Fleet List Move

Started by Buzz Killington, June 20, 2010, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

The ACTION Fleet List has moved, and can now be found on the Wiki at the following link:

http://actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?title=ACTION_Fleet_List

Feedback welcomed.

CNG

yeah that is such a huge improvement, it is now alot easier looking up little facts about a particular bus i.e 963, rather than going into the wiki having to type the fleet number etc etc. Cheers Buzz and all the team

Buzz Killington

In order to feature more comprehensive fleet information, I'd like to outline our (in progress) changes to the Fleet Lists featured on ACT Bus

ACTION Fleet Summary
Formerly known as the ACTION Fleet List, this is the basic summary of what vehicles ACTION has, and where they are allocated.

ACTION Fleet List - Current
Currently under construction, it is a listing of all vehicles, with their chassis, VIN, body information, seating and depot allocation noted. Each bus listed is linked to its individual article to allow quick access for further information.

ACTION Fleet List - Disposals
Coming soon, this will feature the same information as the current fleet list does. The aim is to consolidate all information on former vehicles into one handy list.

Feedback is welcomed as always.

CNG

just a tip the SNT buses should be included aswell.

Buzz Killington

smitho

Looks great - just one query....I'm sure I had 870 from Tuggy Depot one afternoon last week. May be it is a recent transfer. I'll try and confirm that for you.

Curious about reference to 754 now being permanently at TISC - it used to take turns with 752 as the TISC bus, altrhough I have noticed 752 being around Tuggy Depot a lot more of late.

Sir Pompously

754 has been said to now have large stickers on the front and rear with Driver Under Instruction.

smitho

But aren't those stickers just the removeable magnetic thingos they've had for years - that they just put them on any bus as required?; they're also using them on the steer tag buses during driver training sessions as I recall.

(There is a separate version of these magnetic stickers with an L for learner incorporated into it - they are used by TISC and ACTION if the driver has not yet attained either the Medium Rigid or Heavy Rigid licence endorsement).

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on June 22, 2010, 11:50:26 AM
Looks great - just one query....I'm sure I had 870 from Tuggy Depot one afternoon last week. May be it is a recent transfer. I'll try and confirm that for you.
Please do. It's quite possible that it has moved - I don't recall seeing it at B depot recently. Also, please keep on eye out for possible withdrawals of buses. Although apart from 752, Belconnen has all the oldest MkIs up to 764.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: smitho on June 22, 2010, 12:26:57 PM
But aren't those stickers just the removeable magnetic thingos they've had for years - that they just put them on any bus as required?; they're also using them on the steer tag buses during driver training sessions as I recall.

(There is a separate version of these magnetic stickers with an L for learner incorporated into it - they are used by TISC and ACTION if the driver has not yet attained either the Medium Rigid or Heavy Rigid licence endorsement).

I have always seen a sign in the front and rear window window, never any stickers/magnetic sign on the outside. Apparently these are large, stuck to the front and rear panels.

Buzz Killington

I've seen the large magnetic ones on the front and rear panels used in the past.

Sir Pompously

Well there you go, in all my time I have never seen a bus with them on.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on June 22, 2010, 11:50:26 AM
Curious about reference to 754 now being permanently at TISC - it used to take turns with 752 as the TISC bus, altrhough I have noticed 752 being around Tuggy Depot a lot more of late.

I got to drive past TISC for work today & had a look over at TISC, but I only saw trucks & trailers. But Bus 754 could of been in the shed after that previous altercation out at TISC.......

Buzz Killington

I spotted 752 on route service this morning.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 21, 2010, 07:54:43 PM
ACTION Fleet List - Current
Currently under construction, it is a listing of all vehicles, with their chassis, VIN, body information, seating and depot allocation noted. Each bus listed is linked to its individual article to allow quick access for further information.

This page has now been completed and is located here: http://www.actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?title=ACTION_Fleet_-_Current

Barry Drive

With Buzz's help, the Fleet Summary now includes counts and icons for Bike Rack buses and Accessible buses. It is likely that the counts aren't correct, so if you do notice a mistake please PM me or post it here.

It is not easy keeping a accurate record of which PR100.2 Mk2s have bike racks, which is why it may not be correct.

Also, 870 has not been moved since it has not been confirmed (although it is quite possible).