Open days

Started by Swagman, April 05, 2018, 08:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swagman

Would anyone be able to tell me if there is ever an 'open day' at one or both main depots? I see the Airport are having an 'open day' on Sunday and in the past I've seen 'open days' at the Snowy Chopper, the local Fire/ Ambo place etc but never seen anything about the Bus Depots? Has there ever been one or plans for one?

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Swagman on April 05, 2018, 08:11:38 AM
Would anyone be able to tell me if there is ever an 'open day' at one or both main depots? I see the Airport are having an 'open day' on Sunday and in the past I've seen 'open days' at the Snowy Chopper, the local Fire/ Ambo place etc but never seen anything about the Bus Depots? Has there ever been one or plans for one?
Belco had one scheduled as part of a larger event in the area (I think to do with the decommissioning of a local fire station??) last year or the year before but the whole event was cancelled due to heavy rain. ACTION said they intended to reschedule but haven't heard anything since

Sylvan Loves Buses

And before that there was the open day tours at both for the 80th anniversary. Since then nothing, and no word.

Buzz Killington

I went to one in about 1998 or 99 at Tuggers Depot. You could just wander around the sheds as you pleased. Good times.

Busnerd

I recall going to one at Belconnen in 2004-7 (forget what year, just remember there being irisbuses there)

Barry Drive

11 March 2006. Bus 315 was on display in the carpark outside Belconnen Depot.

Tuggeranong Depot was also open on the same day.

IIRC that was the last open day.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yeah, I forgot what year it was too. I do remember both depots were open for hour tours at 11am, 12pm and 1pm, and at Tuggeranong we were taken around in an artic. I also remember seeing the 313 pass the depot just before the tour (which was running slightly late) ended - of which was the last chance to make the 1pm Belconnen tour.  :'(
That's why I'm so disappointed about the Belconnen open day thing, cause I really wanted to get to see the inside of B Depot too, like everyone else.

Although I was very lucky, cause a family who was there too asked the TC officers going in with their patrol van and although they were reluctant, they let the family and myself in just to see the inside quickly (from within the patrol van). There's not much really to see from what I've already seen from outside the fence and in photos though, it was pretty much the same just from a different angle - the big highlight would've been to see the inside of the workshop, but yeh. I did actually see 113 sitting in the shelter at the end being prepared for the RATEC tour, looking nice and shiny for the tour >:D

Snorzac

Just so all is clear and credit is given where it is due, the Belco50 tour in 113 was done under the ACT Bus banner in conjunction with Belconnen Community Council and Transport Canberra, RATEC had no part in the planning or running of that tour.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Snorzac on April 07, 2018, 10:13:39 AM
RATEC had no part in the planning or running of that tour.

Probably because it relates to transport and not lunch.

Busnerd

Sylvan Loves Buses

Alright, I'm sorry...

BCC/TC-run-"RATEC-fundraiser-for-bus-400-even-though-it's-not-being-spent-on-it" tour...

Bus 400

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on April 07, 2018, 09:02:28 PM
Alright, I'm sorry...

BCC/TC-run-"RATEC-fundraiser-for-bus-400-even-though-it's-not-being-spent-on-it" tour...
When was this fundraiser for me?

It is less than 10 years til the actual Bus 400 is being retired from service.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk