Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: MyWay+ implementation
Last post by Barry Drive - Today at 10:50:40 AM
The new "BDC" basically replaces the NXTBUS console - since the system doesn't issue paper tickets, there's no need for a console with an inbuilt printer.

I'm assuming one of the purposes of the MyWay+ "demonstration" is to test (and calibrate) the real time / tracking functions. It would make sense to also test if it reports correctly on apps, but that wouldn't be a high priority yet.
Fleet / Re: Renaults a go go: the fina...
Last post by L94UBbusfan - Yesterday at 06:51:56 PM
Quote from: triumph on May 10, 2024, 07:00:49 PMCharging facilities?

That too

We probably will need another topic for L94 retirements at some point too, they seem to be filling up the Renault retirement topic (I probably started that, sorry)

However 697 is according to fleetwiki "not currently in service". Anyone know what's going on with this bus?

Geez at this rate, Tuggeranong is gonna run out of buses lol. I wonder how far away the Scania's are, because we need them ASAP
Last post by Bus 400 - May 11, 2024, 10:12:57 AM
Definitely a skinnier BDC. 

I wonder if the buses on the new system will show up on the real-time apps. 

I assume the data feed will be different between the 2.
Last post by triumph - May 10, 2024, 07:00:49 PM
Quote from: L94UBbusfan on May 10, 2024, 04:44:53 PM......
Depends on just how many L94s are retired before mass Yutong deliveries arrive.

Charging facilities? If I have understood it properly, this is dependent on new Woden Depot completion.
Last post by L94UBbusfan - May 10, 2024, 04:44:53 PM
TC should send the new Scania's, which would have otherwise been replacing the Irisbuses, to Tuggeranong to cover for L94s being retired once the Belconnen Renaults are retired. Then once there are enough Yutongs in the fleet, TC can send the Scania's back to Belconnen to replace the Irisbuses.

Depends on just how many L94s are retired before mass Yutong deliveries arrive.
Last post by Barry Drive - May 10, 2024, 10:32:03 AM
Quote from: triumph on May 10, 2024, 12:22:36 AMDoes that imply they will be using Belconnen facilities and consequently the Elements are a long way from service?
It certainly looks that way.

My guess is they brought forward some Yutongs due to the continued **whatever** fault with the Elements.

Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses - May 10, 2024, 08:43:00 AM
Damn, gas buses going before the last of the Renault's and some Irises, who'da thunk it.

Here's a snippet of the other photos I took, I'm sending them to Barry Drive for gallery consideration.

Last post by triumph - May 10, 2024, 12:22:36 AM
Quote from: Barry Drive on May 09, 2024, 01:47:19 PMThere are two new Yutongs fitted only with the new ticketing system.

As has been announced, these will be used in regular service, and there will be 4 in total.

So that's potentially 4 more Renaults to be withdrawn shortly.

It is becoming more and more confusing and contradictory. Charging capability was said not to be enough for the new Yutongs. Does that imply they will be using Belconnen facilities and consequently the Elements are a long way from service? If the withdrawal of gas buses can be covered, how come the Renaults were not gone sooner? At present it seems to strictly be each time a new bus is about in service. Gas buses had new floors not long before gas cylinder expiry (are any still away? Has 693 been returned from major repair? If there were updates, I have missed them. (Many contradictions and/or incorrect assumptions - for example is it actually factual that the gas buses are permanently withdrawn?
Out of all this, it does appear that either forward planning is severely disrupted by external factors or some last minute panics might be happening (or both?).
Last post by L94UBbusfan - May 09, 2024, 07:15:28 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I would guess 814 and 815 when they are delivered. Could also be 2 of the new Scanias.
Last post by triumph - May 09, 2024, 06:41:48 PM
From images 812 and 813 are two of the planned four MyWay+ demo buses. Wonder which are the other two?