New reign on our parade - Anzac Pde Reconstruction

Started by Sir Pompously, January 07, 2010, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Must be a slow news day, as the reconstruction started last month.

New reign on our parade
07 Jan, 2010 11:04 AM

What was a picturesque roadway drawing the eye between the Australian War Memorial and Parliament House has been partly reduced to rubble, but that's all for a good cause.

Stage 2 of the estimated $2 million reconstruction of Anzac Parade is under way with Reid-side lanes closed to traffic in what is the first comprehensive reconstruction since 1965.

The National Capital Authority's acting chief executive, Alison Walker-Kaye, said the threestage process had been planned to minimise disruption to traffic and to accommodate use of the road for Remembrance Day and Anzac Day.

Source: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/new-reign-on-our-parade/1719985.aspx

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sir Pompously on January 07, 2010, 03:23:40 PM
''I encourage Canberra drivers who regularly use Anzac Parade to plan alternate routes,"
:doh:
I think he means alternative routes.

And why can't the NCA find some money to fix Russell Drive which is in far worse condition than Anzac Parade ever has been?

Sir Pompously

Russell Drive is horrible, I don't remember ever going along it when it has not been cracked, bumpy and full of pot holes. National Cct is another one which is a little worse for wear, with the tar inserts in the cracks re-cracking and chunks missing from parts of the road.

smitho

I see the red bus lane on Belconnen Way southbound, near the Barry Drive intersection,  is (predictably) cracking up badly - it was in very poor condition and structurally deformed when the red paint was first applied.