Belconnen Way & the whole way I saw this Learn To Drive School car weaving in & out of traffic & breaking a varying style of roads rules. Caught up to the car at Eastern Valley lights & it was just some guy in his late 20's on his own (luckily).

Witnessed about 3/4 other similar incidents this week & I don't know if it was a coincidence but they were all north of the lake.

Buzz Killington

lunchtime, bunda street, wednesday.

P-Plate subaru with David Guetta/Akon's chartbuster 'Sexy Bitch' blasting so loud the povvo speakers were vibrating, with some fat chick leaning out the passenger window singing the song at the top of her lungs, to the bemusement of the masses of public servants out to lunch.

Bus 400

An intersting story on the Sydney edition of 7 News tonight, for the breakfast on the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the bridge was closed last night for the grass to be layed down. A driver ignore the road block & drove over the grass while workmen were still installing the grass. Police followed closely after & reportedly grabbed the man & his dog.

CNG

I currently learning how to drive and you would probally think I got my licence from a cereal packet. I've had some near misses and quite scary experiences, so watch out! :bonk:

Buzz Killington

Well done to the two cars that chose to ignore the "LEFT LANE MUST TURN LEFT" sign at the intersection of Eastern Valley Way and College Street, drive straight ahead, and nearly cause a multi-vehicle collision by then attempting to cut into the right lane (as the left lane was closed)

Buzz Killington

I'm sure southsiders are well aware of the lights at the corner of Callam and Corinna Streets in Woden, and when you turn right from Corinna, there are two right turn lanes controlled by lights. Generally those who want to turn left at Hindmarsh will utilise the left right-turn lane, while those wanting to turn right at Hindmarsh take the right lane. Those wanting to continue onto Athllon will take either.

I was in the right lane, and intended to continue onto Athllon. Thankfully I turned the corner rather slowly and was paying attention, because some old bitty in the left lane decided halfway through the turn to drift over into my lane without any notice.

A good blast of the horn didn't even register with her.

And the kicker? She was going straight ahead into Athllon anyway.

Bus 400

Incident 1-Belconnen Builder
As I was coming into Belconnen along Aikman Drive, I & a car behind me stopped at the Lake Ginninderra College pedestrian crossing to let someone walk across. 10-20 seconds later some guy in a builders truck & trailer slams on his brakes behind us & ends up moving towards the verge. All I heard was the truck sliding & the horn being blown at the car behind me for stopping.

Story 2-Mid Life Crisis Woman
This evening my brother was coming back from Skyfire along Constitution Avenue, when a silly old woman in a Ford Falcon rear ended him. He pulls over & inspects & she tells him she'll follow him to a safer place to park. He finds a space & spots her accelerating & then heavy braking a few times at another car up ahead. The funny thing was that this all happened a few minutes before I went through there & he also arrived at Woden Police Station as I was driving on the other side of Woden (he couldn't be bothered going to City Police Station as of traffic). Apparently she sounded like she had a few screws loose.

belcodriver

Heading into Woden as you turn left off Melrose Dr into Launceston St, you get your own lane, ie car turning left DO NOT have to give way. However lots of idiots stop and wait because they want to take the first right at the Tradies and need to cross two lanes to do so. I of course apply maximum bus horn until they move which usually means they have to take the second right which always makes me laugh. The courteous thing to do would be to go straight through the lights and then take the first left.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: belcodriver on March 21, 2010, 08:48:02 AM
The courteous thing to do would be to go straight through the lights and then take the first left.

Now belcodriver, you know that makes perfect sense, which Canberra drivers lack.

belcodriver

None of this shit surprises me anymore, it's still pretty annoying though.

Bus 400

One this afternoon was, at the southern exit to Woden Interchange a car stops at the stop line on Bradley Street & gets a green light & goes. However before they exit the intersection the lights go amber, so the car stops. Only thing is that it is right where buses go through when heading towards Platform 8-10, luckily only one bus went through that intersection & made it past the car.

Bus 400

This is someone's great parking at The Marketplace, Gungahlin:

Snorzac

Nice work....

Someone has managed to get their car on its roof down an bank at the corner of Chewing Street, looks like someone has hit a light pole while driving past as well...

But seriously if you want to see bad driving go to the Maccas Belconnen drive through

Bus 400

Another one was a motorcycle went the wrong way around Woden Interchange on the Platform 14 side.

Buzz Killington

Somebody has driven up onto the island at the Westfield Woden supermarket carpark, straight into a bollard, after the boomgate..

Also, one last week. I was sitting at the lights at Northbourne/London, heading north on Northbourne, and a guy turning right into Northbourne (southbound) from London decided to turn into the northbound lanes, instead of going through the centre and turning into the southbound lanes. He was then put directly into the path of a taxi, and had to pull a u-turn across three lanes to get back in the right direction.. except he didn't turn hard enough and ended up op on the gutter outside the law courts carpark..

Ed

Go to the bus layover on Gribble St, Gungahlin (The one behind the Raiders Club) every Friday night around about 6:30. I've had a quite a few "run ins" with dumbfucks that think it is their right to park in there.

Snorzac

:TODDLOL:

That was pretty funny that night you drove 396

Bus 400

This evening I'm travelling through the Kings Ave/Parkes Way roundabout, when I encounter a car parked across my lane in the roundabout. I due the usual horn & high beam & with traffic flying to my right I can't change lanes.

After 30 seconds I get run up the back of, the so & so who blocked my lane drives off & my car is seriously damaged with possible chassis damage. Which is lucky to the car blocking me as they would of been t-boned & possibly killed by the 4WD that hit me.

Buzz Killington

The car was parked across your lane?

The main thing is that you weren't injured. Although I wonder just how fast the 4WD (in what is a roadwork zone) was going if your car suffered major damage.

Irisbus Rider

I hope no injuries were sustained in this traffic collision. I trust the proper authories have been informed.

Just shows everytime you get in a car, you are putting your life in the hands of the thousands of other motorists that share the road with you.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 05, 2010, 05:32:50 PM
The car was parked across your lane?

The main thing is that you weren't injured. Although I wonder just how fast the 4WD (in what is a roadwork zone) was going if your car suffered major damage.

The line the Hyundai was waiting on was the lane marker for the second lane. The 4WD must of going at a fair speed, the thing is that this lane has been changed from a bus/left turn only lane to anyone. So imagine if an artic had come flying along & not been able to stop in time in the wet?

We suspect the damage on the car may be more then what the car is worth, so when I leave tomorrow morning to limp it to Mitchell for an insurance quote.The car won't be coming back & might be stored at my work. But if the car is scrapped, I hope the ACT Fire Briagde buy it & use it for training (with Bus 703).

smitho

Below is a recent sarcastic posting on RiotACT called 'Driving in Canberra': Writer provides a good summary of most of the common bad driving habits but omits to mention two of my pet hates, namely
(1) makes sure you rob buses and other heavy vehicles of their 'safety cushion' by merging into it at every opportunity, particularly when approaching traffic lights,
and (2) relieve driving boredom by playing with your mobile phone, Ipod etc especially while waiting at traffic lights, even if your delayed response to a green light causes other vehicles to be delayed and to miss the green cycle.
————————————-
RIOTACT Posting:-
- Using your indicator might give away your intentions to the enemy (i.e. other drivers) and should therefore only be used for calculated disinformation. If you must use your indicators, do not indicate until you are at least halfway through changing lanes/turning. [Bonus points for cutting someone off and indicating after the fact].

- Never drive in the lane that has the exit you intend you use (this is usually the slowest lane, and often involves a queue). Drive in the fastest lane and cut in at the last moment. [Bonus points for doing this on a regular basis and also referring disparagingly to refugees as 'queue jumpers'].

- Drive as close as possible to the car in front of you. This not only prevents other drivers changing lanes, but also makes the car in front of you go faster. [Bonus points: In the event of an accident, insist that you are completely blameless and that fault lies with the driver of the car in front of you for "braking too quickly"].

- The speed limit throughout the ACT is actually the posted speed limit plus another 20 kph. This limit is to be considered a minimum speed limit, and any driver failing to maintain this speed is morally equivalent to a child rapist who drowns puppies while writing songs for Lady Gaga. [Bonus points for dangerously overtaking drivers who have the temerity to drive at the posted sign limit while making furious gesticulations and screaming injunctions to "keep left"]

- In rainy/wet conditions, drive faster. This will get you home quicker, which means that you'll spend less time on the roads. Spending less time on the road means there is significantly less time for an accident to occur.

- Construction site speed limits are for chumps.

- Never let anyone pass you, ever.

Bus 400

Just now had a bloody Toyota driver not wanting to give way to the big truck I'm in on Gundaroo Drive &sat right next to truck on a single lane road while on coming traffic just misses him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus 400

If water craft drivers count I can add a few from today. As a part of the return of yachtslady Jessica Watson every Joe blow who owned a boat was on the harbour. Once or twice the Manly ferry came to a stop with the horn being blasted twice that due to people sailing in front or too close to the ferry. With small boats cutting across the ferry as we approached Circular Quay.

Plus quite a few drivers cutting off buses/not giving way to buses/parking in bus stops & lanes.

Bus 400

Well where do I start for today... Going along Gungahlin Drive past Palmerston, in an 8 tonne truck. I had one little old lady in a Ford Focus thing cut in front of the truck. Then at the Gundaroo Dr lights, had an international person in a Toyota Camry in the right turn lane cut in front of me again. I do wonder about the mentality of those who think they are better off versing a big vechile, be that a bus or truck.

It was also reported to ne that another international person drove the wrong way down a Canberra expressway this afternoon, with everyone flashing lights & blowing horns. If I was there I would of forced the culprit into a ditch, just to stop me.

Bus 400

Going down the Clyde on Friday afternoon, had 3-4 cars overtake me in a Tarago + trailer on double line sections.

Then coming home this afternoon spotted a van that had 1 wheel a metre up the road & the van on its side in a ditch being pulled out by a tow truck. It was on a sweeping bend in the rain.

Buzz Killington

Looked as though somebody lost it going through the roundabout at Sulwood/Athllon - a car was being towed out from the Athllon Median this morning.

Bus 400

Just remembered another weird one, at the roundabout of Canberra Avenue/Wentworth Avenue & Jerrabomerra Avenue a DC car had just missed another car on the roundabout. Only thing was this other car had entered the roundabout from the median strip & no car had damage, but both drivers were talking.

When I went back past the roundabout 20 or so minutes later both cars had gone.

Buzz Killington

I was following a DC car on Yamba Drive the other day which didn't know which lane they wanted to be in, so hedged their bets and drove right in the middle of the two.

Bus 400

This evening a Toyota driver was driving through Monash without any lights on. The Police even flashed them, but they weren't in a position to pull them up.

p_stampy

was it a white 01 camry? my parents sold theirs last year, and i spotto'd it a few months ago going up barry drive in the dark with no lights on.

Bus 400

Quote from: p_stampy on June 01, 2010, 06:23:55 AM
was it a white 01 camry? my parents sold theirs last year, and i spotto'd it a few months ago going up barry drive in the dark with no lights on.

Nah it was a black Corolla, at least you can see a white car on a well lit road.

Bus 400

Heading south on Barry Drive this afternoon & going past the busway road works everyone was doing the 40k speed limit ( :o  I know). This was because the Police car that is all white with just the light bar was at the front of the queue. Then just after the Clunes Ross Street lights most cars returned to the 60k speed limit. All, except for the car that was next to the Police car who did what nobody (normally) does & overtakes the Police car.

So of course he was nabbed pretty quickly.

Irisbus Rider

I had an infuriating few seconds of driving on my way home earlier;
At approximately 11:55am, I was travelling in the left lane, westbound down Ginninderra Drive, between Kingsford Smith Dr and Tillyard Dr, travelling at approx 80-85km/h. To my right, a tipper truck carrying dirt, driven by a young fella trundles past me in the right lane a few km/h faster than myself. When he is barely 1m infront of my vehicle in the right lane, he abruptly merges into the lane I was travelling in, with a single flash of the indicator (which was only activated when he was already in my lane).
That's not the worst of it, as soon as he merged into the lane I was in, my vehicle, with barely a few metres to spare between myself and the tipper truck, begins to get pelted with small missiles, in the form of dirt, and small rocks, as he was carrying a load of dirt in his tipper, which was not covered.
His combined actions caused me to slow dramatically, which posed a hazard to vehicles travelling behind me.

I'm usually understanding of drivers who lack a certain ability, but this driver was just a fair dinkum wanker, the typical young and aggresive driver, with little no no knowledge of how to handle a heavy vehicle, and a complete disregard for all other vehicles on the road. His display of reckless driving (and the uncovered load) deserves to be reported (I just don't know where to report him to! If anyone knows, drop me a line).

And, just to make it clear, myself and the other driver were not involved in a previous altercation on the road, which may justify his actions towards me (even still, that type of behaviour is not appropriate).

Simply put, he is just an unsafe, and erratic driver who poses a risk to not only himself, but others on the road.

p_stampy

Maybe he was stealing some dirt and had never driven a truck before?

That suck's though.... it's annoying when things like that happen to you, esp when you're having a good day or whatever. That's why I like catching the bus, I don't have to worry so much about those kind of things.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on June 15, 2010, 12:41:07 PM
I had an infuriating few seconds of driving on my way home earlier;
At approximately 11:55am, I was travelling in the left lane, westbound down Ginninderra Drive, between Kingsford Smith Dr and Tillyard Dr, travelling at approx 80-85km/h. To my right, a tipper truck carrying dirt, driven by a young fella trundles past me in the right lane a few km/h faster than myself. When he is barely 1m infront of my vehicle in the right lane, he abruptly merges into the lane I was travelling in, with a single flash of the indicator (which was only activated when he was already in my lane).
That's not the worst of it, as soon as he merged into the lane I was in, my vehicle, with barely a few metres to spare between myself and the tipper truck, begins to get pelted with small missiles, in the form of dirt, and small rocks, as he was carrying a load of dirt in his tipper, which was not covered.
His combined actions caused me to slow dramatically, which posed a hazard to vehicles travelling behind me.

I'm usually understanding of drivers who lack a certain ability, but this driver was just a fair dinkum wanker, the typical young and aggresive driver, with little no no knowledge of how to handle a heavy vehicle, and a complete disregard for all other vehicles on the road. His display of reckless driving (and the uncovered load) deserves to be reported (I just don't know where to report him to! If anyone knows, drop me a line).

And, just to make it clear, myself and the other driver were not involved in a previous altercation on the road, which may justify his actions towards me (even still, that type of behaviour is not appropriate).

Simply put, he is just an unsafe, and erratic driver who poses a risk to not only himself, but others on the road.

Call Roads ACT and make a complaint about his load being unsecured.

Bus 400

On my "fun" day at the snow on Wednesday, spotted 1 car attempting to travel in the snow without chains, a few that turned around & got stuck.

But on the way home this afternoon, had a car that would speed up whenever my coach could overtake & would slow right down when he couldn't. The car was high beamed a few times & it all ended when the car traveled in the " break down" lane to let a ute pass & then slowed down in front on the coach. So the coach driver horned him & ended up overtaking on a normal stretch of road, with the back end of the coach very close to the front of the car. As we passed the car "(boofheads) were laughing their head off. Petty I wasn't in the front seat of the coach or they would of been abused by mewah a bit.

Further down an Audi overtook a line of cars & just missed having a head on with a car & a 4WD was overtaking a car & almost had a head on with our coach.

Bus 400

I feel the picture says more:

For those who are lost on the location, you are looking into City Bus Station.

The Love Guru