Wham Pram Thankyou Ma'am

Started by Snorzac, February 25, 2009, 09:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Mat, read the post, our usual driver was sitting behind some other driver telling everyone at the front to get off so some stupid pram could get off, this is at 7 in the morning

Buzz Killington

the pram has as much right to be on the bus as everyone else. the time of day is irrelevant.

Snorzac

It should be folded as a poor blind lady had to stand because of it, it is the only seat she can get in with her guide dog. The normal driver was obviously not on his way home is the point I am trying to make.

Buzz Killington

surely there was room for the pram on one side of the bus, and the lady and her guide dog on the other?

and if not, then anyone could have - and should have - given up a seat for the lady. I know I would, and if i was standing I would be disgusted if nobody gave up a seat for her.

Snorzac

Yep, I was standing disgusted that there was a pram there, the other wheelchair bay was been put to it's actual use, a wheelchair believe it or not.

Snorzac

we are a bit off topic maybe we should move this to a new thread

Sir Pompously

As per the new signage inboard the buses, I do believe it states a pram must be folded and stowed in the luggage rack. I am on my iPod so I can't move and merge (without deleting something by accident), Ryan should be able to though.

Buzz Killington

Discussion split from 'What Bus' as requested..

Bus 400

On the wheelchair buses, they are allowed to push them in, but as far as I am aware, they have to fold it up if wheelchair people need to use the bays. Which I would classify a blind person at.

Busnerd

The general way it works is,

It is allowed on, however if the bus is full, or if the wheelchair bay is required for a wheelchair or disabled persons they must give up the area and fold up the pram.

Snorzac

I believe the sign actually says that they need to be folded full stop

The Love Guru

There are 2 different signs, 1 lot for the low floors, a different one for the rest.

Bus 400

& the low floors let mummies & daddies push the pram on. But on those old buses mummy & daddy have to fold the pram up.

Irisbus Rider

Obviously.

Most of the time, they don't fold it up with stairs either.

Snorzac

The Love Guru