General Interstate Discussion

Started by Busnerd, January 05, 2011, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

I will be doing a rail shift on Saturday in either 677 or 678, I think it is glenfield to granville or something of the like 0245 sign on, first trip at 3 something am  :o  it is one of the trinity renaults so hopefully its alright :) will take my camera along too

Buzz Killington

Nice late start for you there.. Would be great to see some photos.

Busnerd

Ended up doing a shift both days.

Saturday was a 0245 sign on with the first trip out of macarthur at 0345. On saturday I did route 10A
-Macarthur
-Campbelltown
-Ingleburn
-Glenfield
-Casula
-Liverpool
-Warwick Farm
-Cabramatta
-Canley Vale
-Fairfield
-Yennora
-Guildford
-Merrylands
-Granville

With each trip take a short 87 minutes to complete....but of course I couldn't keep to time all day, so each run was about 15 minutes late at least. From what I've heard the times are fucked and not many people could get even close to being on time and many trips were cancelled. I finished my shift at Granville at about 1pm

Here is 678 seen here at the brand new shiny Macarthur Interchange...let me tell you the new interchange and new look station look fantastic, especially in the slums of campbelltown, they surely dont deserve it, luckily no glass around for them to scratch.

On sunday I had a 0645 sign on and 0712 start time at Granville for which I arrive at 725 and had my first trip made express to Fairfield then as normal to Glenfield. The sunday I was doing a mix of 10 and 20 runs, which the 10 is the same as 10A but only goes as far south as Glenfield. I ran so rediculously late this day that I had a whole round trip cancelled, oh well its a veolia contract so sucked in veolia! Anyway Dean is yelling at me cause Riad is downstairs so enjoy!

Buzz Killington

Is that the Renault that used to operate for one of the Colleges? I suspect so given what appears to be a cheap cover up of their signwriting..

The Love Guru

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 10, 2011, 08:40:34 PM
Is that the Renault that used to operate for one of the Colleges? I suspect so given what appears to be a cheap cover up of their signwriting..

Think you'll find that it is just covered up whilst operating non trinity grammar services. I thought they were just magnets that covered the sign writing, but the piece on the front looks like its a cheap stick on.

Busnerd

They are just poorly cut stickers. Should be getting a shift this weekend, I have requested a MAN....mainly for the air con since the renault was stinking hot cause the a/c is disconnected. I know most of those MANs are shithouse but I'm interested to drive some different things.

Sir Pompously

Voith or Renk? I think they would be most interesting, very sluggish, but certainly interesting.

Busnerd

It Is a voith.

In other news I was called out to emrgency rail last night. Took out a MK1 rebody, special to Bondi Junction, by the time we got there however the trains just commenced once again so we sat 'on standby' and did our late night shopping before returning to telfords.