Not 431!

Started by Sir, October 05, 2011, 06:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Came off better than the car did!

Wonder if it's Sir Pompously's old car, lol

Bus 400

This has been an accident waiting to happen & if happened within 11 months of opening. That speed bump that put in is also pointless as most cars drive through the bike lane to get around it.

I did see one stupid person though, with the Police & ACTION Supervisors he decided to stand in front of the car to take a picture. The thing was he was standing in the middle of the road with his headphones in & didn't hear/choose to ignore the Police & Supervisors yelling at him.

Sir Pompously

Certainly not mine, Buzz. Different rims. Also, Dad currently has my car, and he ain't no girl.

CNG

poor bus driver, what a way to wreck his day

belcodriver

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 05, 2011, 09:26:36 PM
This has been an accident waiting to happen & if happened within 11 months of opening. That speed bump that put in is also pointless as most cars drive through the bike lane to get around it.

I did see one stupid person though, with the Police & ACTION Supervisors he decided to stand in front of the car to take a picture. The thing was he was standing in the middle of the road with his headphones in & didn't hear/choose to ignore the Police & Supervisors yelling at him.

It's not the first bus/car smash there. I've had a couple of near misses and I'd imagine it's the same for most of my colleagues.

Barry Drive

What part of "Give Way" is confusing to drivers?

Many times I've seen drivers who will cut it close across this intersection - just so that they can get to the car park 5 seconds earlier. And then there are the ones who will just follow the car in front without looking. Even worse are the drivers who only look for buses coming up the hill and not those exiting the Bus Station.

What they need to do is buy the wreckage of the car and mount it on a sign just behind the intersection (so that it's clearly visible) with the words "This is what happens when you don't give way to buses".

The Love Guru

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on October 07, 2011, 12:04:00 PM
What part of "Give Way" is confusing to drivers?

Many times I've seen drivers who will cut it close across this intersection - just so that they can get to the car park 5 seconds earlier. And then there are the ones who will just follow the car in front without looking. Even worse are the drivers who only look for buses coming up the hill and not those exiting the Bus Station.

What they need to do is buy the wreckage of the car and mount it on a sign just behind the intersection (so that it's clearly visible) with the words "This is what happens when you don't give way to buses".

I've already suggest a board opposite the intersection stating how many cars have been hit there, like a large scoreboard.

Sir Pompously

It'd better have a digital counter, employing someone to change the sign would be very costly (as would making all the extra stickers to place over the original) :-p

Bus 400

Why not boom gates with a red light camera for anyone who races the gates.
The big thing that this will achieve is people will stop using this road as a shortcut.

Busnerd

Next we will have a level crossing with bells and boom gates going down as buses approach.

The better idea would be just to have a traffic light there that gives buses priority and times them coming up from the community station up to westfield

Barry Drive

Which would delay departures going down the hill. But then again, what's one more set of lights?

Barry Drive

Stop sign now installed

Bus 400

The speed hump has also been moved forward & is now right behind the stop line.

Busnerd

I found that speed hump quite annoying, you have to crawl over the front of the bump and stop straight away. they could at least move it one car length back.