Yass Junction Railway Station

Started by Bus 400, August 14, 2010, 09:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

On a recent trip up to Yass I decided to check out Yass Junction Railway Station & luckily the Sydney bound XPT was about to arrive:

Sir Pompously

That trailing XP is looking a little sorry for itself..... hope it is in for a refurb soon.

Snorzac

First picture is very nice Bus 400!!!

The Love Guru

Agreed, great pic there BUS400, your photography has improved out of sight (pun intended) in recent times, keep up the good work.

smitho

Great picture Julian (1st one)...should submit to Railway Digest.

Busnerd

Bus 400

I just worked out that the line on the far left is the old tram line that ran into Yass.

The Love Guru

It was a branch line into Yass, which saw many different steam Locos and the odd diesel. IIRC there was also X class locos there that used to shunt the cars into town and back. If you drive along the street south of the main street, you will see the old line still there in places.

smitho

Yeah, years ago I organised a CPH Rail Motor tour over the Yass Town branch and we also went up the Boorowa branchline the same day. In those days, there was still a regular weekday freight service on the line, operated by Alco 48 class locomotives...mainly oil tankers and a bit of sundry freight.

Regular passenger services on the Yass Town line used to connect with the overnight mail trains.