New fares from 1 July 2010

Started by Barry Drive, June 08, 2010, 11:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

As mentioned in the Budget topic, ACTION's fares are set to rise on 1 July 2010. Since there is no mention on the ACTION website nor in the media (Google didn't find anything), consider this a SCOOP for ACT Bus forum.

Single trip   Daily         Off-peak Daily  Faresaver 10  Weekly         Monthly      School Term
Adult4.007.604.6025.2028.2092.50
Concession2.003.801.7012.6014.1046.25
School Student   9.5062.20

The off-peak tickets will be renamed "off peak daily" instead of Shoppers Off Peak and Pensioner Off Peak and the Concession Off-peak will be valid for ALL concession types including students - they do not appear to be changing the fare determination.

p_stampy

I guess the price rise isn't as high as it was last time, but I just wish that some things were rounded up or down. Eg $25.20 for a 10 ride... why the 20c?  >:D

Barry Drive

It's official. New fares have now been released onto ACTION's website.

http://www.action.act.gov.au/new_fares.html

The Love Guru

Off peak daily should have went to $2.30. It is totally retarded to have an off peak all day ticket cheaper than a 1 way journey.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Chris_Guru on June 09, 2010, 01:48:08 PM
Off peak daily should have went to $2.30. It is totally retarded to have an off peak all day ticket cheaper than a 1 way journey.
Concession Off-peak daily, I assume you meant. Yes, the $2 concession fare is now effectively a peak-only fare. Can you imagine what it will be like to have to print out an off-peak for EVERY school student who pays cash in the afternoon?

What they should do is introduce a new "Seniors" off-peak fare (at $1.70) - as pre-purchase only - then make the concession off-peak fare half the price of the adult one. (If they can have separate "student" tickets, then they can do the same for seniors.) Or even perhaps introduce free off-peak travel for seniors (as other cities do).

King of Buses

Shouldn't ACTION leave them as they are because they are getting a new ticketing system soon.
So Whats the point

Sir Pompously

So because they are getting a new ticketing system they shouldn't put up fares? Makes no sense, infact because they are getting a new ticketing system I expect the fare to rise a little even if before. The current fares can follow on to the new system.

Bus 400

I've been noticing that the Belconnen Depot buses either have had the July 2009 fare stcikers removed or have had them replaced with the July 2010 fare stickers. So Far this has only been buses on the weekend.

I haven't noticed any changed to Tuggeranong Depot buses.

Irisbus Rider

The first stickers were sighted early in the week. Buses which visit the workshops will have their stickers replaced.

CNG

Quote from: p_stampy on June 09, 2010, 06:29:04 AM
I guess the price rise isn't as high as it was last time, but I just wish that some things were rounded up or down. Eg $25.20 for a 10 ride... why the 20c?  >:D
Something to do with GST and that.

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on June 08, 2010, 11:58:58 PM

The off-peak tickets will be renamed "off peak daily" instead of Shoppers Off Peak and Pensioner Off Peak and the Concession Off-peak will be valid for ALL concession types including students - they do not appear to be changing the fare determination.

This may be the case, but my "Adult Off Peak"ticket, till had "Shoppers Off Peak"printed on the card. I did get a confusing look from the driver when I asked for it (but that could of just been my charm).

smitho

The "Shoppers" descriptor has been a good handle to distinguish them from pension / concession off peaks....many concession people simply say "off peak"....