Question: Photo of the Month
Option 1: YLR-99A - Gungahlin Place
Option 2: 547 - Cohen St Bus Stn
Option 3: 720 - Kippax
Option 4: 412 - Robin Boyd Cres
Option 5: 714 - Narrabundah Terminus
Option 6: 721 - Woden Layover
Option 7: 685 - Namatjira Dr
Option 8: 698 - Noorooma St
Option 9: 217-499 - Woden Interchange
Photo of the Month nominations are now open for September.
● two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
● * This month we are seeking photos of Buses 682-721. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos of the same bus.
● photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
● photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing
● submitted photographs must prominently feature:
◦ public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
◦ a bus, tram or ancillary vehicle from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
▪ the vehicle is in focus
▪ the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
● photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
Refer here (http://actbus.net/gallery-submissions) for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus Facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus or @BarryDrive2601 (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 27 August, Australian Eastern standard time.
Voting will commence on 28 August. Voting will close 1 September.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
So I'll kick things off -
Canberra Metro YLR-99A "Network Response" ute, parked in the reserved Light Rail Vehicle space at Gungahlin Place.
Bus 547 (Sleep Doctor AOA) at Cohen St Bus Stn
Bus 720 at Kippax Interchange
BUS 412 (https://flic.kr/p/2jzaSHf) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 412 is seen operating a route 26 on Robin Boyd Crescent in Taylor
BUS 714 (https://flic.kr/p/2jzbQaU) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 714 is seen at Narrabundah Terminus after completing a route 56 on a wet winters night
BUS 721 (https://flic.kr/p/2jzaSHk) by Zac Mathes (https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacmathes/), on Flickr
BUS 721 is seen at the Woden/Hellenic Club Layover on its first night in service
685 operates a 70 along Namatjira Drive.
698 operates a 78 to Chisholm along Noorooma Street, Isabella Plains.
217499 departs Woden Interchange.
Voting is underway. 3 votes per person.
For the next round, the bonus category will be Fuso Rosas - that are operated by an accredited bus service (so ACTION, Qcity, Rixons ...)