General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeo25

Quote from: bubzie on October 29, 2008, 09:42:34 PM
i was on 378 yesterday, and it was fine..
i saw you getting on it and i was 376 on a northbound 313 and i waited for 15 minutes just to see what it was going t be

Irisbus Rider

the new 'green' woden interchange now has 'action going your way' plus the logo in big white writing on the side of it. It really stands out.

bubzie

Quote from: lukeo25 on October 30, 2008, 11:42:39 AM
i saw you getting on it and i was 376 on a northbound 313 and i waited for 15 minutes just to see what it was going t be

..considering it was from civic-tuggeranong, shouldnt of you been at school, instead of loitering around civic? :P

(if you saw me getting off it, on the otherhand, perfectly normal?)

Snorzac

I have noticed that on the Scanias and MAN's which only have one rear door, still have the same sign as the .2s and 3s where it says "These doors.....".

lukeo25

Quote from: bubzie on October 30, 2008, 06:41:21 PM
Quote from: lukeo25 on October 30, 2008, 11:42:39 AM

..considering it was from civic-tuggeranong, shouldnt of you been at school, instead of loitering around civic? :P

(if you saw me getting off it, on the otherhand, perfectly normal?)

must saw you getting off

Buzz Killington

Oh? I didnt know yov two were an item. .

belcodriver

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on October 30, 2008, 09:01:08 PM
I have noticed that on the Scanias and MAN's which only have one rear door, still have the same sign as the .2s and 3s where it says "These doors.....".

A few drivers have those stickers on their lockers at the depot. The lockers also have only one door.

Snorzac

A few weird things today:
-952 went out of Belco on a 52 about 5mins. later the bus returned. The driver got out and went into the supervisors office and then came back and turned the bus off, no-one got off the bus. Not sure what happened 990 called.

-131 which has a bike rack was driving out of the depot with a bike in the bus......WHAT THE FUCK????

-And I saw 374 and 384 having validators replaced.

Irisbus Rider

Validators being replaced are not that weird.

There's a driver that carries his bike around on the bike racks, he doesn't want to leave it at the depot for whatever reason.

The driver of 952 probably realised the bus was faulty, returned to the depot, and got another one.

Hope that insight helps.

Snorzac

Should have worded my post better.

The bike was in the bus

The driver picked up passengers and returned to the interchange about 5mins later. He went into the supervisors office, came back and turned the bus off, there was still at least 10 on the bus no-one got off.

Snorzac

Does anyone know when they are going to begin putting the bigger turbos into the Scanias, or have they started already? 332 was a lot faster than usual and I was wondering is the reason is possibly due to a larger turbo.

Busnerd

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on November 18, 2008, 06:06:58 PM
Does anyone know when they are going to begin putting the bigger turbos into the Scanias, or have they started already? 332 was a lot faster than usual and I was wondering is the reason is possibly due to a larger turbo.
They started ages ago, and the Scanias only get a new larger turbo when the "slower" turbos decide to give up.

Snorzac

OK so looks like 332 has had it replaced.

BTW 320 is still great

Snorzac

They have taken that ugly add off the side of 962 unless the bus I just saw was 952, I am 90% shaw that it was 962 though.

bubzie

I've just watched deanes bus ..65? (I cant see...Stupid fence. who needs it.) go up casey cresent, then go down loader cresent, about..5 times now.
no, make that 6.

the hell????

(My only theory is, that he's filling in time before his school bus run. .....hang on, he just turned onto casey, towards the high school, so i presume so.)

Yep. thought i'd share.

Buzz Killington

I was out for an evening stroll earlier (yes, really) and i noticed something quite interesting at a bus stop on Barr Smith Ave in Bonython.

It's one of the old "Schools only" stops that went unused for quite some time until the 66 started going round there - on the footpath at the base of the pole, there is an old ACTION logo (the one that was replaced with Network 08) spraypainted. I didnt have my mobile with me so i couldnt get a photo or anything, but next time i go for a walk i'll try to get a snap.

Irisbus Rider

They usually spray paint the curb where a new bus stop is to be placed; even if the stop already exists. It's all around the new suburbs, and the Airport office parks.

Sir Pompously

Yes, there are a few around BBP, and one which is marked on the map, marked by a yellow logo at the location of the stop, however no stop sign installed. Sucks as that would be the closest to the terminal then :P

Irisbus Rider

On an aside, where's that one?

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously

It is on the other side of the Qantas Defence Services Hanger inside the park, the other side of the road has a Bus Stop Seat (It is almost directly across from that).

Buzz Killington

Must be the ACTION christmas party today (or yesterday) - I drove past the depot last night and all the artics were out the back of the workshop, the Scanias and MANs were all parked next to the Darts (opposite end of the shed as normal) and where they usually are, there were a number of amusement rides set up.

Snorzac

Yes it is the Christmas party today. They had all the drivers park the artics there as they came in on Friday peak. The Scanias and MANs were moved on friday morning

Bus 400

Which depot are you talking about? As I saw this at Tuggeranong Depot & thought it had to do with the Tuggeranong Festival.

Buzz Killington

Which depot do you think, given that i said

Quote from: Mr Snrub on November 30, 2008, 09:57:33 AM
the Scanias and MANs were all parked next to the Darts

Bus 400

Sorry, didn't read it all.

Buzz Killington

there was some sort of protest march through civic today. they were chanting about light rail and coal power and god knows what else, all holding signs for the Greens.

we had to wait a good two minutes to cross the bloody street..

bubzie

yeah, walk against warming..

..there were posters all on the buses!!

Snorzac

There is a Mashall Moruya coach at Belconnen depot with lost causes such as 914, 148 etc. Anyone know why.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on December 14, 2008, 06:14:11 PM
There is a Mashall Moruya coach at Belconnen depot with lost causes such as 914, 148 etc. Anyone know why.
Why not? It's safer than parking it on Akuna Street.

Snorzac

There has being an accident involving a bus and car on Launceston st in woden. Not many other details other than the bus is 322 and it has sustained damage similar to that of 108.

Buzz Killington

only a matter of time given the changes on that street lately, combined with the way morons drove on that street already.

Snorzac

Just heard that the driver of the car cut in front of the fast moving bus (70km/h approx.) to turn left.

Buzz Killington

typical impatient bastards

The Love Guru

If the bus was doing 70kph i want to know how!!!! Its a 60 zone there for starters, and the bus had just come around the corner, i would guess 40kph at best!

Snorzac

I'm just going on what I was told.

Busnerd

Oh well, car drivers had better start learning you dont cut off a bus unless you want to be without a car for 6 months.

Buzz Killington

is it just me, or is there a lot more buses getting around with less advertising lately? nearly every bus used to have ads on each side, now its not uncommon to see ads on only one side.

and why no ads on the scanias/MANs? Surely thats a lot of potential revenue going to waste.

Snorzac

You are right. Personally I would love to see a Scania, Iris or a MAN in AOA. But advertising is dieing.

Busnerd

someone should tip off the media that the government loves crying poor but is missing out on advertising revenue...

Lockie

I've noticed the same thing on the inside of the fleet. Nowadays I only see an occasional ad, with the rest either blank space, or ACTION reminding me that the new timetable starts June 2008.

CanberraTransport

Quote from: Busnerd on December 17, 2008, 07:17:27 PM
someone should tip off the media that the government loves crying poor but is missing out on advertising revenue...

That cantips service is as useful as tits on a bull. The Canberra Times would be your only hope...

Buzz Killington

I've split the bunker shelter posts into a new topic
http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=996.0

Enjoy

Buzz Killington

i was behind 380 doing a 66 this arvo, and I think the driver must've been daydreaming, cuz he missed the turn from Athllon into Soward. He ended up turning down Reed St instead.

belcodriver

Quote from: Mr Snrub on January 02, 2009, 06:21:57 PM
i was behind 380 doing a 66 this arvo, and I think the driver must've been daydreaming, cuz he missed the turn from Athllon into Soward. He ended up turning down Reed St instead.

It happens to the best of us ocassionally.

Bus 400

Quote from: Mr Snrub on January 02, 2009, 06:21:57 PM

Just wondering if you followed this bus the whole way? As on the front of that bus was "66" "TUGGERANONG INTERCHANGE". So he was probaly going back the depot to put the bus to sleep for the night.

Also it appeared that Bus 305 was broken down on Athllon Dr b Hindmarsh Dr (northbound) at around 18:30. But at 18:50 the bus had dissappeared.

Bus 400

Deanes are following in ACTION's footsteps with their new slogan being "Going Your Way" is the except same AOA painting.

Joking, 758 was spotted on a 832 Deanes Bus route going past Spotlight Queanbeyan (Ellerton Dr) around 09:00. I was on the phone at the time, so didn't get a pic. But does anyone know why it was out that way?