Deanes Fares - Up Go The Prices

Started by Busnerd, January 13, 2008, 09:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Today 'Heralded' yet another half annual fare increase for Deanes, wit one section now costing $1.90, and bogans in QBN not earning an extra 20cents per hour, I don't know what's gonna happen, they just keep putting up the fares 40cents a year, as if it wasnt exorbitant enough as it is!

Irisbus Rider

Don't forget, it is a private operation, sure, government subsidies, they only do so much, they still need to earn their dough.

Sir Pompously

The airliner has not gone up in price (Thank god) and is still $9.00 for an adult one way.

Bus 400

Actually the ticket to the Airport will cost a lot less soon. Hopefully the fares for other parts of the ACT (Oaks Esate) will reduce soon.

Sir Pompously

What makes you say that? ACTION will run to BBP (But not to the terminal), and have normal fares but alot of people at BBP get it for free from their company anyway through the airport and airliner. But that is not really going to cause the Airport to lower prices on the airliner as only locals will catch the services, not tourists. Which once aain I say, what makes you say prices will lower?

Irisbus Rider

Apparently, Deanes fares on A1 and A2 will drop to ACTION's fare prices, $1:50 Cc, $3 Ad.

Busnerd

Quote from: Renault Rider on January 15, 2008, 07:15:06 PM
Apparently, Deanes fares on A1 and A2 will drop to ACTION's fare prices, $1:50 Cc, $3 Ad.

I think you misheard me John, I was telling you the above fares are now for the city - brand depot - city portion of the airliner.

Thats why I said it must be ACT prices as it operates within ACT and yeah, so really If your cheap, just pay $3 to B/D (2.70 with discount) and walk to the airport :P

Irisbus Rider

I must have.

It must be to not confuse the teenage bimbos heading out there, a.k.a IF's.

bubzie

Quote from: Renault Rider on January 16, 2008, 08:25:15 PM

It must be to not confuse the teenage bimbos heading out there, a.k.a IF's.

thankyou, thankyou, i'll be here till friday  :D

Bus 400

Quote from: Todd Milton on January 15, 2008, 06:51:08 PM
what makes you say prices will lower?

Because people will be able to pay $6.60 for an Adult Daily rather then $9 each way.

Sir Pompously

But Deanes do not regulate fares (Canberra Airport does) and most of the users on that service work for Brindabella Business Park where their companies pay for travel or parking, so they get it for free anyway. The service will not be to the airport, it will be to Brindabella Business Park, so therefore the two services are not in Direct competition as they are both targetting different passengers (Airliner for Airport pax, and ACTION for Office Workers, even though most get it free on Airliner). If the fares do go down, it will not be by much as there is no way they can sustain the service with low fares (Unless Canberra Airport inject alot of money ino it or give it up to ACTION).

Irisbus Rider

Lol, sorry bubzie :-[
;D

Todd, don't forget, it's just to Brand Depot, considering that the service was free, and now is relative to ACTIONs fares, that makes sense in some way.

And I'm not sure, Todd, you're probably right, in this case, the Airport probably may regulate fares, otherwise, it would be the ACT Gov't, as is in NSW.

Busnerd

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 16, 2008, 11:42:26 PM
Quote from: Todd Milton on January 15, 2008, 06:51:08 PM
what makes you say prices will lower?

Because people will be able to pay $6.60 for an Adult Daily rather then $9 each way.

ACTION will not charge $9 each way, that is just a deanes fare as they have no competition. Fares were only $7 each way as snow subsidised the essential service, but now that ACTION is going there he wont subsidise it, so deanes is putting the price back up. The once free BD ticket was also subsidised by snow, so now deanes is charging fares on it, but i think some strange rule meant they can only charge  ACT fares or something.

So ACTION's fares will be the same, deanes has all gone up 20cents a section for adults, and will not change its airliner fares for now, or for some time.

We also need to keep in mind that most states have expensive shuttle buses at airports which are usuallt $5 - $15, but some areas are lucky to have a service, such as

Sydney - 400 (however does not run to city, but has train) regular bus ticket, overpriced private train fare
Adelaide - the J series routes which are regular price

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Renault RiderTodd, don't forget, it's just to Brand Depot, considering that the service was free, and now is relative to ACTIONs fares, that makes sense in some way.
Whaaaaa? We are talking about Airport fares not brand depot. Airport fares will not change, unless there is a serious injection of money. Brand depot is another story.

Irisbus Rider

I was talkign in regard to Brand Depot, and the fares there.

Airport fares will not change, yeah.

seat cover

To set the record straight.
Airport terminal from civic or woden $9
Airport terminal Parliament and russell $7
BRand depot or Brindabella business park $3.00
park at Brand depot ride to civic promotion still free fare paid by Brand depot
Some government departments pay for their staff to travel on airliner.

ACTION will not travel to Airport terminal. Deane's has not announced there plans for Airliner after ACTION starts at BBP.

Deane's started the Airliner when ACTION pulled out of the airport 2001.

Deane's like all NSW private (and Govt operators) are issued a maximun fare schedule each January and can put their fare up to that maximun fare.

We have had around 3% cpi and nearly $0.15 per litre rise since last year. The NSW Govt would determin the rate of increase in line with CPI.

How much did the ACT tax payers subisdise ACTION last year $60M?