MAN Purchase and Deliveries

Started by Bus 400, January 10, 2009, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

The front fleet numbers have been removed from Bus 417, it is still (from what I could see) the only bus at Woden Depot with the bit sticking out the front of the bus to attach the bike rack to.

Barry Drive

414 has now moved to Belco workshops.

Barry Drive

MAN
And 415 + 416 have joined it. How long before one of these (413, 414, 415, 416) make it into service?

King of Buses

Saw 390 on a 319 with either 410, 411 or 412 the other day.

Barry Drive

King of Buses

410,411 or 412 were following 390 for some reason

Snorzac

apparently 413 has had a door removed.... seems ACTION are cannibalizing the newer ones to keep the older ones going

Barry Drive

There has been some movement - 413 is in the workshops (ticket machine ? front door ?) as is 416 (bike rack ?).

lukeo25

noticed 412 operating a 27 then a 2 this evening in woden

CNG

Quote from: Stacka on May 30, 2010, 07:48:05 AM
apparently 413 has had a door removed.... seems ACTION are cannibalizing the newer ones to keep the older ones going
Why would they remove a door?, that is madness

Snorzac

well if a door is broken they have to order it from Sydney, so they take the door off another bus (not in service) put it on the in service bus and then when the door arrives it goes on the bus the door was taken on.

CNG

I thought you meant they were doing a simmalar scheme to the Irisbuses one door layout

King of Buses

I saw a lot of MAN Euro 5's on 18/19/318/319.
I remember 403 and 406 but there were definately more.

Barry Drive

417 has joined his brothers at B depot workshops. Still no sign of any new ones on the road, but it can't be much longer.

The Love Guru

I think you will find that buses are female! She has joined her sisters!

Do they whinge n bitch a bit? :P

Bus 400

I may of only caught a glimpse tonight, but can anyone confirm is any other MAN's entered service for the first time today? All I saw was 41* & it didn't like a 0,1 or 2.

Snorzac

410 has been in the workshops for a while, 412 is there as well so you might have seen 413 in service, if so it is the first for almost a month...

Bus 400

Bus 427 arrived at Woden Depot this week.

Snorzac

Bus 400

Once the Reanult's are decommissioned, would the radios striped out of them be used in the new buses? Also once the new tnew ticket system is up & running could that speed up the new buses being in service?

belcodriver

Almost certainly and probably.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 15, 2010, 10:03:53 PM
Once the Reanult's are decommissioned, would the radios striped out of them be used in the new buses? Also once the new tnew ticket system is up & running could that speed up the new buses being in service?

As I think I have mentioned before, I found it odd that they didn't just decommission a few Renaults now in order to use radios/wayfarers in the MANs that are supposedly replacing some of them.

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, it does make you wonder when high floor, unreliable, unairconditioned vehicles which are over 22 years old are still running around, when brand new MANs are sitting in a makeshift depot, gathering dust.

A simple solution would be one which you have raised, Buzz. The question is, why this hasn't been done yet.

Sir Pompously

Well, does ACTION have enough vehicles in service to take one out to take out the radio before it gets replaced by a new vehicle? As to take out the radio, it will need to be installed in the other vehicle which would take a good day or two, depending on when it can be installed by the installer.

Buzz Killington

There's plenty of Renaults in the depots over the weekends. Pay some OT for the installations and get these new buses out in service!

Bus 400

Bus 414 was in service tonight on a 28.

Barry Drive

418 has now been transferred to B depot.

Barry Drive

Just when I update the Fleet summary: 420 has been transferred to B depot. Presumably, 760 is now at Woden.

Buzz Killington

I'll see if I can spot it next time I go past.. Possibly tomorrow, more likely Saturday.

King of Buses

415 is in service. Saw it on an 80 on Monday.

Bus 400

Spotted 418 in service this afternoon.

Snorzac

Interesting, they have been going in numeric order until now...

Snorzac

419 is currently doing an on road test, it looks ready for service except for ticket machine

Bus 400

I wonder what is up with Buses 416 & 417?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Both Metrobus and myself have seen 417 in service today.

Snorzac

'MyWay' reports 419 is in service

Bus 400

Also spotted by me tonight. I still wonder about 416?

Snorzac

416 is apparently almost ready, as is 420

smitho

Saw 419 in service through Curtin on a northbound No 2 at around 1700 this afternoon.

421 was on the bricks @ Tuggeranong for many weeks (months?) but has gone from there in recent times...

Snorzac

I dare say 416 entered service today, the mechanics had it out this morning, it was fitted with ticketing equipment, etc.

Bidgee

Noticed a CC "CB60 EvoII" bodied MAN passing though Wagga this afternoon (1:20ish), pity I didn't have the camera ready!

Snorzac

Well I was wrong about the possible CB80 production, I dare say it was 428

Busnerd

The first CB80 will be going to Hoppies in Sydney FYI

Barry Drive

Both 428 & 429 recently arrived at Woden depot.

Barry Drive

416 is still not in service but it's possible that 420 is. Will confirm later.

Snorzac

As reported by both Martin and myself on Twitter, 416 is now in service, the latest from Martin is that 763 is a withdrawal, only 764 and it is on to the tuggies buses

belcodriver

Quote from: Metrobus on August 09, 2010, 09:50:27 PM
...only 764 and it is on to the tuggies buses

Can anyone translate this into English?

Barry Drive

... only 764 left to be withdrawn from B depot then buses will start being withdrawn from T depot. Which will probably mean more MkIIs will have to be transferred from B to T.

Buzz Killington

Thanks to Metrobus and MyWay, 420 has entered service and 430 has arrived at Woden.

Buzz Killington

The Canberra Times reporting today that "more than twelve" new buses are currently sitting unused in Woden Depot despite services being canceled daily due to bus shortages.

Acting GM James Roncon quoted as saying he was unaware that there were unused new buses at Woden.