Started by Barry Drive, January 25, 2022, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

narc855

Bradley Street (Woden Interchange)

Sylvan Loves Buses

vnguyen

triumph

The section of Coppins Crossing Road between the 2 sections of John Gorton Drive seems eligible.
So, Coppins Crossing Dr, route 47

narc855

It's a road, not drive.

A temporary one, Well Station Drive

triumph

Quote from: narc855 on February 01, 2022, 12:42:40 PMIt's a road, not drive.

Yeah yeah, another typo. I know I am irritatingly good at that - some call them 'seniors moments'. I notice you didn't correct 'Victory' or 'Coppings' (Game 1) which were not in my posts.....

narc855

Quote from: triumph on February 01, 2022, 01:57:23 PMYeah yeah, another typo. I know I am irritatingly good at that - some call them 'seniors moments'. I notice you didn't correct 'Victory' or 'Coppings' (Game 1) which were not in my posts.....

Because I just posted next to your post... lol

Sylvan Loves Buses

vnguyen

narc855

triumph

Sylvan Loves Buses

vnguyen

narc855

Mcmichael Terrace, Denman Prospect

triumph

vnguyen

Sylvan Loves Buses

narc855

Jellicoe Street, Palmerston (route 23)

⚠️ Crace

vnguyen

triumph

Sylvan Loves Buses

Barry Drive

Just to get it out of the way:

Edgeworth Parade (Coombs).

Hopefully there are no more of these type of streets.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Given the way Canberra streets are designed and how I found one in Forrest, I'm sure there's plenty of others that have been created before Coombs.

vnguyen

Sylvan Loves Buses

Donaldson Street, Braddon.

Prefer to wait for 2 others before posting again, hence why I didn't make one before.
Can we get a list yet please?

❌ Stop 0300 is serviced by 53 towards Dickson.

Penalty: wait for two valid answers

narc855

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 06, 2022, 03:03:41 PMGiven the way Canberra streets are designed and how I found one in Forrest, I'm sure there's plenty of others that have been created before Coombs.

That's why this game is more difficult...
Clarrie Hermes Drive

vnguyen

triumph

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 06, 2022, 02:10:42 PMJust to get it out of the way:

Can you elaborate on what the type is that it is hoped there are no more of.
Canberra has quite a few peculiarities such as streets that meet another street twice (common, and a pain in the neck when defining an intersection/junction for a feed back or accident report, etc) and even streets that intersect/junction with themselves. But I didn't see anything odd on the map about Edgeworth Pde..
There are also some rather unusual descriptors eg Scotts Crossing in the City. Crossing what??

triumph

Norse Rd (QCity route just inside ACT)

narc855

Allawoona Street (University of Canberra)

vnguyen

Mustang Avenue, Canberra Airport

triumph

narc855

Get rid of this controversial one.
Joynton Smith Drive, Belconnen

❌ unless I'm missing something: that's a no

Penalty: wait two valid answers

narc855

Okay I was cheated by Anytrip...

I can't insert a photo but the Cohen Street between Lathlain St and Benjamin Way shows Joynton Smith Drive on Anytrip.
(not the orginal controversial point I think, actually thinks about Belconnen Community Station but anyway)

triumph

Quote from: narc855 on February 08, 2022, 08:10:23 PMOkay I was cheated by Anytrip...

I can't insert a photo but the Cohen Street between Lathlain St and Benjamin Way shows Joynton Smith Drive on Anytrip.
(not the orginal controversial point I think, actually thinks about Belconnen Community Station but anyway)

Anytrip must be years and years out of date. If I recall correctly Joynton Smith it was before the Mall was extended and the Westfield Stop developed as part of the Mall works. Relying on a single non-official site like Anytrip, and even Google or Wikipedia, without corroboration is always a risk. Though both Google and Wikipedia are a good bit more reliable than some others. These games have exposed shortcomings though across the board, even in some official sites.

Northside

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 06, 2022, 02:10:42 PMJust to get it out of the way:

Are you sure about that one? If you have a look at the street signs it seems to indicate Edgeworth Pde starts from the western side of Fred Daly, whereas the street sign for Annabelle view continues through the eastern side of Fred Daly. I can see that Google maps says the median between Fred Daly is Edgeworth, but I think that's not quite accurate.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 06, 2022, 05:15:40 PM❌ Stop 0300 is serviced by 53 towards Dickson.
Ffs, that's the last time I use Google maps for this stuff. Having bus stops appear at different zoom levels is stupid.

Quote from: narc855Joynton Smith Drive, Belconnen... shows Joynton Smith Drive on Anytrip
It shows the stops that were used back when the 41 or whichever it was use to run Emu Bank alongthe the foreshore. It'll only show them as blue squares now and outlined buses when zoomed right in. It certainly isn't correct for usage at the moment (unless there's a detour I'm unaware of).

Quote from: narc855 on February 06, 2022, 06:37:35 PMThat's why this game is more difficult...
For a time it was fun, but now it is yeah. Time to start checking timetables I thnk.

Dugong Way, Throsby.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Northside on February 08, 2022, 11:14:18 PMI can see that Google maps says the median between Fred Daly is Edgeworth, but I think that's not quite accurate.
It is. I actually checked this before posting.

Quote from: triumph on February 07, 2022, 02:39:20 PMThere are also some rather unusual descriptors eg Scotts Crossing in the City. Crossing what??
Lennox Crossing was a crossing of Molonglo River from the hospital to Commonwealth Avenue - it still exists but only as far as the National Museum.

Nothing remains of the original Scotts Crossing - it crossed the river and ran from the bottom of Anzac Parade to King Edward Terrace near what is now NGA. Scotts Crossing in the City is named to commemorate this road.

Anyway, back on topic: Flynn Place

narc855

Northside

Currently, Gordon St, Acton

triumph

vnguyen

Spitfire Avenue, Canberra Airport

narc855

Surprisingly not so many left.
Mead Street, Chisholm

triumph

Vernon Circle, City (TrainLink coach services)

Sylvan Loves Buses

Goldstein Crescent, Chisholm.

narc855

vnguyen

Mildura St, Kingston/Fyshwick

⚠️ Griffith / Kingston, actually

triumph

Parkes Way (TrainLink services)

narc855

Benjamin Way, Belconnen

✅ used by 843 to/from Yass