Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Mat and Todd do Melbourne

Started by Sir Pompously, July 25, 2008, 11:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Mathew and myself trekked off to Melbourne (Mexico) for a few days to take a gander at their Public Transport. We stayed at the Mecure Hotel in Spring Street which was close to Tram and Train stops. Of course, I payed an extra $20 for a Balcony so I could partake in High Tea. I enjoyed the Tram Network, was very enthused by the Bumblebee C2 class tram aswell as riding on a designline (And an NCBC). The NCBC Was very nice, the Designline I did not like as much due to the curvature inside the bus. Trains the Siemens was the best, the Xtrapolis was very rough (Although the Xtrapolis looks better). Went up the Eureka Tower and also got to head around the city itself. I must also say, Who the hell paints Taxi's in a stupid Light Yellow colour? May (Insert name for a god(s) here) have mecy on us all.
Inflight

Showing the Snowcapped Mountains below, my 767-300 is heading Melbourne Bound after leaving Canberra with about 80 people onboard

Yarra Trams

D2 5004 has Terminated at East Brunswick and is preparing to return to the city and then St Kilda

Z1 86 turns from Railway Ave to Sir John Monash Drive in Caulfield on a route 3 to East Malvern

A2 267 is preparing to run towards Box Hill on a route 109 service at Port Melbourne

D2 5010 is advertising Bank West on a Route 96 service to St Kilda Beach

D1 3502 is advertising Wicked  on a route 16 to the University at St Kilda

A C1 Class Tram is seen in Motion along Clarendon Street

C1 3023 is on Clarendon Street running a route 109 service to Port Melbourne

'Bumblebee 2' C25113

C2 5113 'Bumblebee 2' an Alstom Citadis Tram is on Hire from Mulhouse, France.

Here it is seen heading to East Brunswick on a 96 service

This is the information inside the tram on how the livery came about

Here we see the happy bee and slogan signwriting added to the Mulhouse Livery

Buses

A View of a Smart Bus stop at night time

A Moonee Valley Coaches Vehicle is in East Brunswick

Melbourne

Flinders Street Station is lit up as trams and cars pass through the intersection creating quite a busy effect

A View down the Yarra River shows a nice city view with the second tallest building in Melbourne, the Rialto Towers prominent in the shot

Part of Melbourne's Skyline with the near new Eureka Tower standing tall amongst the buildings. The upper lever, where red and blue lights are is the Observation Deck which sits 50m above the Rialto Tower Observation Decks. It is also one of the Tallest Residential buildings in the world, Matching with Q1 on the Gold Coast (Q1 is taller due to a spire on the top, however the Eureka Tower has more floors)

Shimmering in the Morning Sun is the Eureka Tower

Mathew can shed more light onto Melbourne, right now I am tired and Bed Bound as I have to be up earlier for work as we have a new check in system being implemented. Fun Fun Fun!

bubzie

dude, the one of flinders street station looks awesome!!

Buzz Killington

great photos! love the flinders street station one, and the other skyline shots are awesome!

liking the bumblebee!

Trolleybusracer

Heh That was a Designline at the smartbus stop  ;D

Sir Pompously

Thankyou very much Guys and Dolls!

Yes, TBR that was indeed a Designline. An Oribiter (or Orbitor?) infact. A little worse for wear inside it was.

belcodriver

>A View of a Smart Bus stop at night time

Weren't some of those promised in Canberra and followed up with a few years mysterious silence?

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: belcodriver on July 26, 2008, 08:44:08 PM
Weren't some of those promised in Canberra and followed up with a few years mysterious silence?

*begins Silence with crickets in the backround*

Irisbus Rider

Yes, we were.

Wow, it's a nice place, probably only because of the fantastic photos that you produced, I bet it's not as good in real life :P

Seriously, good stuff, thanks for those Todd!