A Change is here (New Logo Discussion etc)

Started by Buzz Killington, May 13, 2008, 08:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

BIG Changes are here.......

- New ACTION Logo
- Two New AOA Buses
- New Bike Racks?

Jack Bauer

Busnerd

Jack Bauer

What did Bob Dylan say again?

Busnerd

Irisbus Rider

Bus 400

Where is the new change going to occur? As the bus network will CHANGE next month. The selection of buses you can ride will CHANGE anytime soon. Also apparently the ACTION logo has CHANGED.

Buzz Killington

a new clue has been added...

Bus 400

I don't get any picture.

Buzz Killington

here

Note: Attachments are Removed once they are 60 days old due to Automatic Maintenance.

lukeo25

Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington

by the way, the change is NOT the new network.

Note: Attachments are Removed once they are 60 days old due to Automatic Maintenance.

Irisbus Rider

The change will be revealed at 11am at the LGA on Monday, I think.....?"

Bus 400

Quote from: Renault Rider on May 17, 2008, 01:34:36 PM
The change will be revealed at 11am at the LGA on Monday, I think.....?"

What is the LGA?

Sir Pompously

I amgoing to take a punt and say he means the Legeslative Assembly.

Bus 400

But why would they announce that Bus 947 is moving?

Maybe ACTION are going to order 947 buses over the next 100 years. Would love to have that contract.

Sir Pompously

God damn it, no comment TP3000. I am speechless, lost for words, dumbfounded at that reply. I have recieved a little gem in my letter box today with 'CANBERRAS NEW BUS NETWORK Phase One'

Sir Pompously

Ladies and Gentleman, Girls and boys of All ages (Transexuals included). I present to you the ACTION of Tomorrow, TODAY!

I did not think this would be released till monday, however Dad got it in the mail. The bus the driver is sitting in is also a point of contention, as Mathew says it does not look like a Scania, I have no idea but a MAN maybe?

Trolleybusracer

it has a scania wheel....

Bus 400

What about that weird new logo?

Irisbus Rider

Cool!

And the MANs won't be delivered until June now.....

Now, here's my theory, I've never seen that driver before, and he's got a shirt with the new logo, perhaps, he's not with ACTION at all?

But then again, it's a wayfarer.....

I dunno.....

Bus 400

The ticket machine does look a touch too clean

Buzz Killington

Well -there's your change people - ACTION HAS A NEW LOGO and SLOGAN

But here's the question - who here has worked out the relevance of the numbers 947 and 899?

Bus 400

Quote from: Charles Logan on May 17, 2008, 10:57:41 PM
But here's the question - who here has worked out the relevance of the numbers 947 and 899?

They are both Renault PR100.2 Ansair (Mk2) B43D which had the new logo on first?

Buzz Killington

correct, but there is more to it

Busnerd

Nah, according to the photos of the pamphlet todd MMS'd me before, it didnt look like a scania, but now that ive seen the full size image it is just a scania...but they edited out the vertical drivers window.

And that driver is WAAAAAY to jolly!

There is another surprise coming soon on 899 and 947 besides the new AOA's...first as a promotion, then to be extended across the fleet.

Bus 400

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Busnerd on May 18, 2008, 02:31:10 AM
There is another surprise coming soon on 899 and 947 besides the new AOA's...

there's the second part of your scoop, kids... part three is coming!

Barry Drive

Could you be referring to this perhaps ...

Buzz Killington

that would be it! thanks for those pics martin..

Barry Drive

I should add that it's not just the logo, slogan and possibly livery that are changing but ACTION are also going to be improving their passenger information at interchanges and bus stops.

Quote from: ACTION internal newsletterNew bus stop bollards will be progressively installed at bus stops along the major route corridors of the Intertown, Northbourne and Constitution Avenues. The bollards will provide more detailed information about buses passing the stop. The bollards will also be installed at major junctions and shopping Centres such as Erindale, Kippax and Lanyon Market Place.

Buzz Killington

interesting, thanks for that info! internal newsletter, eh? i think we have a few old ones floating around here, i should try and find them again...

and i suppose its now alright to be posting this photo:

Irisbus Rider

OMG OMG OMG!!! Martin, Thank you! They are fantastic photos, and good work!!! Wow, fantastic mate ;D

Bus 400

So these new signs might be similar to the ones that have popped up around Perth. Where it shows what routes pass by (e.g. 62 Tuggeranong Interchange via Kambah East), their stopping pattern (e.g. Marconi Crescent after Drakeford Dr) & what times they go past with diversions explained at the bottom. I posted one of these on the old Forum.

That appears to be a good livery. But it is good to see that the ACT Government had plastered their logo at the bottom of the bus.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 18, 2008, 09:42:41 PM
That appears to be a good livery. But it is good to see that the ACT Government had plastered their logo at the bottom of the bus.

you have an eye for detail.. i didnt even notice that!

Irisbus Rider

I just had a thought, where do the ads go? It appears as though there's no room?! They definately can't cover up the slogan.....

Because if this will go on all buses, will we see an end to ads on buses? Or am I jumping to conclusions, lol.....

Buzz Killington

its just an AOA john

but it wouldnt surprse me if this livery was adopted for the MAN's

Irisbus Rider

Oh, ok, a temporary thing, got it.....

Bus 400

All the buses might get the new colour scheme. Bt it would be differnent to what we see above as they are AOA's.

This is just a thought as it would cost ACTION a fair bit to repaint all buses. But eventually all the buses will be replaced....

But would anyone out there like to attempt to do a paint job on ACTION's current fleet? I am terrible at it.

Buzz Killington

Jack Bauer

One of them, didn't catch rego, was out today doing a school run at a certain A-grade college.

Buzz Killington

947 was on the news @ the Legislative Assembly

The Love Guru

899 was released to traffic this afternoon however wasn't required. Will be out in service tomorrow morning.

Irisbus Rider

Busnerd

Chris, has 899 got a bike rack and front fleet no's yet?

The Love Guru

Nope, 899 has just had the stickers applied over the old paint. No sign of a bike rack.

Irisbus Rider

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: Martin on May 18, 2008, 12:51:52 PM
I should add that it's not just the logo, slogan and possibly livery that are changing but ACTION are also going to be improving their passenger information at interchanges and bus stops.

Yeah well thats a 10,000% improvement. Quite appaled to find a Shitty little "Fence picket" as my local bus stop when i was up there, the right height to gouge a kids eye out to! with that sharp point  :D