General Discussion 2010

Started by Barry Drive, January 13, 2010, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

967 is a 'driver bus' meaning the driver gets it no matter what shift they do. Other driver buses at Belconnen include: 965, 966, 968 and 979.

Bus 400

I haven't seen this bus & driver for a while, but Bus 969 was with the same driver every morning (another driver that has been at ACTION for yonks. Back then Bus 969 was in an AOA.

CNG

I did not know that drivers could sort of have priority or ownership over a bus, gee if I was a driver at action I would like to have 990 or 963 as a driver bus

Snorzac

ew, 963...

Don't mean to spoil your party but most Belconnen drivers will tell you that 963 is a pile of crap. Most drivers would also tell you 990 is a pile of crap (because it's a .3) but that is wrong.

An interesting fact about 990-995: These buses actually have a 100.2 chassis  and engine.

CNG

CNG

Quote from: Scania K320UB on April 05, 2010, 10:36:14 PM
967 is a 'driver bus' meaning the driver gets it no matter what shift they do. Other driver buses at Belconnen include: 965, 966, 968 and 979.

does that mean the driver can drive the bus on a irisbus, dart or articulated bus allocaated shift, apart from the bus being a standard

Barry Drive

969, 981 and 997 are also allocated driver buses.

Quote from: CNG on April 06, 2010, 07:56:46 AM
does that mean the driver can drive the bus on a irisbus, dart or articulated bus allocated shift, apart from the bus being a standard
Not exactly sure what is being asked, but the answer is no. When selecting their shift, drivers are told that if they select a shift which includes a Dart, Irisbus or Articulated bus then they are required to drive that type of bus. So drivers who want to keep their bus don't select such a shift.

IMO, 967 isn't that good a bus anyway.

Quote from: CNG on April 05, 2010, 06:16:14 PM
Thanks I always see him going past and is he ACTION's longest serving driver
No, he's not.

CNG

Can anyone get a driver bus or is it only the more senior drivers

CNG

" When selecting their shift, drivers are told that if they select a shift which includes a Dart, Irisbus or Articulated bus then they are required to drive that type of bus. So drivers who want to keep their bus don't select such a shift."
However I thought drivers on an irisbus allocated shift could take a bike rack equiped .2 or .3 instead aswell

Barry Drive

We were talking about shift / driver buses. If they pick a shift designated Irisbus, then they cannot have a 'standard' allocated bus.

CNG

But if an irisbus is not available then they have to take a standard equiped bike rack bus, anyway I know this driver aswell and on his holiday shift card he required to pick up a CNG, however he dose not bother because there is not enough time to got to the depot and back.

Barry Drive

Once again, that is not the same as what was previously being discussed: assigned/allocated shift buses. Also, Tuggeranong depot may have a different arrangement than Belconnen depot.

CNG

Also I have seen a driver from belconen depot who drives the 567 to western creek in an Irisbus a few times whenthe shift requires a standard bus

Snorzac

It really depends on what time the driver starts and what the starters/yard dogs tell them to take and what (if any) overtime the driver does before the shift

CNG

Also off topic has any one encounted the hat, she is my favourite driver.

Snorzac

yes... she almost ran me over the other day!!

Buzz Killington

Had a bit of a laugh this afternoon when a Scania rocked up at City West with "161" on the desto. Turned out it was actually the 160. A bunch of people got on anyway, then the driver changed the desto just before leaving. Another ten or so people then ran after the bus when they noticed the changed desto.

CNG

CNG

Quote from: Scania K320UB on April 07, 2010, 07:28:04 PM
Mk I
What run,
Honestly what is the problem with her she is a good and funny driver and she join the forum because she is an interesting crazy bus lady

Snorzac

It was on a a 7/9/10 rurnin off London Cct onto Akuna st. Yes she is a nice person and I don't wish to offend her but she needs to learn to drive!!!

Buzz Killington

You're treading a fine line there guys..

CNG

Snorzac

Quote from: Scania K320UB on April 07, 2010, 07:37:26 PM
It was on a a 7/9/10 rurnin off London Cct onto Akuna st. Yes she is a nice person and I don't wish to offend her but she needs to learn to drive!!!

yeah I know.

Bus 400

I am wondering if anyone knows what the symbol that looks like a house on the Scania's could mean? I ask as whenever Bus 328 parked for too long today that symbol would come up on the dash, but not long after we took off the symbol would disappear.

Bus 400

The Extravaganza at Tidbinbilla is on tomorrow (http://www.tams.act.gov.au/play/community_events/tidbinbilla_extravaganza). I am unsure about this year, but last year I did follow 4 MAN's there so there may be a few different photo locations on offer.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on April 10, 2010, 07:56:28 PM
I am unsure about this year, but last year I did follow 4 MAN's there so there may be a few different photo locations on offer.

This year it was 3 Deanes buses (41,42 & 65) & 1 Transborder (31) providing the shuttles.

Buzz Killington

There's a few .2's getting around with a new right-hand side advert that goes from the bottom of the bus up to the top of the windows. Advertising some sort of alcoholic beverage IIRC.

It's been a while since we've seen that format of ad.

Snorzac

Yeah noticed that the other day, I have seen 898 and 923 with the ad. It is for Boags

Busnerd

Snorzac

I will try to find a bus with an ad next week

Bus 400

Buses 393 & 407 were out on driver training today, 393 was around the Woden area & 407 was spotted heading north on the Parkway

Buzz Killington

I saw 393 in the Tuggeranong 'burbs around 10am.

CNG

I was interested are gas buses still being delivered and if so what brand?

CNG

this is a question in relation to the action bus driver uniform, I have noticed a couple of the drivers wear ties what is with this, are these drivers of senoirity, are they inspectors or do they just wear them?

Snorzac

CNG

I have noticed the gas buses smell funny inside, like rotten fruit and I tend to fell ill on those buses, so if I was a driver I think belco depot would be the best for me.

The Love Guru

Quote from: CNG on April 22, 2010, 08:19:09 AM
I have noticed the gas buses smell funny inside, like rotten fruit and I tend to fell ill on those buses, so if I was a driver I think belco depot would be the best for me.

Thankyou for sharing that with us CNG, i knew there was a reason i got up this morning, i now have a very gratifying feeling of fulfilment.

Sir Pompously

mrlenski

Quote from: CNG on April 06, 2010, 06:47:27 AM
I did not know that drivers could sort of have priority or ownership over a bus, gee if I was a driver at action I would like to have 990 or 963 as a driver bus

gosh. if I had to choose, I'd definitely drive a dennis dart. it's the only bus I know of with barbecue-like capabilities ;)?

Buzz Killington

I don't hate the darts like some here, but I haven't heard good things from the drivers about them either..

Bus 400

I am wondering if the Top Gear ad on the back of the buses is a recent ad or has it been around for months & I just missed it?

Buzz Killington

I think it's new. There's also another one for WIN advertising "V"

In other news, spotted a Scania heading south on the parkway this morning with a smashed window on the right-hand-side. Couldn't get the fleet number unfortunately.

lukeo25

on a day out today to Young and other towns in that area today i visited the site of the Young railway station which is in good condition due the tourist info office being in the former station building and travelling back to canberra on the Burley Griffin Way (State Road #94) i noticed an ex-Action .2 traveling in opposite direction on a school run in an all white livery (i think traveling to fast to notice)

Busnerd

Probably Fearnes or something, theres quite a few out there now in all white

CNG

Fearnes no longer exsits, it got taken over by busabout and is now called busabout wagga. There also are a couple of white ex action .2's

Bus 400

Does anyone know what these panels are for at Tuggeranong Interchange?

lukeo25

i think they are for the interchange lighting, i had a look inside one when they where unlocked one day and there was a switch for i the lights or something else

CNG

I was interested can drivers who do a normal shift i.e the same shift everyday, be a floater or part timer during the holidays or vise versa?