A bit of this week's ACTION

Started by 743, December 07, 2011, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've managed to set aside some time for bus photography this week for the first time in ages...and I rather enjoyed it!

462 picks up in the City at the start of a 39.

463 and 460 at Woden with 442 in the background.

Another view of 463, this time in the City. Less than a week into route service life and it's already advertising!

856, all racked up with no bikes to go in Dickson. Worst caption ever?

The 840 series are lessening week by week so I was glad when 847 rocked up in the City.

888 leads 458 in the City.

470 shows off its length on a southbound 313 in the City.

319 departs the City on a short 80.

The big white thing picking up at City Platform 1.

Kramden

Nice shots 743.  Great to see 856 in your selection.  I've just had her on a night shift.  A fine example of why I wish they could round up some of the worse .3s for disposal and leave us with the better of the Mk Is... until they cark it.  856 runs like a charm.

Sir Pompously

Quote856, all racked up with no bikes to go in Dickson. Worst caption ever?
*Sigh*

QuoteThe big white thing picking up at City Platform 1.
"The White Whale"

Nice photos, Mr 743.

smitho

Quote from: Kramden on December 08, 2011, 12:29:50 AM
Nice shots 743.  Great to see 856 in your selection.  I've just had her on a night shift.  A fine example of why I wish they could round up some of the worse .3s for disposal and leave us with the better of the Mk Is... until they cark it.  856 runs like a charm.

Thought I heard a Mark 1 gurgling along Carruthers St last night about the time you were due to go through on the #2.

Well done Kramden...I thought you might turn up in same tonight.

Kramden

Quote from: smitho on December 08, 2011, 10:47:14 PM
Thought I heard a Mark 1 gurgling along Carruthers St last night about the time you were due to go through on the #2.

Tis a truly wonderful sound my friend.  Was it complete with an 'air fart' (pressure release) that the old beasts are renowned for?  I do hope so.

smitho

Quote from: Kramden on December 09, 2011, 12:28:10 AM
Tis a truly wonderful sound my friend.  Was it complete with an 'air fart' (pressure release) that the old beasts are renowned for?  I do hope so.

Yes, indeed.

If only they could make the green buses give out similar atmospheric sounds.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on December 09, 2011, 11:44:35 PM
Yes, indeed.

If only they could make the green buses give out similar atmospheric sounds.

I caught a CNG MAN a few weeks ago (380 or 382 I think) that put out a number of 'air farts' and if not for the sound of an MAN engine, one would likely not been able to tell the difference!

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 10, 2011, 11:48:54 AM
I caught a CNG MAN a few weeks ago (380 or 382 I think) that put out a number of 'air farts' and if not for the sound of an MAN engine, one would likely not been able to tell the difference!

Yeah, come to think of it, the old Scania I had today put out a few as well, but very infrequently...