539-620 Scania K320UB deliveries

Started by Barry Drive, May 24, 2014, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

King of Buses

586 is in service
587 has also been delivered to Tuggeranong

Barry Drive

Haven't had any sightings (or reported sightings) of 587 since it was allegedly delivered.

And 586 only commenced service today.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on November 27, 2015, 10:41:06 PM
Haven't had any sightings (or reported sightings) of 587 since it was allegedly delivered.

I'm told it's hidden in the T workshops.  Can't tell with all the artics everywhere...

The Love Guru

Do you actually know it's there? As in seen it with your own eyes?
Be careful of reporting here say from bus drivers.
The golden rule of depot rumors is 90% of what you hear is bullshit and the other 10% just ain't true.

King of Buses

Quote from: The Love Guru on November 28, 2015, 11:55:08 AM
Do you actually know it's there? As in seen it with your own eyes?
Be careful of reporting here say from bus drivers.
The golden rule of depot rumors is 90% of what you hear is bullshit and the other 10% just ain't true.

I saw a new scania in the workshops  without a rack. I couldn't read the fleet no.

Not sure if it has been reported, but as expected, 585 is at B now

Barry Drive

That's fairly flimsy evidence. If you'd actually seen the fleet number (or if someone else also reported it), then it would be different.

Could just as easily be a Scania which was towed back to the depot.

587 has been shown as delivered on the wiki for now, but need a confirmed sighting next week for it to stay that way.

King of Buses

587 definitely here now.
588 and 589 delivered to Tuggeranong today.

Barry Drive

589 has been confirmed from another source. 588 hasn't been.

And 587 did arrive last week (or else it emerged from hiding).

King of Buses

590 has arrived. 588 definitely there too. Both at Tuggeranong.

King of Buses

588 is in service.589 is too but that's been out for at least a few days.

King of Buses

King of Buses

Barry Drive

For anyone who hasn't been paying attention - all up to 597 now in service; 598 & 599 are delivered.

Only a further 16 to come (all expected this year).

Sylvan Loves Buses

nice, I caught 596 the other day, so I've noticed the deliveries are going much quicker than I thought planned.

It's still 77 buses right?

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on May 20, 2016, 04:14:57 AM
nice, I caught 596 the other day, so I've noticed the deliveries are going much quicker than I thought planned.

It's still 77 buses right?

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 19, 2016, 08:57:19 PM
For anyone who hasn't been paying attention - all up to 597 now in service; 598 & 599 are delivered.

Only a further 16 to come (all expected this year).

539 to 599 is 61 buses.
Add 16 more means 77 buses.

And yes, deliveries were originally meant to continue until this time next year thereabouts.

Barry Drive

Now corrected. 18 more to enter service, 16 more to be delivered.

As stated in another thread, contract was for deliveries to continue to June 2017. This has now been brought forward - last delivery is expected in November 2016, maybe.

Which I would think means an announcement in this year's budget of a new bus procurement - maybe 106* or so - taking us up to 2022, with 23 needed in 2017 in order to scrape into DDA target of 80% low floor.

* 106 will replace remaining Renaults and keep fleet at ~420. By 2022 replacement of Irisbuses and Scania L94s will need to commence.

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

And that's it for Belconnen. 598 is now in service operating from Tuggeranong Depot.

Which, once all are in service, will result in Belconnen having 39 and Tuggeranong with 38. At least until the contract is extended*.

(* just speculating - a contract extension might be the easier way to obtain the next 21 or so needed to meet the 2017 80% low floor deadline. Should know for sure by next Tuesday - Budget Day.)

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yay! got in first for once!

Saw 601 going down Athlon Drive about 2 hours ago, 601 is in!

Buzz Killington

Sylvan Loves Buses

How am I supposed to know that? I don't track the buses as closely as all of you do (even though I wish I could - for the past 20 years...)

Buzz Killington

http://www.actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?title=BUS_601_(2)

It was added to the Wiki two weeks and six days ago

(602, 603 and 604 are here too)

Busfanatic101

Possibly as in entered service?
I don't see any other reason it would be going down Athlon and I'm fairly sure (distant view) it was 601 operating a school run up athlon this morning

Buzz Killington

Possibly. But that wasn't clear from the post or reply.

Sylvan Loves Buses

go on, continue ruining my fun why don't you...

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on June 18, 2016, 04:48:53 AM
go on, continue ruining my fun why don't you...

I think you misinterpreted what he said. No one knew what "601 is in" meant and that's why he questioned you. He was not "ruining your fun".

I always check by the Fleetwiki before I report a bus in service because
Quote from: The Love Guru on July 14, 1974, 11:19:05 PM
old news isn't news at all.

Barry Drive

Having said all that, reports of bus deliveries and buses in service are encouraged. But additional "Yay! It's in" commentary is discouraged.

King of Buses

600 has a special sticker on the side advertising it being the "300th Easy Access Bus proudly built in Australia for ACTION."

There is 'badge' version next to the internal fleet number too.

Additionally, new deliveries (from 599 onwards at least) feature a slightly different design of Stop Buzzers.

Busfanatic101

What is the likelihood of their 300th bus coinciding with ACTION's fleet number 600? The likelihood of their 300th bus perfectly getting another _00 number in a totally unrelated fleet numbering system I think is very unlikely...

Barry Drive

300 only if you count 20 Irisbuses which were built for King Bros, and don't count 490 which WAS built to ACTION's spec.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Why was nothing like that ever done with the Renaults? or did they and I was just too young to remember?

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on June 19, 2016, 03:35:59 AM
Why was nothing like that ever done with the Renaults? or did they and I was just too young to remember?

There was actually the '200th Renault' which was 897. They held an event in celebration to mark this achievement.
See here for photos: http://www.actbus.net/gallery/index.php/tag/2490/200th+Renault

Buzz Killington

798 had a plaque too, being the 100th.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I would suppose that all the E6s are already delivered, but I'll just mention that I saw 612 for the first time this morning.

Also, is this a mistake? http://prntscr.com/chrr2o

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on September 14, 2016, 02:08:52 PM
I would suppose that all the E6s are already delivered, but I'll just mention that I saw 612 for the first time this morning.

No, they aren't, because no, it isn't (as far as current logical presumptions go).

Bus 400

That is correct, more Scania diesels are now expected next year. More than likely this thread title needs updating.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

I would suppose that all the E6s (sic) are already delivered, but I'll just mention that I saw 612 for the first time this morning.
All (known) bus deliveries and buses entering service are recorded on the Fleetwiki. As has been mentioned before.

UPDATE: This topic has now been modified to extend to 620 which will be the final K320UB delivered this year (2016).

The Love Guru

You can't educate stupid!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Busfanatic101

Can confirm 615 is now in service (marked expected in service on fleet wiki summary although marked entered service on the relevant page)

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on October 10, 2016, 05:19:09 PM
Can confirm 615 is now in service (marked expected in service on fleet wiki summary although marked entered service on the relevant page)

It entered service on Friday.

614, 616 and 617 are currently in the "preparing for service" phase.

Bus 400

With Bus 614 in service today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bus 400

Bus 616 is also out today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

King of Buses

617 was out on a charter today. Unsure if actually in regular service (or which depot the charter emanated from).

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: King of Buses on October 28, 2016, 08:34:06 PM
617 was out on a charter today. Unsure if actually in regular service (or which depot the charter emanated from).

Well it passed me in service this evening, took me by surprise actually.

Barry Drive

620 was delivered this week. It should be in service by the end of November.

That's the last bus in the current order - unless it has been extended again.

triumph

620 with destination indicating workshop road test passed through platform 2 Westfield Belconnen at 2.20pm today (10th Nov 16).

Barry Drive

620 was in service today.

So that's all, folks.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on November 13, 2014, 11:02:54 PM
Photographers from "a buses magazine" were at Tuggy Depot today in connection with a forthcoming article dealing with the relative emissions of a newly arrived Scania (557) and one of the oldies - Renault 891.

The "buses magazine" (Australasian Bus & Coach) also produced a VLOG / video review about the K320UB. Some of the statements are laughable (I LOLed, anyway).

Unless my eyes deceived me, BUS 614 now has all standard stickers on it (ACTION spec, not the new Transport Canberra spec). I'm sure I saw it yesterday and it was still naked then.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk