irisbuses

Started by CNG, January 26, 2010, 07:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNG

I was interested will the irisbuses, ever posibley be bassed out at tuggers depot one day. I think tuggers deserves a go and return some of the gasies to belco. I am sick and tired of .2's always operating around belco, while tuggers always enjoys new buses with air conditioned comfort.

Snorzac

and how do you expect Belco to fill the gassies?? Remember that belco are getting 390-395 and 402-463 and will more than likely receive 396-401 once the Redex trial finishes.

Sir Pompously

As the long king has stated, Belconnen has no facilities to re-fuel a CNG Vehicle. Sending buses to Tuggeranong to re-fuel is impractical. 319 was based out at Tuggeranong for a little while. It was a regular on my 63. What you must also understand is the fleet is shared somewhat. You will find Tuggeranong buses in the far reaches of Belconnen, as you will find a Belconnen bus in the far reaches of Tuggeranong. And seeing that you are getting a bulk of the Diesel MAN's, I see no point in complaining.

CNG

Its time the depot at belco has a CNG pit built at the depot. As both depots should be expected to have the same facilities. Even thoe I favour belconen depot it dose need some improvments.

belcodriver

Quote from: rolfe on January 27, 2010, 07:04:15 AM
Its time the depot at belco has a CNG pit built at the depot. As both depots should be expected to have the same facilities. Even thoe I favour belconen depot it dose need some improvments.

It's not going to happen so dry your eyes princess.

CNG

Quote from: belcodriver on January 27, 2010, 08:41:14 AM
It's not going to happen so dry your eyes princess.

Why not?

Mod edit: Use that tone again and each of your posts will have to be approved before it appears

Snorzac

Okay, calm, deep breaths. Do you know how much CNG fueling facilities cost? They aren't cheap, there is no need for Belco to have gassies, and besides, they don't actually fit in the sheds.

CNG

but don't you believe belconen should have a CNG refulling facillity apart from all costs.

Snorzac

no, why do they need a CNG fueling facility? They are getting 75 new diesel buses, why would they need gas buses as well?

Buzz Killington

Each depot gets its turn. The Scanias were pretty much the first new buses Tuggeranong got since the Darts in the mid 90s

CNG

I was woundering are drives normally prefered or required to drive the air conditioned buses during weekends i.e 
irisbuses, CNG's and the deasil man's

Buzz Killington

I believe Tuggeranong only send out the Scanias and MANs on weekends, whilst Belconnen send out the Irisbuses and the .2's with Bike Racks.

It's more about accessibility (first) and Bike Racks (2nd) than Aircon.

Snorzac

This is the deal with the buses for each depot on weekends:
-All Tuggeranong buses must be CNG buses, they have enough and I dare say this will be the case when Belco get enough deisel MANs
-All Belconnen allocated an Iris or a Dart must take one if available. If not a bike rack reno or in the case of a dart allocation a standard
-All shifts marked 'CNG Bus' should be a bike rack .2

Correct me if I'm wrong

CNG

have there been senerios where drivers from tuggers on weekends have had to drive a standard bus ( pr100.2, pr100.3 or a dart)?

Snorzac

Only when the destos needed to be pre-programmed.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King Long on January 27, 2010, 09:41:34 PM
This is the deal with the buses for each depot on weekends:
-All Tuggeranong buses must be CNG buses, they have enough and I dare say this will be the case when Belco get enough diesel MANs
-All Belconnen allocated an Iris or a Dart must take one if available. If not a bike rack Renault or, in the case of a dart allocation, a standard
-All shifts marked 'CNG Bus' should be a bike rack .2

Correct me if I'm wrong
CNG bus can include a bike rack PR100.3.

Although often when the shift requires a bus change after the meal break the bus doesn't get changed. Which could mean a non bike rack bus on a CNG designated run, or an Irisbus or Dart on a 'standard'.

Quote from: rolfe on January 28, 2010, 01:31:44 PM
have there been scenerios where drivers from tuggers on weekends have had to drive a standard bus ( pr100.2, pr100.3 or a dart)?
Not normally. But if the Tugg shift is being performed out of Belc depot (which sometimes happens), then the bus could be any of the available Belc buses.

CNG

Quote from: Martin on January 28, 2010, 02:20:35 PM
But if the Tugg shift is being performed out of Belc depot (which sometimes happens), then the bus could be any of the available Belc buses.

How can a tugg shift be performed out of belconen depot or vise versor?

Barry Drive

Quote from: rolfe on January 28, 2010, 02:23:52 PM
How can a tugg shift be performed out of belconen depot or vise versor (sic)?
"Vice versa" - learn your latin!

I'm stuck trying to come up with a response to your question - what makes you think that a Tugg shift couldn't be performed out of Belc depot? All you need to do any shift is a bus and a driver (and a Wayfarer module and the shift card) - it matters not which depot they come from.

CNG

Quote from: Martin on January 28, 2010, 02:38:29 PM
"Vice versa" - learn your latin!

I'm stuck trying to come up with a response to your question - what makes you think that a Tugg shift couldn't be performed out of Belc depot? All you need to do any shift is a bus and a driver (and a Wayfarer module and the shift card) - it matters not which depot they come from.

Sorry, I thought if you were a tuggers driver you would opperate out of tuggers and if you were a belco driver you would operate out of belco. It seems kind of crazy being bassed at a depot and having to operate your shift from another depot on the other side of town, hay :)

Buzz Killington

I think you've misunderstood.

If a Tuggeranong Shift is done by Belconnen, then it will be done in a Belconnen bus with a Belconnen driver.

CNG

Finally I understand it is no longer crazy.

Barry Drive

Back to the original topic for a moment - I think that it would be a good idea once Belc depot has enough general service diesel MANs to transfer some/all Irisbuses to Tugg depot. Certainly it will help ease the shortage of low floor buses that they are experiencing at the moment.

CNG

Yes, that should happen, good idea Martin.

CNG

Once all the deasil man's come into service, will belco just operate the irisbuses and the mans and scrap using the standards on weekends, as to current situation were tuggeranong generally only uses gassies on weekends.

Snorzac

Try re-wording your post, the last part suggests that the only time that Tuggies use the gassies is on weekends.

In relation to the question no-one really knows, although the two depots are both run by ACTION they are really like two different companies.

And one last thing, instead of using the same thread for something that is completely unrelated to the original topic please either start a new one or use general discussion. 

Buzz Killington

Yep, as King Long said, please use the General Discussion thread for minor queries.