Check In CBR to expand to retail and transport

Started by Barry Drive, July 02, 2021, 09:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Extract from Media Release (1 July 2021):

QuoteThe Check In CBR app will be required in all retail settings, public transport and taxi and rideshare, in the same way it is already mandatory for restricted businesses.

The roll out of the new requirement is commencing today and retail settings and public transport services will have until 12 noon on 15 July 2021 to implement the new requirements.

This additional measure will ensure our contact tracing teams have access to the best available data to quickly and effectively contact any individual who may have been exposed.

Retail settings include supermarkets, petrol stations, takeaway services, clothing stores and department stores.

Transport services include buses, light rail, taxis, uber and other rideshare services.

Still awaiting confirmation that this means QCity buses requires two check-ins when travelling across the border.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Lol, I'm sure the drivers will enjoy MANUALLY checking me in every time I take the bus if this happens. I plan to bus hop soon, <30 manual check-ins a day hmm...

triumph

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on July 02, 2021, 11:58:00 AMLol, I'm sure the drivers will enjoy MANUALLY checking me in every time I take the bus if this happens. I plan to bus hop soon, <30 manual check-ins a day hmm...

Good luck with that. The ACT Gov web site re customer use of QR code says bus drivers cannot do it and suggests using a registered MyWay card or keeping good records if you can't use the QR code. Your situation is not that unusual - recently a family member had to acquire a 'smart' phone and sign up to a plan at not insignificant cost (and effort to come to grips with phone technology) just for the convenience of using the QR code.

It is to be hoped that Action buses will have the codes distributed at seats (like in NSW) and not at the entry doors. (Having customers trying to check in at the bus doors would be disastrous for time keeping.)

triumph

Quote from: triumph on July 02, 2021, 02:21:12 PMIt is to be hoped that Action buses will have the codes distributed at seats (like in NSW) and not at the entry doors. (Having customers trying to check in at the bus doors would be disastrous for time keeping.)

A circular from Transport Canberra and associated link makes it clear that QR codes will be located throughout vehicles to avoid delays at entry doors. So that is well resolved. It also mentions registered MyWay as a backstop but in the TC article good records were not mentioned. It is clearly stated that drivers cannot assist check-ins or enforce the check-in (and mask) rules. External check-ins at bus and light rail stations and stops is not required.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 02, 2021, 09:18:44 AMStill awaiting confirmation that this means QCity buses requires two check-ins when travelling across the border.
Apparently, it does mean exactly that.

An article has been added to the ACT Bus website which hopefully address all questions. (If it doesn't, post your questions here and they may be added to the article.)

triumph

Quote from: triumph on July 02, 2021, 10:52:38 PMA circular from Transport Canberra and associated link makes it clear that QR codes will be located throughout vehicles to avoid delays at entry doors. So that is well resolved. It also mentions registered MyWay as a backstop but in the TC article good records were not mentioned. It is clearly stated that drivers cannot assist check-ins or enforce the check-in (and mask) rules. External check-ins at bus and light rail stations and stops is not required.

Found source of 'good records' not mentioned in TC site. Go to ACT Gov Covid 19 website and under 'Information for customers' is an item 'What to do if you can't use the app'. Part of 4th para down 'If you are unable to check in to a public transport vehicle, please ensure that you keep good records of the service you have used.' So that's all clear, check in with app, failing that use of a registered MyWay card will suffice (if you have one, use of card to pay fare should happen anyway), or as a last resort, keep good records.

It is a pity that different Gov sources do not give identical information - just adds to the confusion.