'Lathlain Station Unsafe' - RiotACT User

Started by Buzz Killington, October 26, 2009, 08:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Posted by 'MrMagoo' at RiotACT Today. Thought I'd quote it here:

QuoteHad a pretty nasty experience today at the Belconnen Bus Station on Lathlain St. Was pushing the pram with my youngest and some shopping and shortly after I cross the road near magnet mart to wait at the station, a guy yelled at me to say that I had stolen his money. When I asked him what he was talking about he said that I had stopped at the seat up there and taken his $12 off the bench.

Needless to say I hadn't and I tried to tell this bloke that pushing a pram and having a pretty serious vision impairment would render me pretty useless in the petty theft dept.

He seemed kind of convinced, but ten minutes later he came screaming back at me, this time threatening me and abusing me in front of not only my child but several witnesses.

He claimed that the girls over there had said I'd taken his money. He got quiet agitated and I was reasonably intimidated at this time. I gave him money to get him away from me and my son and then asked the driver of the bus that had just pulled up to call the police.

Several people were witness to this, including one guy who gave me some money to give to this guy to try and get rid of him. The bus driver called base and shortly after some ACTION guys arrive, but by this time I had gotten the hell out of there on my own bus.

Two young guys took the pram and my shopping while I looked after my little fella. To those two guys, thanks so much.

Subsequently I've reported the incident to police and spoken with ACTION. There is of course no cctv at the temporary bus station and the guy legged it pretty soon after he saw the ACTION blokes arrive.

Folks it isn't even safe to be at the Bus Station in the middle of the day. I'm not scared easily but I was today and let this be a warning to anyone and everyone, don't be there alone even in broad daylight.

http://the-riotact.com/?p=15024

Snorzac

Sir Pompously

Who would leave $12 on a bench anyway?

I much prefer the openess of the Bus Stations (Apart from the lack of shelter) so you can escape from people like this.

Snorzac

yep, totally agree.
There is of course no cctv at the temporary bus station a=

EPIC FAIL! There are many CCTV cameras

Bus 400

You could accidentally leave a note denomination on a bench, but nothing else.