What will happen to Act bus

Started by Q, December 12, 2017, 10:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q

This question will either confuse you or seem simple. With the first tram (sorry LRV) arriving in a matter of hours. What will actbus be called. Will it still be actbus with a different section for trams or will it be renamed something else to reflect the Tram arriving.   Sorry if this was a dumb question. 

Busfanatic101

ACTBUS, although centred around ACTION buses, has always covered all forms of (public) transport. Naturally, many bus enthusiasts will also have some interest in other forms of transport to various degrees. As ACTION became part of TC, it makes sense that light rail will become another prominent feature of this site. The admin/s have already incorporated categories for the trams in the gallery, fleetwiki, and forum quite nicely.

I personally think ACT Bus is a nicer (or equally nice) name than Transport CBR or ACT Transit or Transporty McTransportface or whatever else people can come up with. It's 14 trams up against 420 buses and >14 non-trams/buses. I doubt a name change and don't see a need for it.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on December 12, 2017, 11:55:55 PM
The admin/s have already incorporated categories for the trams in the gallery, fleetwiki, and forum quite nicely.
Fleetwiki was updated recently to include "trams". Since there will be only 14 LRVs (all the same model) with 1 depot and no withdrawals expected for 40 years, there isn't much detail that can be recorded other than their arrival dates. At this stage consider the trams on Fleetwiki as a work-in-progress. Suggestions about what to include (or not) are welcome (please PM me).

Gallery has also had new albums created in the hope that we can get photos of all trams by next year.

Please also note: the fleet number shown (201) is just a guess at this point - it will be changed once the actual fleet numbers are known.

Buzz Killington

As above, really. We won't be changing the name of the site, but have incorporated light rail into it.