General Transport Discussion (January/February 08)

Started by CanberraTransport, January 01, 2008, 05:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanberraTransport

For miscellaneous topics.

Buzz Killington

Reported by Todd and Mat but not posted, 992 is now in corporate livery... on the front.

seewhatididthere?

Irisbus Rider

Buzz Killington

Ballumbir St in the city has been renamed to Cooyong Street. This was decided aaaages ago, but they've replaced all the signs in the last week.

Sir Pompously

BUS-331 decided to break down in the middle of the interchange at Woden. It was stuck on an angle trying to get into the Intertown Platform, buses eventually got around it. Traffic was horrible aswell on Adelaide Ave, and Commonwealth Ave along with all other roads leading to Parliament House.

Buzz Killington

the folks mentioned that they were driving along yamba drive today, and could see a LOT of white smoke further up the road an assumed it was a fire. Turned out it was a bus (im guessing a renault) that was pouring white smoke out of the exhaust pipe.

lukeo25

Quote from: Ryan on February 13, 2008, 05:50:33 PM
the folks mentioned that they were driving along yamba drive today, and could see a LOT of white smoke further up the road an assumed it was a fire. Turned out it was a bus (im guessing a renault) that was pouring white smoke out of the exhaust pipe.
I saw that bus in woden & boy did it have smoke coming it's exhaust

Irisbus Rider

What type of bus was it?

That has happened before with a Scania.

Sir Pompously

The DBL Airliner Piecart (Mercedes Benz) was out an about today on Airliner services, its been a long time since I have seen it on the Airliner as normally it is patronised by good old P&D Coachwork Volvos, or the P&D Lowfloors.

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: Todd Milton on February 14, 2008, 08:38:34 PM
The DBL Airliner Piecart (Mercedes Benz) was out an about today on Airliner services, its been a long time since I have seen it on the Airliner as normally it is patronised by good old P&D Coachwork Volvos, or the P&D Lowfloors.

They have Merc Shuttle son Airport Runs   ???

Sir Pompously

I am sure it is a merc, and yes as that was the original Airliner bus. I always thought it got sold off.

Trolleybusracer

>:( i dont want to get out of the terminal Pulling around my insanely heavy backpack to find some stupid Poxbox waitng to take to the city for what is it $9?

Sir Pompously

Well it does not get used much anymore, it is the coaches and the lowfloors which get used. And sometimes the Airliner 0305 on the A2. When you think about it, the Coaches are not that user friendly as very few have underfloor storage, so you would have to carry your bag up the steps anyway.

Busnerd

the coaches they use have space for luggage under the bus, the low floor ones dont have steps until half way up the bus.

Sir Pompously

From memory not all of the coaches do, I know the painted one does but I have been on one or two which do not have underfloor storage.

Busnerd

if its the same body and chassis then it would, whether or not they use it is different.

O305

Quote from: Trolleybusracer on February 14, 2008, 09:34:45 PM
>:( i dont want to get out of the terminal Pulling around my insanely heavy backpack to find some stupid Poxbox
Hey, TransAdelaide's 3000/3100 railcars (poxboxes) have never run in Canberra! ;)

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: O305 on February 18, 2008, 01:45:32 AM
Quote from: Trolleybusracer on February 14, 2008, 09:34:45 PM
>:( i dont want to get out of the terminal Pulling around my insanely heavy backpack to find some stupid Poxbox
Hey, TransAdelaide's 3000/3100 railcars (poxboxes) have never run in Canberra! ;)

Be better than the Xploders! i meant Pie cart

Sir Pompously

Ha, 3000/3100 better than the Xplorer? Dream on! 

And the Pie Cart, as reported to me by Busnerd who is back in Canberra and not liking it at all, was on A2 this morning and was running on an unknown route this afternoon from the Airport. It needs a wash. I also need to get a photo of it, fingers crossed it is running on Friday afternoon.

joshula

a Bus is Brokeing down on the Coppins Crossing Bridge
during the  today Morning Peak hour period.

i think was bus heading south on that road

CanberraTransport

As Simon mentioned, a bus broke down southbound on the Coppins Crossing Bridge - came through at about 8.30am (peak time).

joshula

Quote from: CanberraTransport on February 21, 2008, 04:21:57 PM
As Simon mentioned, a bus broke down southbound on the Coppins Crossing Bridge - came through at about 8.30am (peak time).

Not 8.30am. might be early around 7.15am or 7.30am.
Coppins Crossing Bridge  was clear around 8.30am

Busnerd

Why would a bus be down there? It would barely fit over the bridge, if it did it would be too wide for anything to pass it, so i doubt its an action bus.

Buzz Killington

Jack Bauer

Two things:
- Caught my first ACTION bus in a while today, 720. Love that artic sound!!
- Some driver oviously doesn't check his desto (he was in a 2 mkII) - he had 61 Tuggeranong Interchange on a northbound run. Woops!

Buzz Killington

reminds me of the time i had to get on the "13 FRASER" at tuggers interchange.

my car's getting serviced tomorrow so tomorrow will be the first time i've caught a bus since.... my last service probably..

Irisbus Rider

ACTION buses usually utilise Coppins Crossing Road, usually Belconnen buses that just finished their services in Weston Creek. I usually see them in peak hour.

Jack Bauer

I briefly walked past the drivers area last night at the Brumbies and saw a whole heap of drivers that I'm familiar with/or know of (including Fraser) plus a Senior Supervisor who I'm kind of related to - so I was like "man what a job, get paid to drive an artic or something out to the Brumbies then get to watch it then go home again whilst getting PAID"!!!

Busnerd

Yeah,

I saw 983, 368, 714, 716 and 707 doing brumbies shuttles yesterday

Bus 400

Just a quick joke for you all. While here in Perth I have gone for job interviews & been talking to people about ACTION & they all thought/expected that ACTION was the best in Australia. But I put them straight by saying it took me 30-45 minutes & 2 buses to get from my bus stop in Kambah to the City. But I could get to the City in 15 minutes by car.
But in Perth where I live I have a choice of 4-6 bus routes that run every 10-15 minutes.

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider