Flemington Rd bus stop near Wells Station Rd

Started by smitho, May 11, 2010, 06:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Since resuming Redex this week, I've noticed that on the newly opened western Flemington Rd carriageway through the Franklin area (the old eastern carriageway is now closed and is being ripped up), there is a new bus stop bay in the northbound direction at the Wells Station Rd junction.

It is not a Redex stop and doesn't even have a yellow sign - just 'Bus Stop' painted on the road surface. I assume it is not yet in use.

Am I right in recalling that there was no bus stop in this vicinity when the old carriageway was in use?

Barry Drive

Once the Flemington Road works are complete, you will see MANY additional bus bays.
BTW, it is Well Station Drive.

smitho

Yes, in fact on the new Flemington Rd carriageway, I've noticed two or three other new bus stop bays north of Harrison, plus several sets of new, non-operational traffic lights.

So the days of fairly unhindered travel down Flemington Rd are numbered! I'm glad I've had the opportunity to drive Redex services while its been a comparatively easy run down Flemington Rd, despite the road works. Why multiple sets of traffic lights have been installed in preference to roundabouts puzzles me.

Re "Well (s) Station Rd", official signage varies - some signs have the 's', others don't.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on May 12, 2010, 06:24:17 PM
Re "Well (s) Station Rd", official signage varies - some signs have the 's', others don't.
On Wells Station Road, perhaps. But Well Station Drive signage does not vary.

Bus 400

Irisbus Rider

Does anyone else think of this Simpsons excerpt whenever they see 'Well Station Drive'?
The Simpsons - Rapping Ronnie (Ronald) Reagan (Unofficial Full Version)
He sure does say well a lot :P