Hunter Rail Cars

Started by Busnerd, December 03, 2007, 12:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

On Saturday, Constantly Leighking and myself headed up to Maitland to ride the hunter rail cars. They are very nice, my only complaint is the seat backs are a bit hard, and obviously, no real luggage space, but anyway here are some photos we took of them on the day.

Hunter Rail Car Departing Maitland For Tellarah

Hunter Rail Car Departing Hamilton For Dungog?

Hunter Rail Car Departing Hamilton For Newcastle?

Interior Of Rail Car

"Thanks For Viewing"

O305

Why would they need luggage space? Newcastle-Telarah is like a suburban line, in Newcastle, not an intercity line. If you think trains on that route need luggage space then so would every train in Sydney etc...

Did you go on the Endeavours there? Now they are awful.

Busnerd

Good point I suppose, it's mainly the services between Central and Newcastle that need luggage space and they have that. But still, quite a few people get off that train and still need to go as far as Scone or Dungog and may still have luggage from Sydney, so they do need a little bit more as you can only fit about 4 suitcases on the whole train, so maybe add a few more racks to fit 4 bags in each one.

I didn't go on an endevour, I wouldn't mind comparing it to the Canberra Explorer but maybe next time I can, and yeah it doesn't look that great.

And oscar, you might be interested, we saw an OSCar at the Broadmeadow yard. (I think it was Broadmeadow)

Constantly Leighking

Quote from: O305 on December 04, 2007, 04:53:11 PM
Why would they need luggage space? Newcastle-Telarah is like a suburban line, in Newcastle, not an intercity line. If you think trains on that route need luggage space then so would every train in Sydney etc...

Newcastle - Telarah may be like a suburban line service but these trains are designed for both the Newcastle - Telarah services and the long hauls from Newcastle - Scone/Dungog. I have actually seen the luggage racks being used on these trains before.

Sir Pompously

Well, the lines in the Hunter from Newcastle to Dungog and Newcastle to Scone are classed as Regional service, not suburban or suburban like and far from it. Luggage space is something CityRail do not think much about, especially on lines such as the Airport Line (Even though it shares with the East Hills line), and personally, racks placed at Carriage End or above seating would suffice in these Hunter Carriages. The Endeavours have luggage racks above the seats, and are hunks of junk compared with the Hunter. I liked the old 620/720's when they were around, they had some character but alas their long life was finally ended!

Nice Photos Mat, especially the second

Busnerd

Quote from: Todd Milton on December 05, 2007, 10:39:59 PM
Nice Photos Mat, especially the second
lol, thanks, but only the top photo is mine  :P

Sir Pompously

Ah me sees copyright now. Todd did not sight correctly. Ok, bye

Busnerd

Thanks mate todd for chat. ok bye now. Christmas merry.

Irisbus Rider

Very nice work there, from both of you. I'm yet to experience these trains first hand, but I've only heard good things about it.

Nice photos again :)