Which Terminus/Interchange is it??? #1

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, November 07, 2015, 12:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hi everyone, I'm creating this new game, based on the 'Where is it' Photo game, but instead, this one will be for my drawings.

It's pretty simple, each game that is run, I will post a random 'birds eye' drawing that I have made of a terminus, interchange, or depot (within Canberra), and you guys will guess which ones they are. But, to make it a little more interesting, there's a few rules:
-Anyone can participate, but you're only allowed to guess once for each game.
-Multiple people can guess the same answer, but if it is the correct answer, only the person who guessed it right first will receive the prize.
-Previous Winners will be required to wait for others to have a go at guessing, before having a go, or if others haven't within 3 days, they can go ahead.

Now, one of the rules mentions a prize, well yes there is a prize! I couldn't really think to make this exactly the same as 'Where is it' where others posted after each winner, so instead, i have decided: For every winner, they will receive a special 'Landscape' artwork of the birds eye terminus/interchange that they guessed correctly (like the one I made for Woden Interchange). After a winner has been selected, I will private message them about the specifics of how they would like their drawing to look, for example: which bus, what direction it's facing, sunny day, rainy day, where I'd be standing while making the artwork, and more... For each of these landscape drawings, I will be making special trips to these designated locations to draw them during my spare time, and as these landscape drawings take me some time to create, there will be a delay in PM-ing them to the winner and then creating a new game, so the time between these games will be considerably long (hopefully no more than a month between each one).

Anyways, enough chit chat, let's start this new game!!!
Which Terminus/interchange is this???

Barry Drive

Sylvan Loves Buses

Correct! Man that was quick  :o I was hoping this one to be hard-ish, oh well...  ::)

Sylvan Loves Buses

No. 1 artwork finished, and as the request for the personal artwork was not wanted, I'll post it now for all to see.  ^-^

oh yeh, this took me 5 hours on 2 different occasions, in case anyone's interested  ;D

Bus 503

It doesn't show it on the picture, but since you went to Torrens Terminus, did the poll have SSO blades underneath the NXTBUS blades? And what's in the timetable slot? Kaleen (North) Terminus is very similar. (If my questions are proven correct.)

Torrens Terminus does have an SSO blade, and the A3 holder has a poster stating that the stop is now only used by school services. Pic attached.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on November 28, 2015, 05:50:34 PM
It doesn't show it on the picture, but since you went to Torrens Terminus, did the poll have SSO blades underneath the NXTBUS blades? And what's in the timetable slot? Kaleen (North) Terminus is very similar. (If my questions are proven correct.)

Had to read that 3 times before I understood what you were asking, (still new to the technical words).

As for what I do with my drawings, If "additional" details are not requested by the person, I'll just do it my own way, so for example, the Torrens stop sign does have a school services sign below, but I just based it on one of the old 2008 signs.

In the timetable slot? Idk, I just coloured that in with a white pencil, so you can use your imagination for that.

Also, could you show me a picture of the Kaleen Terminus? cause I don't know Canberra up north very well, but I would probably want to draw it anyway.

Bus 503

Quote from: 743 on November 29, 2015, 09:01:29 AM
Torrens Terminus does have an SSO blade, and the A3 holder has a poster stating that the stop is now only used by school services. Pic attached.

Cool.

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on November 29, 2015, 03:59:24 PM
Had to read that 3 times before I understood what you were asking, (still new to the technical words).

As for what I do with my drawings, If "additional" details are not requested by the person, I'll just do it my own way, so for example, the Torrens stop sign does have a school services sign below, but I just based it on one of the old 2008 signs.

In the timetable slot? Idk, I just coloured that in with a white pencil, so you can use your imagination for that.

Also, could you show me a picture of the Kaleen Terminus? cause I don't know Canberra up north very well, but I would probably want to draw it anyway.

I'll post a photo in the coming days when I get a chance to photograph.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on November 29, 2015, 08:10:01 PM
I'll post a photo in the coming days when I get a chance to photograph.

Oh no, you don't need to go to any trouble, just a screenshot of the terminus from google maps will do, as soon as I know where it is, I can decide if it's good enough to add.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on November 30, 2015, 01:34:42 AM
Oh no, you don't need to go to any trouble, just a screenshot of the terminus from google maps will do, as soon as I know where it is, I can decide if it's good enough to add.

Back of Georgina Crescent, near Rubicon Street.

The Love Guru

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 01, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
Yeh, not really a terminus...

Actually, it is/was a terminus. Back in the day, the route 30, 31 and 34(?) used to terminate there. Now the only route that goes there is SR620. I don't know if the terminus actually had any facilities, however, Kaleen Plaza would have been next to the terminus so the drivers possibly went inside there. Pictures of buses at Kaleen North terminus can be found via this link:
http://www.actbus.net/gallery/index.php/tag/1021/Georgina+Crescent

At Kaleen North terminus, there are actually two bus stops. One is at Kaleen Hall, the other is on the LJ Hooker side. They are both on Georgina Crescent.

This is the Kaleen Hall side.

And this is the LJ Hooker side.

Bus 400

If I am not mistaken, the drivers facilities were on the outside of Kaleen Plaza. A bit like what is/was at Lanyon Marketplace. As buses run before & after the shopping plazas are unlocked.

The 34 never went past Kaleen as it replaced the 434, which was a Woden to Belconnen run. The 32 did go past Kaleen Plaza on weekends. But it was a bit before my bussing days, so I'm not sure if the 32 actually went via the terminus stop. In fact, I only remember catching a bus to Kaleen Terminus once.

The Love Guru

Only the 30 and 31 went to the terminus. I drove there many times before it was disused.

Don't recall ever being shown facilities at Kaleen but that's not to say they didn't exist.

The Love Guru

To show my age, I spent more than a few minutes chatting with my favorite drivers at the Giralang Terminus, which if kept would have removed the need for the terminus at Kaleen.

King of Buses

Quote from: The Love Guru on December 02, 2015, 10:08:56 PM
Only the 30 and 31 went to the terminus. I drove there many times before it was disused.

Don't recall ever being shown facilities at Kaleen but that's not to say they didn't exist.

32 and 47 in Network 98 terminated there. Those were the days when the 47 was the bus from Kaleen and Giralang to Belconnen and the 30, 31 & 32 running to the City and Woden. All from Kaleen  terminus.

The Love Guru

Going back too far there. I wasn't aware of them doing that, wasn't living here at the time.
2 digit route numbers suck.

The Love Guru

47 = 400
30 = 439
31 = 437
32 = 438
+ there was the 401 that did Giralang shops instead of Chuculba.
All those services terminated at Giralang Terminus on William Slim Dr and route 500 used to pass it too on its way to Palmerston and the City (Gungahlin was but a paddock in those days)
Route 510 and 511 later joined in and made for a busy time at Giralang Terminus with 8 different routes (though 401 was peak only and 438 only ran at night and weekends)

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well, it doesn't fit my standards for being a terminus worthy to be one of my drawings, so I won't be doing this one (not yet anyway), but whatever.

quite a history lesson we're having here, innit. ::)