Yes, Randomly
10 (62.5%)
No
3 (18.8%)
Other (specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Buzz Killington

Because i'm after serious responses here, I've foregone option # 6 "I'm Offended! I brush twice daily AND chew gum"

Jack Bauer

I've gone "NO" because I dunno really, why change I guess... but I guess I do see some merit in the random side of it...

seat cover

NSW Driver are randomly breath and drug tested already. Do you want a pissed or stoned person driving you? I don't!!!

belcodriver

You'll all be pleased to know that the cops routinely wave us through RBTs when driving the bus. Happened to me again today.

Irisbus Rider

Was that on Southern Cross Dr? That was a big operation!

A while ago, I was on a bus with a mate of mine who's a driver, on the Intertown on Athllon Drive, and the Police didn't wave us in, we just sailed past!

And I agree with "seat cover", if a driver is unfit to drive a car, why should he drive a bus load of unknowing passengers.

belcodriver

Quote from: Renault Rider on July 24, 2008, 12:00:11 PM
Was that on Southern Cross Dr? That was a big operation!

Yes, I think they might have been training some apprentice funstoppers.

Irisbus Rider

Ah, I see, ha ha. Must've been.

By the end of it all, there was about 10 cars by the side of the road!

Barry Drive

I've been waved through RBTs twice in the last few months. Both times I was dead-running -- once on William Hovell Dr around 4.30pm and Belconnen Way at 11.30pm.

Random breath tests on bus drivers could only be done by police. Can you image an RBT station set up on Scollay St or Cohen St when all the drivers are heading out for their afternoon school runs?

Irisbus Rider

I have noticed the police out in force a lot more lately, especially oing RBTs. Election time, is it?

Buzz Killington

saw the latest police graduates on WIN News the other night, and they said that new recruits go straight to traffic. probably just the newbies learning the RBT stuff, i guess.