General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Did it actually have 832 on the Desto, or was it just driving down the same road that the 832 goes down?

Bus 400

Heading the way of the 832 does at the same time that thr 832 goes that way. It actually appeared to have 834 on the side desto.

Buzz Killington

hmmm, im skeptical.

Maybe our deanes contact can shed some light on this one?

Bus 400

Or a Belco driver? I didn't believe it at first as I did see a Deanes bus return to depot a few minutes later.

Buzz Killington

Does anyone happen to know an opening date for Tuggeranong Depot? Can't seem to locate one.

belcodriver

Quote from: TP 3000 on January 07, 2009, 04:16:59 PM
Deanes are following in ACTION's footsteps with their new slogan being "Going Your Way" is the except same AOA painting.

Joking, 758 was spotted on a 832 Deanes Bus route going past Spotlight Queanbeyan (Ellerton Dr) around 09:00. I was on the phone at the time, so didn't get a pic. But does anyone know why it was out that way?

It was probably going to/from TISC.

Bus 400

Snorzac

A training center out near Queenbyan. Refer to the topic on the vandalism of 754

belcodriver

Transport Industry Skills Centre.

When you apply for a job as an ACTION driver, after passing some of the initial assessments, you get to drive a couple of laps of the track at TISC to see if it's possible to train you to drive a bus.

TISC instructors train prospective drivers in preparation for their MR licence test which is also conducted by TISC.

Snorzac

Has Belconnen got a Scania? Last night the shift that just does 13s all night was a Scania however today it is 981. This shift of constant 13s starts at 7:30ish and finishes around midnight.

Irisbus Rider

The Scania probably covered a broken down Belconnen Shift.

Snorzac

Yesterday I think I witnessed one of the dumbest people on earth. Here is what she said to a driver who was in the city on a route 10 to Cambell Park. She had a foreign accent:
Lady: Can I get to Fyshwick?
Driver: Yes
Lady: On this bus? 
Driver: No
Lady: Which bus?
Driver: 8
Lady: What time does that go?
Driver: I don't know read the timetable!
Lady: {walks to timetable and back} You need a university course to read this.
Driver: Pardon
Lady: A university course to read this.
Driver: {Closes doors and starts driving} A university what?
Mini Mat: Course.
Driver: For crying out loud, maybe she should be in preschool, university won't teach her that!!

Busnerd

Busnerd

We possibly saw Lukeo driving a white Astra on erindale drive yesterday afternoon...

It was a red head with curly hair...so yeah..

lukeo25

1 i do not drive
2 i hate holdens
3 i hate driving and i will never learn
4 i am a gunzel for life
5 i was at Aussie Junk at Mugga Lane at that time with my mum and dad looking at pots and bunk beds

Irisbus Rider

Aussie Junk, eh? Yeah, I usually get dragged along there too, but I usually get a sasuage sandwich from the charity BBQ, a can of Solo, and sit in the car, slowly frying in the heat, listening to 2CA.

Or I gunzel Murrays Depot.....

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mr Snrub on January 07, 2009, 08:00:57 PM
Does anyone happen to know an opening date for Tuggeranong Depot? Can't seem to locate one.
I'm fairly sure the year was 1987. There is a plaque somewhere which shows the actual opening date.

belcodriver

Quote from: Martin on January 20, 2009, 09:42:39 AM
Quote from: Mr Snrub on January 07, 2009, 08:00:57 PM
I'm fairly sure the year was 1987. There is a plaque somewhere which shows the actual opening date.

The Hyperdome opened in 87 but I thought the depot was a couple of years later.

Irisbus Rider

From memory, the depot opened in 1992. Or I might be getting confused with the Interchange.....?

Sir Pompously

I Sighted a Scania heading down the Monaro Highway this morning at about 5am towards Tuggeranong. Might have been coming back from Custom Coaches, and was a flip dot. Only the rear saloon lights were on. This is the second time I have seen an early morning Scania heading towards Tuggeranong on my way to work. Too dark to get the fleet number.

Buzz Killington

nice to see 352 getting around tonight with aussie flags hanging from the side mirrors!

Snorzac

994 has a really nice looking full back, for a movie, not sure what though

Buzz Killington

there's an ex-STA merc that's been converted to a motorhome on the corner of Don Dunstan Dr and Athllon Dr at the moment.

NSW Plates, think it was ZBH 758 or something similar.

lukeo25

i think i saw it in Lyons outside a house on launcaston st just be4 saw the shops whilst passing through yesterday and my sister said she saw it 2day there 

smitho

That motorhome / merc belongs to one of the Tuggeranong drivers; she lives in one of the new townhouses near Don Dunstan Ave / Athllon...

Buzz Killington

ah, nice.

Seems to be a growing number of exSTA Mercs belonging to drivers hanging around the depots :D

Bus 400

Saw a new small ACTION trial bus from Toyota. It is lower & shorter & has a bit better engine (from what I heard). But couldn't get any pictures as I was driving.

Nah only joking. But there were some silly people at the Melrose High stop on Athllon Dr, were this person flagged down their friend in a Toyota Corolla which was in front of a 900 to Woden & I am sure we all know what happens when people at bus stops stick their hands out as a bus is approaching.....

Jack Bauer

Hah

Anyway 324 was on the back of our favourite orange tow truck about an hour ago heading towards the depot in Tuggers.

Also, I had a light blue/white ex STA merc in my street the other day that was a motorhome with a men and women on board. Unfortunately didnt catch the plates.

Buzz Killington

did it have waves painted on the side?

Bus 400

Nope, just plain white. 

Buzz Killington

i was replying to Jack Bauer, not you.

Bus 400

Websites mistake when I clicked on this link from the main page it only showed me YOUR  post Mr Snrub.

Buzz Killington

thats right, blame the website.

bubzie

Bus 400

Ok, it was the server. My blonde roots were showing before. But a bottle of hair dye fixed that up.

Buzz Killington

more likely that it was your browser using the cached version of the page and not reloading it.

Bus 400

Don't blame Apple Safari, it has worked the best for me. If it was the old Internet Explorer then you are welcome. But to keep the server happy, so that it doesn't do that to me again I'll agree with you.

Snorzac

Has the 3 desto always been

Belconnen/Interchange
{scroll}
via Hospitals

Busnerd

The current desto should be BELCONNEN/INTERCHANGE - VIA HOSPITALS - VIA UNIVERSITYS

Bus 400

Only some buses have that. The taller the desto screen, the more information that is given

The Love Guru

I haven't seen any with the "via uni's" on them. They are using the same desto that the 934 has, namely "belco/woden, via hospitals".

Good to see they finally fixed the 938 desto, as you were unable to select just city on it.

Snorzac

109 has a new drivers seat in it, the same as the one in 130

Barry Drive

Quote from: Chris_Guru on February 17, 2009, 12:29:28 AM
Good to see they finally fixed the 938 desto, as you were unable to select just city on it.
What about just Woden? 938 used to offer only "Woden via City" despite it starting at City.

I have noticed that 80 doesn't have a City (only) desto available even though evening services commence from the Railway Station. Some drivers have used "City via Fyshwick" (even though it starts after Fyshwick), "Railway Station" (to come back) or just blank with 80. So far no-one has tried using a different route and changing the route number (which is what I'd do - and what I currently do for 58 once I reach GMP).

Buzz Killington

I guess a lot of drivers wouldn't know how to 'manipulate' the desto, and just use whatever the pre-programmed codes are.

Quote from: TP 3000 on February 16, 2009, 11:37:19 PM
The taller the desto screen, the more information that is given

Really?

Bus 400

This morning there was a woman complaining at the ACTION City Info place about Route 27 went past her as it was full 2 stops from the end (I guessing Badimara Street). The info guy was partly laughing & she was like "it isn't funny you need a bigger bus as people miss work."

The thing is that she boarded the Inter-town to City on Melrose Dr a Launceston St. Which is no where near any other bus goes from Waramanga. I did feel like asking her what sort of bus it was, as if it was a bendy bus, ACTION would have no choice. But she did fill in some complaint form.

Sir Pompously

Probably the same old woman me and Mat saw complaining about hackett to waramanga and I started laughing only for her to exit in a huff!!

Bus 400

This one was just before 9am & she was mid 30's to late 40's. But I didn't stick around to see the end of it, but I did also think it was funny (her explanation).

The thing I want to know is: How did she get from Badimara St to Melrose Dr?

Also this morning the Route 60 took a new route to Woden:
as per normal to Hindmarsh
R-Hindmarsh
L-Melrose
unknown from here.

Snorzac

Has anyone seen 377 today. I saw it this morning and it had a chunk ripped out of the gas pod, must have happened sometime after 8am yesterday as that is when I saw it last and it wasn't like that.

My 313 needs a bigger bus, today it was past legal limit and half the standing pax had to get off at Lathalain st to let a pram off and then get back on. Pram seriously need to be banned from been pushed on they are such a pain in the neck.

Buzz Killington

that's just stupid. Why should parents with prams be banned from utilising public transport because of overcrowded buses or your personal preference?

Bus 400

I think that the pram pusher was a bit selfish if they didn't just fold it up to help everyone else.