Network 18 timing bus sightings

Started by Bus 503, May 02, 2018, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 503

Sighted Bus 920 and 924 (could have been 923, I don't remember) this morning near the City. 920 had "Not in service" on the desto.

Busfanatic101

And 921 was parked at Woden Bus Station this morning with not on service displayed. It didn't have the learner training thing hanging off the back as far as I could see.

Busfanatic101

Got a glimpse of the side of a flipdot PR2, if I saw correctly 920 come past. It stopped and it appeared someone got off but it wasn't the real 65 or 67. Not sure what it was doing, though I'm also fairly sure it has CE on the side in which case why it stopped I'm not sure. Sorry it's all really vague, sudden unexpected glimpse in dying light.

Busnerd

Hardly of any interest. Buses are quite often not in service, specialing to different places, perhaps they dropped off a staff member on their way somewhere or a friend perhaps.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Busnerd on May 07, 2018, 07:51:39 PM
Hardly of any interest. Buses are quite often not in service, specialing to different places, perhaps they dropped off a staff member on their way somewhere or a friend perhaps.
Except it's bus 920 or another flipdot bus which shouldn't be in active service.

Snorzac

920 was out on the weekend doing timings for the new network I believe, it was most likely more of the same

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Snorzac on May 08, 2018, 08:12:31 AM
920 was out on the weekend doing timings for the new network I believe, it was most likely more of the same
Thanks, that's good to know, especially that I'm still likely to have buses coming past in Network 18.

Bus 503

923 came through the City just before 8:00am today with "CE" on the side desto. Noticed it had no MyWay reader at the rear door.

Quote from: Snorzac on May 08, 2018, 08:12:31 AM

I hope they do weekday timings on weekdays during peak hour so to better replicate timings on an average week day. Some timings are way out at the moment.

Barry Drive

What do you think 923 was doing at 8am if not peak hour timings?

Barry Drive

Now that it has been established that 920 921 923 & 924 have been performing timings in recent weeks, this particular thread has been split and moved.

(It is possible that 923 & 924 were extracted from Fyshwick solely for this purpose since it required extra buses during peak.)

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well I know of a route that's gonna be part of the new network. Saw 913 yesterday pulling into the setdown in Woden after doing a '84 Weston Loop' which was then followed by a 749 to Belconnen - really wanted to get it as it's a bus I haven't yet ridden this year but wasn't going my way :-\.
So it's not just the 920's, it's whatever's available apparently - whatever's available to waste more millions of tax dollars on fuel and maintenance.

Quote from: Barry DriveIt is possible that 923 & 924 were extracted from Fyshwick solely for this purpose...

I thought these buses were trainer buses, what would they be doing in the graveyard if not being decommissioned? And so, if they're on the roads again, is there a possible chance that we'd be able to ride them given they're not the only ones doing this proven by 913 yesterday? any thoughts?

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on May 10, 2018, 10:16:43 AM
Well I know of a route that's gonna be part of the new network. Saw 913 yesterday pulling into the setdown in Woden after doing a '84 Weston Loop' which was then followed by a 749 to Belconnen

Sounds more like a case of desto shenanigans to me given the number 84 when it was last used was a "Weston Loop" IIRC.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on May 10, 2018, 10:16:43 AM
Well I know of a route that's gonna be part of the new network. Saw 913 yesterday pulling into the setdown in Woden after doing a '84 Weston Loop' which was then followed by a 749 to Belconnen - really wanted to get it as it's a bus I haven't yet ridden this year but wasn't going my way :-\ .
Quote from: King of Buses on May 10, 2018, 10:36:38 AM
Sounds more like a case of desto shenanigans to me given the number 84 when it was last used was a "Weston Loop" IIRC.

84 was last used as Fadden Loop in the Christmas network.

There is a PR2 shift at Woden which always has 84 (Fadden Loop) up between runs. That is probably what you saw, rather than a bus doing timings. Perhaps 913 missed out on the Christmas network desto update, although we can't rule out it having had an update for network 18.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 10, 2018, 12:06:07 PM
... we can't rule out it having had an update for network 18.
I think that's the one thing we can rule out.