Anyone interested in ex-606?

Started by Buzz Killington, August 24, 2010, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be able to contribute, and if so, how much?

Yes - < $250
2 (33.3%)
Yes - $250 - $500
0 (0%)
Yes - $500 - $1000
2 (33.3%)
Yes - $1000 - $2000
0 (0%)
Yes - $2000 +
0 (0%)
No
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Buzz Killington

Thanks to "King of Buses" for the tip, Deanes Buslines are selling ex-ACTION BUS 606.

*  Ansair Body
* Wide Entry Door
* Automatic
* 42 seats

$6,000 + GST

Busnerd

Would be nice for someone to get one of these 'black cab' mercs. Since it is different from 661 in interior design. It seems in pretty good nick and recently repainted.

I think I have a spare desto glass and front vents if required by anyone :) Would be good if u guys wanted to buy this down there.

Buzz Killington

Deanes seem to have some pride in their fleet too, so I'd say it has been well looked after.

King of Buses

The only reason I looked was because I saw it and it looke alot like the shape of 661 so I thought It might be ex ACTION.

Buzz Killington

Here she is from her ACTION days:

ACT Bus Gallery / Photo by S Indyka

lukeo25

I might be interested if anyone else is, it would be good if we obtain it if we can't obtain any other ex action buses

The Love Guru

I'd be interested. Perhaps time for another poll Buzz, gauge interest.

The Love Guru

670 may still be available and is only $5k

CNG

I wouldn't mind buying it, might speak to deans about it

Busnerd

Yes 670 is still available, yet no one seems to want it?

The Love Guru

Well that might change, its more the issue of where to park it until it is old enough to get on vintage plates.

Simes

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 24, 2010, 06:17:26 PM
Deanes seem to have some pride in their fleet too, so I'd say it has been well looked after.
Also would have been mechanically looked after at Premier too

on the subject of Deanes - their Sydney mk2's, I know they've been withdrawn, but are they long gone?

Buzz Killington

Easiest way to find out is probably to give them a call. I'm not sure who provides their fleet info to ATDB these days.

CNG

I am thinking about buying it, however I wouldn't be able to restore it to action standards or drive it on public roads.

King of Buses

Quote from: CNG on September 14, 2010, 05:59:04 AM
I am thinking about buying it, however I wouldn't be able to restore it to action standards or drive it on public roads.
I might be able to help restore it partially.

Snorzac

Quote from: CNG on September 14, 2010, 05:59:04 AM
It is the ex Skirider Lodge Bus. I guarantee the reason it is been sold off is rust.

King of Buses

I think it went through conder today

Simes

I would suspect so, also, the rego is not transferrable (except to another operator)

CNG

I am going to contact deans as I may buy it for my own pleasure. However I am only thinking.