799 back in service?

Started by 743, April 01, 2011, 07:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was in Dickson yesterday morning and was, apparently, in the right place at the right time:

I'm thinking an absolutely desperate bus shortage must have caused this??

p_stampy

ooh, well there you go!

I guess it's only been "out of service" for less than 2 weeks.

http://www.actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?title=BUS_799

Barry Drive

Remind me: what day is it today?

p_stampy

eh.. if that's the case, that's up there with my boss's attempt at a funny, saying twitter was going from 140 charactors to 65000.

Busnerd

Your one flaw was that 799 has big rear fleet numbers :P

Buzz Killington

It is a bit hard to see the rear fleet numbers in the photo, though. Well played, '743'.

For me the giveaway is the wet ground - wasn't raining yesterday morning.

Fleet number enthusiasts can refer to the attachment on this post...

Well done to those who spotted it  :P The ground was kinda wet in Dickson yesterday morning but certainly not that much. The other giveaway is the desto - I think 799 had/has the kind with the lower case "Interchange"? Didn't realise it had the larger rear fleet number though.

For anyone who's interested, the real photo is of 790 back in December - but I didn't lie about the Dickson part.

Barry Drive

Didn't realise so much work was put into this. Nice work removing the front ACTION logo, but a pity the desto roll was left unchanged.

What gave it away for me was the radio (as seen on the dash). Last time I saw 799 the radio and ticket machines had been pulled out. If it were to be returned to service, there is no way a radio could have been installed since they have no spares. (The radio from 799 is now in 434.)

Snorzac

Incorrect. The radio from 467 is in 434. Apparently 467 shat computer and will be out of service for time.

p_stampy

should have had an "ACTBUS" ad or something haha.

I thought it was wet the other morning too, and stuff like the radio I'd have no idea about anyway.

Busnerd

Also that you photoshopped the blue panel behind the last window which 790 clearly doesn't have :P