BUS 464 Launch

Started by Bus 400, March 16, 2010, 06:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

I noticed that Bus 464 has a different AM/FM radio & the seats are softer, with more padding compared to new MAN Buses.

Sir Pompously

Well of course the seats are softer and have more padding, they are bench seats and are a totally different type to the current seating found in the MAN's, Scania's and .3's.

Bus 400

I thought I might just add that WIN News asked a lady (whom I assume would of been the media contact for Mr Stanhope), if a standard bus could be parked next to 464 so that they could compare the lengths-Making a joke how so many buses are dead running.

Snorzac

the media comments about maintenance costs a very in-accurate as well. After hearing the cost of engine replacement for 306 this could be the amount of money they spend on the Irises every year.

The problem with these is that they are going to be hard to maintain. They go through rear tires like nothing else and with the quality of some drivers at ACTION as mentioned the rear corners are gonna cop it. It has already been to the paint shop once....

Busnerd

Yes, but the good thing being that the problem with the steer tags in sydney is that all companies who have them also have just normal 14.5's with lazy axles, some drivers may forget which type they are in and BANG...at least this is a whole new thing at ACTION and hopefully drivers are given correct training....

Heck, even i've driven a 14.5 and didn't hit anything, you just have to BE CAREFUL!

belcodriver

Quote from: Busn00b on March 16, 2010, 08:11:05 PM
Yes, but the good thing being that the problem with the steer tags in sydney is that all companies who have them also have just normal 14.5's with lazy axles, some drivers may forget which type they are in and BANG...at least this is a whole new thing at ACTION and hopefully drivers are given correct training....

Heck, even i've driven a 14.5 and didn't hit anything, you just have to BE CAREFUL!

A lazy axle is one that lifts off the ground when the vehicle is unloaded. For example I saw a 5-axle concrete truck this morning with the rear wheels not touching the road. I've never seen a bus with a lazy axle. A rear axle that isn't powered is a tag axle, hence the term steer tag which you seem to be familiar with.