General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

A topic for general discussion that doesnt really need its own topic.

Any thread of discussion that we feel could generate decent levels of discussion will be split into their own topics by the site staff.

Irisbus Rider

Busnerd

yeah, average road base, too dry, too many bus stops and a school who cant stop expanding.

some more interesting facts, the name COLLEGE has 7 letters in it.

the street type is 'ST' or street...

Bus 400

They also "fixed up" the College Street crossing because people with certain backgrounds thought that a car doing 60-80 had to stop for them. But from what I've seen they don't use those traffic islands anyway & they ruined a perfect possible bus way (City bound traffic).

Irisbus Rider

No, did anyone see that roo hit the bus? Or see the aftermath?

Apparently it hit 358, and actually ended up "in" the bus, literally.

The speed limit is 60 on College St BTW.

Buzz Killington

Busnerd

its available on ATDB as posted by me..

Buzz Killington

spotted a Veolia bus going along Commonwealth Ave this afternoon.. dont see too many of them aound the place..

Irisbus Rider

Buzz Killington

how the hell should i know?

it had a desto with "Veolia Transport" on it, was white all over, may have had an aircon right at the back...

Irisbus Rider

I wouldn't bother, it's just Samuel :P

Aaaaaaand he missed out 854. Criminal!!!!!

Busnerd

isnt he some retard obsessed with AM radio...

no offence john

Irisbus Rider

To put it bluntly, yes, yes he is.

No offence taken, but I can't speak for him.

Buzz Killington

AM radio? what the hell is that?

Oh yeah, the 2000 hit by the rock band "Everclear"...

Sir Pompously

I noticed 358 the other day had new logo stickers over the old logo, and someone had already peeled half of them off revealing the old ACTION logo and new writing.

Oh and John, if you read this, I sent you a PM please enact upon it as I am trying to plan a day to be with you, along with my new camera.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Sir Pompously on June 30, 2008, 06:32:10 PM
I am trying to plan a day to be with you, along with my new camera.

save it for the bath-house, sport

Sir Pompously

Suprisingly, I am watching Scrubs right now.

Buzz Killington

Jack Bauer

Irisbus Rider

Today at 1:30 at the Aboriginal and Torrens Straight Islander Centre on Lady Denham Drive, 990 (info thanks to "Chris_Guru") and 982 showed off their new paint scheme in the official release of the "Aboriginal Art on ACTION Buses" program by John Hargreaves.

I would have attended, but was occupied at the time. Would have been a good opportunity to see the buses.

bubzie

I saw 982 doing an erindale/woden bound 11 at like 2:40ish..so it musnt of stuck around for that long :)

Buzz Killington

the raiders shuttles have changed route numbers.. now 986 (tugg/woden/city)and 987 (belconnen)

Snorzac

BUS-985 which was doing the 987 had a gearbox problem at the game, it took 3 supervisers + the driver and a passenger to get it going

Irisbus Rider

948 now has fleet numbers on the windscreen, as of yesterday. Looks really good.

Buzz Killington

948? Is that the renault with the bike rack?

Snorzac

No. 990 is the renault with the bike rack but i'd say that 948 will have one on soon

Sir Pompously

If it has numbers on the front, it will.

Buzz Killington

dont know how new these are, but i saw two new full-back ads on PR100.3's today - one for Industrie Jeans and the other for Virgin Mobile.

Sir Pompously

Industrie Jeans and Virgin are newbies. First sighted the Industries ones on Saturday.

Irisbus Rider

948 will eventually get a bike rack. As for the jeans ad, I saw that on Wednesday. Haven't seen the Virgin one yet.

Busnerd

photos people! stop being lazy

bubzie

Someone got on my 11 this morning (i believe it was 110?? it began with 1. Couldnt be arsed checking.), with a bike.
And because oh em gee, there was no bike rack, he got on, and carried the bike on with him.

should of he been allowed to do that?? gahh, stupid bogan.
(what made it more i*****d, is, he got on at calwell, got off at theodore. considering it's only a 15 minute WALK at most, couldnt of he just rode? arrgh!)

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, ouch.

Oh, keep on forgetting to mention, apparently there's some big hoo-ha down at Tuggeranong depot, after some driver got caught driving while he was over the limit. He blew .028 and the limit is .02, I think? Anyway, he only got breathtested ater his girlfriend caled ACTION and pleaded with them to take him off the road, as he was unfir to drive. This finally got done late in his shift.

The point is that ACTION failed to act quick enough to get him off the road, and this only happened after his girlfriend told them he was drunk. So, how do ACTION monitor drivers that are unfit to drive? They don't!

It might get more serious......

Buzz Killington

shit, that ain't good. ideally, IMO, drivers need to be breathtested on each shift.

belcodriver

Quote from: bubzie on July 22, 2008, 07:01:08 PM
Someone got on my 11 this morning (i believe it was 110?? it began with 1. Couldnt be arsed checking.), with a bike.
And because oh em gee, there was no bike rack, he got on, and carried the bike on with him.

should of he been allowed to do that?? gahh, stupid bogan.
(what made it more i*****d, is, he got on at calwell, got off at theodore. considering it's only a 15 minute WALK at most, couldnt of he just rode? arrgh!)

No such thing as a 110, 111 I'd imagine.

I've occasionally let people bring bikes inside the bus if there's not many other pax and they ask nicely.

belcodriver

Quote from: Renault Rider on July 22, 2008, 08:15:39 PM
Ha ha, ouch.

Oh, keep on forgetting to mention, apparently there's some big hoo-ha down at Tuggeranong depot, after some driver got caught driving while he was over the limit. He blew .028 and the limit is .02, I think? Anyway, he only got breathtested ater his girlfriend caled ACTION and pleaded with them to take him off the road, as he was unfir to drive. This finally got done late in his shift.

The point is that ACTION failed to act quick enough to get him off the road, and this only happened after his girlfriend told them he was drunk. So, how do ACTION monitor drivers that are unfit to drive? They don't!

That was like 6 months ago. Unless it's happened again. That's Tuggy depot for you.  :)

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Charles Logan on July 22, 2008, 08:42:41 PM
shit, that ain't good. ideally, IMO, drivers need to be breathtested on each shift.

That's probably a bit harsh although it would be a logical solution.. but a bit of an insult to the drivers as well.

Buzz Killington

Yeah, it may seem a bit harsh and even insulting but.. safety first! i may just set up a new topic with a poll on this one..

Quote from: belcodriver on July 22, 2008, 09:56:38 PM
No such thing as a 110, 111 I'd imagine.

i think she meant BUS-110 was the particular vehicle that day.

bubzie

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: belcodriver on July 22, 2008, 09:58:11 PM
Quote from: Renault Rider on July 22, 2008, 08:15:39 PM
Ha ha, ouch.

That was like 6 months ago. Unless it's happened again. That's Tuggy depot for you.  :)
Thats the one, it only surfaced to the media recently. Apparently all the drivers knew about it, and always joked with him about it.

Ha ha, yeah, typical Tuggeranong alright! Good call!

Irisbus Rider

Oh, and in other news, Deanes Buslines have taken over Transborder.

Busnerd

Duh, that news is SO last month

Snorzac

I saw 128 doing a 7 today and it had a bike rack on.

bubzie

i saw that on wednesday, but i forgot to tell ya'll, i thought ya'll would of known by now, yo.

Buzz Killington

translation:

I saw the aforementioned vehicle modification on Wednesday, but regrettably i was unable to inform the enthusiast community due to unforseen circumstances. I was also of the belief that the community would be aware of the information by this stage.

Regards,

Bronwyn Q Lovejoy.

Trolleybusracer

Buzz Killington

i dont know her middle name, take your pick: http://www.aussiethings.com.au/babynames/qgirl.htm

if i had to pick, i'm definitely going with "queanbeyan". suits her i say.

bubzie