General Discussion 2010

Started by Barry Drive, January 13, 2010, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

To answer your other question, I don't believe 990 or 991 ever lived at Belconnen until they moved there to be converted. Simply because of the fueling issue (unless it was worked into the shifts)

CNG

When irisbus 310 was on evaluation  as 175 did it support a red and white livery because I think I recall seeing it alot in the western creek district around 2002 however my memory is faded

Buzz Killington

I think that was 174.

I don't recall seeing either vehicle in person but I do recall seeing a photo somewhere.

Sir Pompously

The vehicle painted Red and White was Scania L94UB BUS-174 with Volgren body that was in Bell Street Bus Co Livery (Melbourne). Of course, now V800 with Brisbane Transport.

I am not sure of the Irisbus livery, however I remember seeing it near Athllon Drive, and I clearly recall the Irisbus Dolphin badge on the front. What happened to that badge I don't know, but none were re applied on ACTION's vehicles.....

belcodriver

Busnerd

I recall driving along side one of the demonstrators when I was younger... it was all white with a bit of red and had white action logo's on the back window and there was one on the last window on the offside which some stupid girl was sitting in that seat as if it was just another boring bus trip...

Im thinking this may have been the scania with the plastic volgren front...although it could have been an irisbus, I'm not sure

Sir Pompously

If it had red, that would have been 174. I remember it being on a School Bus from Marist to my house, I must say though that after a few months I did not catch school buses home, preferring the public bus option as it was quieter (not jam packed). I saw it go past and was kicking myself for not getting the school bus that one day. I nicknamed it 'The Demon' as the front of it looked evil, having the Scania Omnicity front.

CNG

I believe some of the intertown runs should become non stop between interchanges, only stopping at belconen, civic,woden and tuggeranong. Tuggeranong, woden,civic,belconen. Because I find the interchange takes a very long time as it is just stop, start,stop, start and generally I prefer to go on a less direct route through the suburbs as it takes just the same amount of time.

INTERTOWN LIMITED STOPS 333

Bus 400

Belconnen Depot must of been low of Irisbus/MAN Buses today as Bus 127 was on Redex duty this afternoon.

Snorzac

I know there was a breakdown on the 51 which they covered using a Redex bus. It is possible that they then covered the rest of the Redex shift with 127 which was doing a set of 313s at about 2ish.

Bus 400

Ok, Bus 127 was on a 727N around 17:00 ex Railway, but he did have a paper "Redex 727" desto on the window.

CNG

Do irisbuses run on the redex run?

Snorzac

When they don't have MANs. Belco has two spare ones so it is rare

Bus 400

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but on Bus 403 the next stop display has changed. As the bus doors open at a stop the screen changes to show "THIS STOP" "CITY INTERCHANGE PLATFORM 8" & when the doors are shut, the display goes back to listing th next bus stops & tells you the next stop

If the bus drives past the bus stop without stopping, it takes a longer distance for the next stop information to change.

Snorzac

398 did that when REDEX first started and I noticed yesterday that 393 is now doing it as well.

Buzz Killington

Between 5.30 and 6.10 today I counted four northbound 727's compared to one southbound passing Turner.

Buzz Killington

It was when I was trying to get a f$#@ing southbound one!!

Bus 400

I was told by a Redex driver that it took him 20 minutes to get from Russel to City yesterday & he did get held up a bit at Kings Avenue roundabout.

But even though Redex was 13 minutes late yesterday, the one behind him was also 10 minutes late.

Buzz Killington

The northbound one I took this morning went straight through the roundabout - it was Constitution Ave that was at a crawl.

Bus 400

On that note, an Adhshel bus shelter has been installed at the southbound Barton Interchange stop. Now this replaces the bus shelter that I was told someone drove into. But I don't know if that is true.

Irisbus Rider

Not sure if this is the 'norm', but I saw two Tuggeranong Artics on the Intertown today, one being 700 on a 318, and 718? on another route (which may very well have been a 16*). It's good to see they're putting the extra capacity buses where they're needed!

Snorzac

nah, I dare say they are having gas bus issues again. There has been a lot of issues with a/c units of late.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on March 03, 2010, 09:25:31 PM
718? on another route (which may very well have been a 16*). It's good to see they're putting the extra capacity buses where they're needed!

From my observations, that 160 is generally serviced by a Scania, but it is not unusual for it to get an artic every now and then. I think it's the one that departs City West around 1650-55

Bus 400

In a recent desto update a few more changes have been made with even the 705 desto being altered to just say "Belconnen Xpresso" "via Parkway". This is a bit better then what I remember seing with "Belconnen Bus Stations 705" "XPRESSO 705" "705 via Parkway".

Even the footy specials desto's have been altered with tonights Brumbies specials showing "BRUMBIES 995" "Canberra Stadium 995"

Buzz Killington

One Brumbies Shuttle I saw tonight had "605 CAPITALS SPECIAL' on the desto..

blackdragon

ACTION to get another new (Acting?) General Manager.. Liz Clarke is off take the throne as General Manager of EPIC

Snorzac

So who is the general manager now?

CNG

Quote from: blackdragon on March 09, 2010, 10:21:57 PM
ACTION to get another new (Acting?) General Manager.. Liz Clarke is off take the throne as General Manager of EPIC

good, personally I never liked that women

CNG

I think all the buses at tuggers depot should start having the letter S put back on their wind screens, it good way to identify each bus and it looks good I reckon as well.

The Love Guru

Quote from: CNG on March 10, 2010, 05:42:04 AM
good, personally I never liked that women
Quote from: CNG on March 10, 2010, 07:46:02 AM
I think all the buses at tuggers depot should start having the letter S put back on their wind screens, it good way to identify each bus and it looks good I reckon as well.

I really hope you don't go to a school that teaches grammar. If you do, perhaps pay a little more attention next time.

What is your beef with Liz Clarke? Any reason for not liking her?

CNG

Quote from: Chris_Guru on March 10, 2010, 09:26:58 AM
I really hope you don't go to a school that teaches grammar. If you do, perhaps pay a little more attention next time.

What is your beef with Liz Clarke? Any reason for not liking her?

I did state personally

Buzz Killington

318 and 402 both have Crimestoppers ads on the rear.

835 has a new Bus Advertising ad on the right.

And probably a good chance of a new Canberra Centre AOA on 969 in the next week or two.

lukeo25

here is some information on bus464 from regoact rego check
Plate Number: BUS464
Plate Type: ACTION Bus Plate
Model: K3206X2X4

Bus 400

Driving along Northbourne Avenue tonight, the bus stop of Federal Highway after Phillip Avenue (southbound) is having work done to it & it appears as if an AdShel bus shelter is being installed.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 13, 2010, 03:40:30 PM
318 and 402 both have Crimestoppers ads on the rear.

835 has a new Bus Advertising ad on the right.

And probably a good chance of a new Canberra Centre AOA on 969 in the next week or two.
Got an email from Canberra Centre which has a link to C Magazine, next one is the Autumn season 'Fall in love with fashion' (So that should be 969's next installment). I see where this comes from, seeing as North American's call Autumn 'Fall' (AsI am sure most would be aware....).

Bus 400

Ex Bacchus Marsh ex ACTION Bus 615 has been spotted around Perth has had a rego plate change to start with TC.
This has been talked about on the Perth Observation thread on ATDB for a little bit & the discussion can be found at http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49585

CNG

today I saw a tuggers CNG bus operating from school a belco depot allocated school run, 617 what is with this dose any one know why?

Buzz Killington

Breakdown or driver shortage probably.

Bus 400

It would appear that Transborder (Mitchell Depot) may have a new bus as this morning I spotted an all white bus coming out of Vicars Street this morning. This bus had a similar body to the rest of the buses at the Mitchell Depot, but didn't get a chance to swing by this afternoon.

Going by the fact it was one of the many Transborder buses that leave Mitchell at 06:30 it must of been on one of the bush school runs

Snorzac

One of their Motorcoach buses is now all white with a blue bumper, it has been on a s/r to my school all this week

Bus 400

It appears that the AdShel bus shelter at the Luxton Street end of Lathlain Street has only recently been removed.

Also the bus stop outside the old Embassy Hotel has been moved to just the other side of the Adelaide Avenue slip lane. I would of thought it would have been safer to move the bus stop to the old bus bay on the other side of Adelaide Avenue. The bunker has also been moved to just around the side

CNG

Out of curiosity I was interested in bus 967 because over the last couple of years I have seen the same elederly driver always in it both on weekends, school holidays and normal week shifts what is with this, is it because he has been with action for a long and all but has priority or sort of ownership of that bus

Snorzac

Spencer pretty much owns that bus...

CNG

Is the spencer on the forum?
Thanks I always see him going past and is he actions longest serving driver

Snorzac

The Spencer? It is just Spencer. No he is not a member of the forum

CNG

I was intersested are any AOA buses shift buses?

Snorzac

Irisbus Rider

967 is not necessarily a shift bus, it's just a bus that this particular driver likes to drive, and due to his seniority, the staff respect his wishes, and give him the bus when this is possible.