The pink and the blue

Started by 743, February 02, 2017, 07:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex BUS 803 engaged in a chase with BUS 622 this afternoon, thanks to a tip off from the King of Buses.

Belconnen Community Bus Station

More photos to follow later.

King of Buses

That bus driver must've been so confused as this was at least the third photo of 622 taken just on that shift!  :P

Sylvan Loves Buses

I love the fact how you caught a green bus in the shot too. Although its blue is a bit boring by its self, it actually looks good with all the others.
Did you get a shot with all 4 liveries at once? that would be awesome!

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on February 02, 2017, 10:02:13 PM
That bus driver must've been so confused as this was at least the third photo of 622 taken just on that shift!  :P

Oh certainly more than 3. I took a few pics of it on a northbound 316 in Woden around 5:30pm.

And what on Earth is 803's driver doing?

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 03, 2017, 08:54:19 PM
Oh certainly more than 3. I took a few pics of it on a northbound 316 in Woden around 5:30pm.

And what on Earth is 803's driver doing?

1. It was a 315
2. He's clearly just casually hanging out the window posing for a photo haha  ;D

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on February 03, 2017, 09:00:59 PM
1. It was a 315
Sorry it was 4:22pm, but route 316

EDIT: I realised the rest of the thread was yesterday, not today- whoops. Only catching up on this now.

Stan butler

Did anyone notice the number on the Desto of the pink bus?

BTW - that is me driving one of those buses. I'm not going to tell you which one. But I saw the "youngish" guy taking this photo.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Stan butler on February 04, 2017, 09:00:47 PM
Did anyone notice the number on the Desto of the pink bus?

Now that I think of it, I'm actually surprised it still has the old ACTION real on it :o

ajw373

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 04, 2017, 10:29:39 PM
Now that I think of it, I'm actually surprised it still has the old ACTION real on it :o

Well action doesn't remove them, so not sure why it is such a surprise that it is still in the bus. It's not like the buses is seeing route service with another company.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hmm, didn't know they didn't remove them, at least not all of them as I've seen a few in woden that have.
I just thought the people who own it now would use their own or something, cause I'm pretty sure when I saw it a couple of years back, the side desto had been removed

As promised, some more pink and blue photos:

Not my best photo, because 951 just decided to trundle through and ruin the shot. But an interesting comparison of liveries nonetheless on London Cct.

803 and 622 opposite Spence Terminus at the end of the run.

And a different 'blue' bus for 803 to convoy with, ex State Transit Mercedes O305 #2619. The buses are seen here at Narrabundah Terminus.

Here they are atop Mount Ainslie. 803 rocketed up the hill, 2619 not so much  ;D