Bus Shortages?

Started by Buzz Killington, April 28, 2008, 06:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

A stuff up on WIN News just now - As Jessica Good was introducing a story on the National Portrait Gallery the graphic on her left was of a Scania with the words "ACTION BUS"  and the subtitle "SHORTAGES"

I didnt see a story on ACTION on the news tonight, anybody know if there is any shortage at the moment or if an old graphic was slapped up by mistake?

Irisbus Rider

Well, there have certainly been more 100.2's on the road than usual, basically every 34 has been a rigid, as well as the Intertown. Although, I have seen the odd Iris and Scania on the road, so they definately aren't pulling all of a certain type off the road.

But, I do know a lot of Scanias have been sent to the workshop lately by one person :P

bubzie

yeah, after 4pm or so, i counted only like two scania/iris's on the 315.

which is kinda sad, because there was a guy in a wheelchair that gets it who had to wait like ..at least more than an hour and a half for one, poor guy.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Renault Rider on April 28, 2008, 08:00:50 PM
But, I do know a lot of Scanias have been sent to the workshop lately by one person :P

?

CanberraTransport

I saw the same stuff-up, but there certainly wasn't a story on the related image.

Bus 400

If CT hadn't posted his reply. People could wonder if it had something to do with driver shortages?

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 03, 2008, 12:38:54 AM
If CT hadn't posted his reply. People could wonder if it had something to do with driver shortages?
There currently aren't any driver shortages, it's just the new network. Bus shortages on the other hand, yeah, there are quite a few more artics off the road than usual, as well as a lot of the low floor fleet.

Jack Bauer

I got it the first time...

Buzz Killington