Can you see the mistake ???

Started by lukeo25, August 22, 2009, 08:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeo25

what is the mistake on this sign  ???

Buzz Killington

Should be Chifley.

It's a shame there's very few painted shelters around.. Does anybody know if they were repainted due to graffiti or was there another reason?

Sir Pompously

Generally repainted due graffiti, as tags and other graffiti went up on the shelters, so they repainted big cream patches over the artwork.

Talking to someone else the other night, I would love to see something like this again. What I would like to see is regions and prizes from TAMS, with the shelters being themed to the person the suburb was named after, or the nearest street's theme. For example a Bunker on Athllon Drive could have a image of a homestead in the valley. However, I am placing that with all the other pipes in my dreams.

lukeo25

chifley primary was changed to melrose primary then that closed, but i don't know when they changed its name ?

Irisbus Rider

smitho

There were heaps of bunkers with murals on about 15 years ago when the program was active (with the support of one of the paint companies).

There are occasional newish bunker murals still around - the two in Cowper St north of All Saints Church are about the best I've seen; the one at Calvary Hospital northbound is pretty good too.