Flemington Road Busway Open To All Traffic (TAMS)

Started by Bus 400, August 18, 2010, 07:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

FLEMINGTON ROAD BUSWAY OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC
To improve traffic flow along Flemington Road the dedicated bus lane is now temporarily open to all
traffic, Tony Gill, Director of Roads ACT, announced today.
"In consideration of the recent closure on Barton Highway we have been looking at ways to assist the
flow of traffic on alternative routes," said Mr Gill
"To help improve Gungahlin to City traffic during the morning peak on Flemington Road the bus lane
is now open to use for all motorists.
"Bus lane signage has been covered to encourage people to utilise the bus lane."
Mr Gill said the department is monitoring the impacts of the changed traffic conditions on Barton
Highway and making adjustments wherever possible such as to traffic light sequencing.
For more information on alternative traffic arrangements visit www.tams.act.gov.au or call Canberra
Connect on 13 22 81.

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/200546/MR329_0810_Flemington_Road_busway_opened_to_all_traffic.pdf
http://www.action.act.gov.au/flemington_road_busway.html

Have a look at your internet tab when you click on the ACTION link.

smitho

A bloke with a spray can of black paint was covering over the Bus Lane signs on the road surface as I was doing Redex this am...

Traffic congestion on Flemington Rd was much reduced this am, even BEFORE they opened the bus lane to non-bus traffic.

Bus 400

In off peak times, it appears that not many know about this lane opening. The 'B' light at the Northbourne Avenue has also been turned off

Barry Drive

Bus 400

The only timetable I use is for the 56 & it states it as Northbourne Ave

Sir Pompously

Federal Higway is left of the Barton Highway, Northbourne Avenue is to the right of the Barton Highway, so ACTION are clearly incorrect in their timetable (So maybe use a map instead of the timetable for locations, as they are mostly wrong).

Barry Drive

Although some maps are also wrong.

I've noticed that the newspaper ad advising motorists about the Barton Highway closure suggest they use Wells Station Drive. Which doesn't exist (it's Well Station Drive now).