General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

961 also has one. It is advertising some form of vitamin supplement or some shit like that

Snorzac

There are some new stickers on some of the buses saying drivers cannot get out to assist with prams etc. and that they must be folded not pushed on. I have not seen one of these in the same place though, are they just giving them to the drivers to slap on, or just putting them in random places? I have seen them on 316,317,318, 373, 758, 100 and 993

Irisbus Rider

Probably Random, like everything else in ACTION is, ha ha.

Have seen them too, they look good, and convey a good mesaage too!

If you get 997 and 998, you will see the old version of these stickers. Very very old actually, probably new with the buses themselves.

Snorzac

Hopefully one of them will come on my school run this week. My bus driver has a passion for buses that go fast and so far he has only picked one bad one, 883 (slow as all shit) fast ones include, 993, 100 and 758.

I would like to go on 997, I haven't being on it since it ran thew Kippax

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, the "drive through medical centre" at Kippax.

It's always good when you get a good bus for your runs.

Snorzac

anyone know why 816 has no ACTION logos?

Busnerd

it hasnt for years. No reason why, who cares.

Irisbus Rider

Either something to do with ORTA, or it's charter history. 816, for many years after the olympics, has a sticker of the old NSW transport logo.

Snorzac

Just a question, what is under the wrap on 108? Is it the Floiarde livery or is it the standard .3 livery?

Jack Bauer

Pretty sure its teh Floraide one because I remeber when part of the bigpond AOA was coming off you could see that creamy colour.

Buzz Killington

it'd be in floriade AOA underneath. They wouldnt repaint it unless they removed the wrap AOA and there wasn't another one replacing it (case in point: 994. Parliament AOA painted on, replaced by the tooheys/brumbies wrap, once that left parli AOA was back until they got a chance to repaint)

Buzz Killington

i saw a .3 yesterday with a full back ad advertising the mentalist, coming soon to Nine (complete with a nine logo).. Anyone got a pic? Found it funny that WIN didnt somehow come along and stick their logo over the top.

..Naturally the WIN logo would be smaller and ill-placed, showing par of the 9 underneath...

Irisbus Rider

Seen it around, certainly eye-catching.

In other news, there is a new AOA for Deanes, pics later tonight (hopefully).
It is an aboriginal livery.

Buzz Killington

Sounds interesting. I demand photos.

Snorzac

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on September 19, 2008, 08:35:33 PM
Seen it around, certainly eye-catching.

In other news, there is a new AOA for Deanes, pics later tonight (hopefully).
It is an aboriginal livery.

Really!!! What type of bus is it??

Sir Pompously

I do believe it is one of their Ansair Orana bodied Vehicles, the one that was in the Drake Advertising. I sighted it the other day, and totally forgot to post about it.

Irisbus Rider

Just searching the ACTION website, looks like the 81 doesn't operate on weekends anymore. Is this correct, or am I just misreading it?

Busnerd

Youd be correct, its now the 981

Irisbus Rider

Ah!!! Damn, I knew it, ha ha.

How did I forget that!

Thanks for the info.

Snorzac

That old guy that drives 967 doesn't appear to be driving it anymore, he may have retired. For as long as I can remember he has either being driving 967 or 963. I have seen both buses but without him. Then again he may just be on leave.

And has anyone noticed that there is still green around the desto of 109

Irisbus Rider

Spence has not retired. He probably won't until he kicks the bucket.

Yeah, 109 has been like that for many years, as 869 is partially cream, and 979 is turning red slowly.

Snorzac

Is there a shortage of Scanias or something. There has being Tugg MK2s on the 313 all day. Only about 4 or 5 Scanias which have being going up and back all day.

Snorzac

Just reading a thread on the ATDB there was an ACTION Scania possibly 367 spotted in Sydney on Wednesday. It was at one of the STA depots fueling for about 5min before leaving, it may have being having work done by Scania or CC, can anyone shed some light on this.

Irisbus Rider

I read that, and got confused. I think thats mis-information.
I did see 127 driving on the M5 one day :P

Snorzac

I think there must have being  a Scania up there because it was cited filling with CNG. As for 127, what day was that? My school run had it on Thursday and Friday

Irisbus Rider

You sure would have. I saw it about 6-8 months ago.

As for that Scania, he could have been talking about when it was new, I'm not sure. Try and get some more details on it.

Snorzac

He did say that he saw it today and the date for that post was 17th Sept 2008

Irisbus Rider

Ah, ok then. Odd, probably work at Scania, or CC. Who knows.....

bubzie

Ha, 122 just broke down on the STEEP part of casey cresent, in calwell, about 15 minutes ago.

Damn...

Oh wow, the irony..it just rolled past my place now.. (as in, went a snails pace past...)

Irisbus Rider

Ha, it's been a while since I've seen a .3 break down. They're fairly notorious for that, after the Darts, Iris' and Scanias.

bubzie

gah, what am i talking about? it was 151?

actulary, i cant remember the fleet number.

but it was a dart.

I lol'd.

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, a Dart. That makes it all the better.

Snorzac

I wish that they would just get rid of those fucking shitbox darts.

Trolleybusracer

Leave my British Girls alone!

Sir Pompously

Well, the least they could do is send them to England. That way they would be at hom in the little British lanes. Best case scenario, they should be lining the bottom of LBG as an artificial reef, same as Designlines should be sitting at the bottom of Port Phillip Bay.

Snorzac

everything about that post was correct. the one before I can't say the same

Snorzac

There goes a dart now {shudder}

Irisbus Rider

They're not bad. They're unique, and some of them perform better than a normal bus. It's just that they were not suited to Canberra at all.

Sir Pompously

They were not suited John? They are not suited! They are unique, but you have to admit they are gutless buckets of junk and are not made for Canberra's wide streets, but more Country lanes in Merry old England (And Ireland). Great for inner city street work, as they can zip around the streets there.

They would be good for a re-invented Downtowner service however, as Chris_Guru and Myself were chatting away about the other night

Snorzac

Today was bazaar. There was older buses from  both depots on Intertows, even 984 chipped in to help!!! What is going on?

Snorzac

A 312 just drove past, and I am in Page  ;D. Either he is on a meal break, forgotten to change his desto blind, or he is really, really lost.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Sir Pompously on September 24, 2008, 11:33:39 AM
They were not suited John? They are not suited! They are unique, but you have to admit they are gutless buckets of junk and are not made for Canberra's wide streets, but more Country lanes in Merry old England (And Ireland). Great for inner city street work, as they can zip around the streets there.

They would be good for a re-invented Downtowner service however, as Chris_Guru and Myself were chatting away about the other night
Thats right, they were not suited to our roads. Had they had a different engine/gearbox configuration, well, who knows.

Sir Pompously

John, my point of the were and are is that were is in the past tense, by saying were you are saying that either they have had modifications or have left the fleet. By saying are is in a present tense, which is what they are now. They are not suited to our roads :P

Buzz Killington

saw 990 up close today and i gotta say, it looks pretty awesome in real life. It really catches your eye

Snorzac

It does  It is very bright. Much better than 982, IMO

Snorzac

I've seen 2 darts on intertown runs today.........................scary

Irisbus Rider

:P

Not a good sign, they're scraping the bottom of the barrell of buses when they drag the Darts out, lol.

On a serious note, with Tuggy getting all of these MANs, will Belconnen get some of Tuggys' older buses? I did see 121 lingerring around Belconnen alot today. Could it possibly return to Belconnen after 5 years of Tuggy?!

Snorzac

Yay. More .3s in Belco, the 120s would have to be the better ones. 124 is an alright bus

Snorzac

Quote from: MAN Rider on October 07, 2008, 09:48:12 PM
:P

Not a good sign, they're scraping the bottom of the barrell of buses when they drag the Darts out, lol.

On a serious note, with Tuggy getting all of these MANs, will Belconnen get some of Tuggys' older buses? I did see 121 lingerring around Belconnen alot today. Could it possibly return to Belconnen after 5 years of Tuggy?!

When walking around the T depot today I saw 121, while in the city I found that 124 had a Belconnen driver in. The only MANs that weren't out while I was there were 379 and 380. 374 was going to Lanyon on the 319 I got to the depot, 376 ran the next 319, 378 was on a 10, 375 on a 313 and I have no idea what 377 was doing but it wasn't at the depot.

If you want to get a MAN and you can be ready fast 378 will be running the 313 which leaves Page shops at 2:06, so in Belco just after

Buzz Killington

i spotted 378 on Route 4 in the City this morning too.