Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: 114 - Spence Terminus
Option 2: ex-108 & ex-967
Option 3: 203-037 - Belconnen Depot
Option 4: 691 - Alinga Street
Option 5: 502 - Belconnen Interchange
Option 6: 213-238 - Westfield Belconnen
Time once again for Photo of the Month.
● two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
● * This month we are seeking photos of "ancillary vehicles"¹. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or ancillary vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus or @BarryDrive2601 (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 27 July, Australian Eastern standard time.
Voting will commence on 28 July. Voting will close 1 August.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
1 - "ancillary vehicle" refers to a support vehicle for a public transport provider; examples include the ACTION Tow Truck, breakdown vans and field vans. Ancillary vehicles for CMET and QCity may also be submitted.
114 at Spence Terminus.
ex-108 and ex-967 pose by Lake Burley Griffin on a foggy morning.
203-037 delivers 865 to Belconnen Depot.
691 on Alinga Street
Bus 502 departing Belconnen Interchange
New Belconnen field van: 213-238 (Mercedes-Benz Sprinter) at Westfield Belconnen
Just over a day left for voting. We have a tie at the moment, so if you haven't voted yet please do so.