Adelaide Metro (September 2010)

Started by Bus 400, September 29, 2010, 09:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

I have uploaded my photos & they can all be found at http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/Bus400/Adelaide%20Metro/

When I get a chance, which won't be until the weekend I'll pick out a few photos.

smitho

Good photos there Metrobus...you certainly got around.

There was a feature in the 'Sunday Mail' of 12 Sep 10 titled "A Hotted-up Bus - It goes like the blazes and that's the problem".

It reports on an old Merc artic (Number 568) which is one of the O'Bahn fleet introduced in 1985 and presently operated by Torrens Transit. It has had two engine bay fires, in 2009 and in February this year, and more recently a 'smoking tail light'.

In June 2010, the Transport Minister gave permission for the bus to stay on the road, a formal requirement as there is a legal requirement for buses to be withdrawn from service once they reach 25 years of age, unless they have a Ministerial exemption.

The paper reports that the Adelaide bus fleet is stretched as present because of the many additional services being operated as rail replacement runs while parts of the metro rail networks is closed for upgrading prior to electrification.