Constitution Avenue Bus Stops

Started by Bus 400, May 19, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

We start our journey at the stops outside the National Convention Centre.

South stop.

North stop.

The sign stuck in the past, the numbers that are faded are Routes 50 & 212, with directions for the 215.

A little further down is the shelter outside the ANZAC  Park West Offices, when Constitution Avenue is duplicated I'd expect this shelter will be demolished.

This is the shelter on the other side of the road.

We then have the shelter on the other side of ANZAC Parade.

We then have a shelter closed while works on the ANZAC Parade/Constitution Avenue intersection goes on. The bus stop has been moved a few metres down the road.

Buzz Killington

How is it that a stop on a major road in the city lists at least ten routes that have not operated for years?!

Bus 400

Just laziness, however it is preserving history. Since the top sign is at least pre-Network 2000, I wonder what is on the board that lists the 250?

The fourth site I remember seeing one of these bus route signs was out at City West Interchange. But I think that went around 2009/2010, unless someone remembers it gone earlier?

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 19, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

This sign has now also gone.

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 19, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

This shelter on Campbell side of ANZAC Parade is now being demolished.

Bus 400

Both wooden shelters either side of ANZAC Parade have been demolished this week.

Busnerd

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 14, 2012, 05:26:35 PM
Both wooden shelters either side of ANZAC Parade have been demolished this week.

Therse shelters used to look pretty smart when painted in the original black and white format; they date to the days of the Dept of the Interior / Dept of the Capital Territory, with (no doubt) design input from the National Capital Development Commission (NCDC).

There are a few around which have been repainted fairly recently in a style close to original format (Campbell Pk Terminus?).